5 Years Today!

Claudette

Hi All

I haven't visited this site for some time, now I've acclimatised to being a SAH survivor, but you all spring to mind at every anniversary.😀 After all, who knows better than a SAH warrior what it's like to live with the affects of having a SAH?

Well, today is my 5th anniversary. Every year is a blessing for me. When I recall how it was straight after my haemorrhage compared with how things are now, I realise that I have come a long way.  

Yes, I still have some challenges- my memory still stinks, my balance is poor, I gained a lot of weight, I suffer from fatigue, and I get irritable extremely quickly - but I've also learned so much from my experience, such as empathy and compassion for others, which has instigated a change in career for me, from being a teacher to being a trainee psychotherapist. 

I just wanted to say to all of those people who are still at the early stages of their recovery, things really do get better, so live in hope and dont give up.

Happy anni-versary to me! 

X

Congratulations Claudette on your 5th year  SAH Anni-versary :) 

Great to hear how well you are doing and a change in career, wishing you well.

Thank you for sharing.

Take care

Love Tina xx   

Congratulations on your anni-versary just behind me, I am 5 and a half years and I echo you totally. Changed jobs 3 times since my bleed and now back to what I was doing before but on half the hours. Memory dire and still get fatigued but 'hey' I'm here :) 

Here's to many more years xx

Hello Claudette and also thankyou for sharing on your 5th year post SAH.

Great to hear that you have moved on during these years and come to terms with many of the lasting effects of your brain trauma.

Wishing you another great year ahead where you can enjoy your work and value your new life.

Subs

Congrats on the post SAH five year mark. Good to hear your honest summary. I also find my experience a balance of gratitude and learning to accept a new normal. I am more irritable lately, but I think isolation during safer at home restrictions may be contributing to my moodiness. Yes, I agree that SAH brought lessons on empathy and compassion. Best wishes in your new career. ❤️ Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Claudette, thanks for coming back to site and sharing how you are doing and wow what great news on the new study and seeking a new profession. 

I always think the anniversary posts are often where people first visit and read after they come to site. It’s that hope of things getting better, that there Is still life to be had post SAH, fulfilled, interesting and always progress. Yours a great example x

Archived