Hi all, Just need some advice. 

In November I experienced a sah due to a fall off my horse. I've been back to work 5 weeks only doing mornings. 

I'm still experiencing tiredness, dizzyness and headaches, has anyone experienced this still after and if so for how long? 

I've been signed off for another 6 weeks to rest but I live on my own and can't afford ssp for 6 weeks. 

Hope to hear from you and any help accepted. 

Love shazza x

• Karen changed the title to SAH - Due to a fall

Hi Shazza,

Welcome to BTG! 

Everything you are feeling is normal part of your recovery. It can be a long, slow, up and down journey. Everybody is different. I can only speak from my experience. My SAH was in July 2020. I have significantly improved since then but I still get the headaches. Fatigue is also a factor in my everyday life. I take frequent rests and try to breakdown tasks so it does not overwhelm me. 

Take it easy and listen to your body. We cannot really set a timeframe for our recovery. We always say here, be kind to yourself. I do hope you can find someone to help you with everyday tasks. For moral support, you can always count on us here. BTG is such a lovely, supportive group.

Take care,

Ann

• Like 4

Hi Shazza :) 

A very warm welcome to BTG, glad you found us.

I can only repeat what the lovely Ann has said above. Some great advice.

It really is very early days in your recovery. I think you may have gone back to work too soon and your body is telling you that. Could you have a chat with work and go back on a slower phased return after you have rested. Perhaps two mornings a week and then gradually increase. See how you cope. Have regular meetings.

As Ann has said everyone is different in their recovery. Listen to you body, rest lots and drink plenty of water as that really helps with the headaches. 

Wishing you well with your recovery. Keep in touch.

Take care 

Love Tina xx

• Like 3

Hi, your best bet is to find a Benefits Adviser in your area. They will be able to tell you if you are entitled to any financial help.

Your local or county council may have a welfare rights department. Depending on your age Age UK also have them.

There is also website called Youreable 

https://youreable.livingmadeeasy.org.uk/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=1612865617-f85b06b273096818d382da6ae5990f82d14cf7c4

If you join the forum there are folk on there who can give you good advice even though they are not advisers as such. There is a member called Nukecad who is very knowledgeable about the benefit system and should be able to point you in the right direction 

• Like 3

Hi Shazza

I echo all that the others have said earlier. You really need to take a little more time off to help your recovery.

I too like a glass of wine but whilst it isn't a no, no, you need to be aware that it will affect you more post bleed. I was told that it has double the effect and I certainly don't need much now before I feel it! I also find alcohol affects my memory much more than before so be careful.

Keep taking it slowly - that's your recovery and the wine! ;) 

Clare xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi again Shazza,

I'm glad to hear you will be off work again. Take that time to really relax and rest. 
I feel you about wine. We are the same! Haha. I would wait a while longer though. Wine and meds assuming you are taking some is not a good mix. The after effects is not worth it and I am speaking from experience. 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Shazza glad you have found us on BTG. Re the wine/alcohol I was told that I mustn’t drink any at all as it would affect my balance and dizziness  much more than usual. I have found many 0% alcohol alternative wines, beers and spirits which are generally quite good. Need to try different ones to find one that suits you but I’ve found they are generally pretty good. 
Sally

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Shazza,

Yes, it is quite normal. Have you gone back full hours? A gradual return to work is advisable to build up your stamina and to test the waters so to speak. I hope that it is something you can arrange and feasible with your line of work. You can also ask your Doctor to back you up with this. Pace yourself and it's very important not to overwork yourself. 

Best of luck,

Ann