Im new here! - Angie

Guest doglover

Guest doglover

Hi Im new here, thought I had added a post before, but it seems to have disappeared into cyberspace! Try again.

My name is Angie, and I had my SAH fairly recently, I ended up in hospital just before Christmas 08. After a week I was allowed home, having had coils put in. Slowly but surely I seem to be returning to normal, the difference in how I feel then and now is huge, much stronger now, I went back to work six week after my op, and two weeks in am coping okay. I get tired and have headaches still but I wont be beaten!! This site is great, for the first time I can talk to people who know where I am coming from, nice to meet you all!

Hey Angie

Welcome to the site and to the family.

This is an excellent place to be for advice and knowing that what you're feeling is pretty normal.

You are very early into your recovery so make sure you don't overdo it and always listen to your body.

How old are you? Kids? Job? etc a bit of background helps us to get to know you better - our excuse for being nosey really :wink:

Take care and speak soon

Love Sami xxx

Hi Angie :D A very warm welcome to BTG......it is still very early days for you.....take care and listen to your body. You will find lots of support here....look forward to hearing more from you.

Take care

Love Tina xx

Guest doglover

Ahh thanks everyone. Im getting much better at listening to my body, before my SAH I would keep going until I was exhausted, but Have learnt that it does you no favours!

A bit about me, I am 36 years old, and have a rather wonderful man who has been fab these last few months, and that has made a huge difference to my recovery, Im very lucky. No kids yet, but I work with children, and love my job (mostly!). I have two dogs who I adore, they keep me fit too and have helped my recovery, I walk a couple of hours a day, its great (unless its raining!). Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better, Angie.

Hi Angie

Welcome to our family I'm certain that you will find all the help and support you need on this wonderful sight.

You sound as if you have made a good recovery but please remember to listen to your body and rest plenty. Look forward to hearing a lot more from you.

Janet x

Hi Angie

Good to meet you.

I share the thoughts of many here, which is for you not to do too much in these early days. You have a good positive attitude but do accept sometimes that you will need to rest. For me, keeping a daily diary was my biggest help as it let me see how far I'd come since the SAH, that way I wasn't too hard on myself if I couldn't manage something on a particular day.

Along with my family, my 2 dogs also helped me. I'm an outdoor person, I love walking with or without the dogs (even if it is raining). I'd love to know more about your dogs and where you walk.

Kim

Kim

Hi

I too have been helped no end by my dog Max, (9 months old) we got him soon after I came out of hospital in July last year and he has been a tremmedous help to me, making me get up in the mornings and giving me a reason to go out. Look forward to hearing more from you

Caroline

Guest doglover

Hi,

I agree, my dogs give me a reason to get up in the mornings, and need a decent amount of exercise each day, and if I dont do it, it doesnt get done! Once I started to feel better it was one the things I missed most, exercising them and being outdoors- very frustrating! Good motivation for improving though.

Im lucky enough to live in sunny (not!) Cornwall, so have a choice of lots of lovely walks. The woods and the beach are a particular fave for us, we quite often venture off to find a new walk at the weekend.

The advice given by most on here not to do too much too quickly sounds like good advice, I do find myself flagging if I dont listen to my bodys messages, I have had a busier day at work today and now find myself with a headache, early night for me to recoup! Thanks everyone for taking the time to post messages, I do feel very welcome already, Angie.

Angie, welcome from another doglover! We have two at the moment, and yes they are great motivators and great comforters, I imagine that you will guess from my username that I may have some connection with Cornwall, I do indeed, I was brought up there ( am now very much a senior citizen) but love Cornwall always :wink: Here in NI is the closest I have been to somewhere like it, our coast is very similar. It seems to have taken me rather a while to find your post, I'm sorry about that, but wish you all the best anyway :)