My Story - SeanC

Guest SeanC

Guest SeanC

Hello Everybody

I found this site by 'accident' and must admit that some of the stories and posts on here have given me a BIG boost after my own SAH and how to start dealing with some of the things im still going through. First of all if im posting in the wrong place sorry im new!!

Well where to start?? ive read about some of the early signs that a lot of you had before your SAH and i must admit that i had none of them!!!! I just got up on the saturday got dressed and ready to do what i was going to do that day.....and BANG I collapsed and can remember nothing for the next 5 months!!!! I just honestly dont remember a thing and thats what im having the most trouble with tbh, apparently i was allowed home on Christmas eve and returned christmas night but remember none of it and even when i returned to the hospital recently for physio I met the nurses who looked after me so well and i honestly cannot remember any of them and i feel a bit shabby tbh these wonderful people took care of me for months on end and i cant even remember them!!! its very frustrating

I do remember the day it happened...and then nothing at all for soooo long and now that i am getting back to a semblance of normality i find myself just so tired after work that there isnt much time for anything else really and its the support of my wonderful wife and family thats really getting me through these (i must admit) hard times and i'd be lost without them.

Apart from the tiredness the only symptom i have somehow picked up is tinitus!!! but thats only at night really and speaking to my doctor and hearing of some of the effects and lasting problems a lot of people have after a SAH Im lucky and thank my lucky stars really

The thing that for me has come out of all this is the realisation that so many people love and care for me and how lucky i am to have them, I guess until you go through something like this you just take people for granted sometimes and amble through life worrying about things that dont really matter and sometimes neglect what really does but now I really do try and focus on what really matters and not let the things which shouldnt take over.

Keep up the good work everbody and good health

Sean

Hi Sean

Welcome to BTG and thank you for sharing your story with us. You have posted in the right place. Lovely to hear that your feeling so much better are you already back at work full time ?

The fatigue and tiredness does improve over time its just learning to pace yourself sometimes easier said than done.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Janet x

Hi Sean and welcome! :-D

I also suffer from tinnitus since the SAH ...... I don't notice it during the day, but it can sometimes drive me nuts when I'm trying to get off to sleep .... but, I am getting used to it....:wink:

Glad that you're able to draw some comfort from BTG ..... It really does all get better with time .... xx

Guest ElaineW

Hello and welcome. I am a carer so obviously see things from the other side, my mum had her SAH 15 months ago and its still an upward struggle. Her memory has been hit for 6 which I think she finds the most frustrating of all. All you guys have had incredible journeys. I wish you progress and more progress, you all so deserve it to have come so far.

Elaine & Maggie

Hello Sean,are you from here, (Northern Ireland)with a name like yours you should be;-) The memory or lack of it is probably the main difficulty amongst almost all of us. It is frustrating indeed. Your memory of what went on,may come back, or it may not perhaps your brain feels you really don't need to know;) The nurses etc will certainly understand. Try to relax about it all and just accept the tiredness, take advantage of it, rest up when you can and concentrate on you so that the time all those lovely people spent on you is not wasted;-) Good luck, hope to 'chat' again sometime:-D

Hi Sean,

Welcome to this wonderful website, we are all a really friendly bunch and try to be as supportive as possible. There is normally someone who knows the answer!:-D

You sound like you are doing really well. Please listen to your body though as I returned to work early on and didn't listen to my body and ended up back off for 5 months, then returned for 3 weeks and was back off for 3 months. I must say i'm no better now though as had this week off through exhaustion! I'll never learn :roll::roll:

Anyway stick with us, if you want more great friends.

Love and hugs

Laura

xx

Hi Sean :-D A very warm welcome to Behind the Gray :-D Glad you found us by accident! You will find lots of helpful information and lots of wonderful support....has been a Godsend to me! I also have memory problems....my Hubby and kids often have to fill me in with what happened in hospital. You are doing great!! Well done you ! Look forward to hearing from you again soon. Take care, Love Tina xx

Hi Sean welcome to BTG, thank you for sharing your story with us, like you I too could not remember much so the family filled in the details.

If you have any questions just ask, I am sure one of us here can answer you. I look forward hearing from you some more.

Myra xx

Hi Sean,

Bless you for sharing your story with us. :-D

It's two years since my S.A.H. and like you, I can't remember much at all. I think that's a fair comment for most of us on here. Like you, and many others, family filled in the "story" of what happened.

I'd like to Welcome you aboard this very friendly ship. You'll find if anyone can help, they most certainly will help with any queries that you may have.

Take care,

B x x :-D

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the support and responses its nice to "speak" to people who have been through this and know what its like and thats not to say other people have no idea but for me its been hard to explain sometimes how im feeling!!!

Had my 44th Birthday at the weekend (jeez im getting on!!!) and just to have the family around me was special and all the nice and helpful replies from you guys has really perked me up the last few days

Thanks

Sean

Hi Sean

Welcome to the site and to the family. I too found this site by accident when googling SAH after mine nearly three years ago - now i don't know where I'd be without it and all the fantastic friends I have made here.

Do listen to your body - it'll let you know when you're doing too much.

Take care

Love Sami x

• 2 weeks later...