" V " Shaped Pillow

When I was in hospital recovering from the SAH, there was a lovely lady in the next bed to me, who had terminal cancer and had just undergone an op to have part of her brain tumour removed. She had obviously been in and out of hospital for quite a while and she had brought in this funny shaped V pillow. She told me that it was the best thing that she had ever bought and she took it everywhere with her.

Fed up myself with lumpy pillows, neckache, backache + raging headache and not being able to get comfortable, I asked my Husband to pick me one up. From that day forward I've used my V pillow for sleeping, propping me up, in the car if I'm on a long journey, on the settee, it goes everywhere and I haven't slept with a normal pillow since.

If you've recently had a SAH and you're having problems getting comfortable whether resting or sleeping, it's worth giving the pillow a try. I think that you can buy them from Argos and I've also seen them on ebay.

K x

Hi Karen

I have a V pillow as well. I find it great for propping myself up in bed to read or for a nap during the day. For this , It's the best thing since sliced bread. At night though, I have to ditch it as I find it uncomfortable when lying on my side.

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith,

I love.... my V pillow.. :D It's good to cuddle as well! I can't lie completely flat since the SAH, as I find that I wake up with a pressure feeling in my head ..... I also lie on my side, but I just pull one end of the pillow slightly under my body as well.....but yep, the best thing since sliced bread!

Love K x

Hi Guys

I just got my V pillow a couple of days ago and I had the best night sleep last night that I have had in weeks. I woke up this morning almost feeling like this whole experience was a bad dream.

I use mine on the sofa when watching tv and in bed to read and sleep. When I'm on my side I just hug the other end to my chest and fall asleep having a big pillow cuddle!!!

Definitely worth buying.

Sami xxx

• 2 months later...

Hmmmm wonder if this is "clinically significant" ? I too love my V pillow and can not imagine sleeping without one. I made my wife go ALL over the place looking for one! Many years later (well two) I think I still love my wife more than the pillow but it's a close run thing!

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

OK, following advice I bought mum a v pillow from a website.... and one for me, one for my dad and one for my husband....

we're all now v converts!

take care

Hannahx

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mummybear

I have a v pillow too and wouldn't be without it. :) I also had a back support bought for me which is great for reading in bed...It looks like a minature deckchair but that along with the v pillow are great for uncomfortable days.

• 7 months later...
Guest michael's girl

I bought Michael one about 2 weeks ago and bought him another today! Hes been alot more comfy with it and the 2nd one they use between his legs and arms, I think I may also get one for myself to cuddle at night. I really love this sight all the tips, help and support u all give, ur all really fab!!!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::D

Love Laurie x x x x x x

Hi all, I too have a V shaped pillow which I have used for years. The reason I got one initially was when I was nursing my Eldery clients they all seemed to have one and they looked so comfy. I still suffer from neckache and it is a godsend for that. I really never thought I would need one for a medical purpose......not yet anyway. I'm only 55......lol So I asked my boss if she could get me one (wholesale....lol). They are brilliant and i advise everyone to get one.

Mollie xxx

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Thought that I would just say, that I still use the V pillow to sleep with and I'm over 4 years post SAH ..... not sure how many I've bought!

Would recommend it to anyone that has just had a SAH, as it helps to support the neck and it's good when you want to put your feet up on the sofa or even if you need it on a long journey in the car .... :wink:

• 1 month later...

Hi Kelley

I've been using mine for over three years now and rarely get a good nights sleep without one. Am actually looking for a new one as mine is battered now lol,, will let you know if I find one in the internet and how much.