Two years on

SarahLS

Two years ago today I had a dental injection which caused the first of four thunderclap headaches. I didn't discover for another month that I'd actually had a SAH.

It has felt an odd day, last year at this time I'd just been threatened with redundancy and so the anniversary passed me by in a haze of stress and fear about my job, this year I've felt just how lucky I am despite everything.

I'm definitely learning my limits, and learning to say no more (especially to work) but I am fed up with having a two year headache and also with the fatigue. Knowing there are people here who "get it" completely is wonderful, especially as I have learned exactly who my real life friends are.

Thank you all for listening, and supporting during my journey & here's hoping that things do improve some more, however slowly.

Sarah ... well done two years post SAH.

Great to hear that you are positive about your progress.  With such a traumatic time back then it is good that you have felt BTG and it`s members have been such a support in your recovery journey.

It is also encouraging when you realise that recovery is gradual as the brain continues to heal and adapt.

Best wishes as you go forward into another year.

Subs

Hi Sarah,

Congratulations on you 2 year Anni- versary, After all the stress of last year it is good to know that you have made some progress, it's not always easy to learn what your limitations are, it's good to know that you are finding it easier now,  the headaches and fatigue do get better as with everything else to do with recovery from SAH it takes time.

It's lovely that you have found BTG such a great support, I think we are all so grateful to have a place to come and to know that each and every one of us can support each other through this journey.

Keep on being kind to yourself as you continue along the recovery road.

Sending love and hugs to you

Love

Michelle. Xx

Congratulations on your anni-versary, 

glad to hear you are learning your limitations. I think that is one of the hardest things post bleed particularly with regard to work. 

As Michelle says be kind to yourself, it’s a long road but hopefully not as lonely knowing you have people here on BTG who understand. 

take care xx

Many thanks for all the kind words. We spent the weekend visiting family who we won't see over Christmas and this has wiped me out. Why do people always want to go out for evening meals in noisy places?

Spending today quietly and looking after myself!

Sarah, from my own experience, I found the first two years the worse ... Coming to terms with it all and my limitations, as well as having to put up with some of the side effects from the drugs that I was on.

I can honestly say, that it does get better and if there's one tip that I can give you .... and that's to measure yourself, from when you first came out of hospital and not before.

I can also say, that I've had more recovery, past the 2 yr point... and that the brain does learn to re-train itself ... never give up and keep on keeping on ... well done! xx

Archived