Lyn - new member

Lyn

Hi, so glad I've just found this group?

I had nasah on 11th March, after having a nagging headache. No reason was found, angiogram was clear. Overwhelming tiredness has gone, but I know when I've overdone it & need to rest! Been off work since, but due to go back in Sept. Luckily I only work part time, but its as a teaching assistant in Primary, so its full on!

Recently I've had more weird head feelings, hard to describe to others. So good to read your descriptions & relate them to mine. I've also got a constant ringing in my ears, which is worse by bedtime. Ironically I'm sleeping deeper than ever. But I've had to have my ears syringed & had 2 nasty ear infections? I also get blocked sinuses, like some others. Its got to be connected surely?

Thanks for letting me share. So good to have found you?

• Like 3

Hi Lyn :)

A very warm welcome to BTG, so glad you found us :)

I had to have my ears sorted after my craniotomy because they were blocked with blood etc from my operation .  Not very nice at all for you as ear infections are very painful, so is sinus,

I have a ringing in my ears, but its not as loud as it used to be thank goodness. It did improve over time. In the early stages it is normal to get weird head feelings, it is your brain mending and settling back after a major trauma. It is still very early days for you in your recovery.

As you have found, there is a wealth of information on the forum, so please ask if you have any questions. Also feel free to join in the daily banter in The Green Room, we are a friendly bunch :)

Good luck for starting back to work in September. Just take it slowly and pace yourself,  particularly as yours is such a full on job.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Take care

Love Tina xx

• Like 4

Hello Lyn and welcome to BTG

Glad you have found the site helpful and thanks for sharing about your own SAH.

Almost six months on, no doubt your brain and body have been giving you messages about how far you can take things in your daily life routine.

Always take these messages on board and don`t try to force yourself back to what was your previous normal.

It`s good that you have had that time away from work. Have you discussed your return with your employers? Even though you might feel reasonably strong, it is wise to seriously consider phasing yourself back over a realistic timescale-even though you already are part time.. There is nothing more disheartening than having to ask for time off because you feel exhausted. These youngsters will stretch your strength both physically and mentally.

Keep in touch with your GP about your ear issues.

Wishing you a successful return to your work in September and continued recovery.

Subs

• Like 3

Thank you. Yes employers have said I can do phased return, so will probably do just mornings for a few weeks to see how I go. Like you say, what was previously normal is no longer! Its hard to admit that sometimes?

• Like 2

Hi Lyn,

You will get there and I had ringing in ears now I hardly notice it unless I get upset.

I cannot take others problems anymore which is a good thing as I was no good at giving advice lol.

Anyway Welcome to BTG and it is a good for offloading worries and just somewhere to give vent to how you feel.

Good luck on your Road to Recovery and you are not alone xxxxx

All the Best

WinB143 xx xx

• Like 3

Hi Lyn, welcome to the site, you will find a lot of helpful information here and you will make a lot of New friends along the way. 

Hope all goes well with your return to work. I like you have ringing in my ears, i was diagnosed with Tinnitus last year although they did say there was no connection to my bleed.Hope that improves for you soon.

Wishing you well with your recovery.

Love

Michelle  x

• Like 3

Thank you for your lovely comments. So good to hear from people on the same journey as me. I've been a bit tearful today, sometimes everything seems to get too much & my energy is just zapped so quickly?

I don't notice the ringing in my ears much in the day, but as soon as I go to bed it's like I've been out clubbing all night...i wish!

• Like 4

Welcome Lyn,

you will like most of us have a bit of an emotional roller coaster, so don't be hard on yourself as everyone has said early days.  I don't get a ringing but prior to my SAH ( which was an aneurysm bleed) I had this strange kind of ticking which was at same pace as my heart beat.  It went after coiling but now and then at night I still hear it and also swooshing noise.  Not sure if related!

i do hope your phased return goes well and look forward to hearing how you get on.  All members are happy to support so don't be afraid to ask, everyone has been a great resource and also bring a sense of humour which does help x

Sharon

• Like 4

Lyn,

When you feel less tired come in the green room and it is the room we can have a chinwag or a moan or a song !! lol  Wow Lyn says lol

Just keep a smile near you and it will get better quick.

Hard at moment but we will all get there and as you say it is good to know there are others like us xx

Keep Well (yesterday was a down day for me)

Win Singer of songs lol xxxxxx Keep smiling and sing happy songs xxxx

• Like 2

thank you, I will join you soon! I'm usually so positive & happy, but sometimes its just overwhelming. Hubby asked if I was okay & I just burst into tears! I've got Doc app today to check my sore/ringing ears. See what he says....

• Like 2

Thank you? and the sun is shining! I've got another infection, got antibiotic ear drops. She said hopefully the ringing is worse due to infection & will improve. Hey ho, onwards & upwards.

See you are Hey ho ing so things will look up xx

Nothing worse than pain ie earache toothache and in my case backache  lol

Keep ear warm and ask ..who was it who had earache recently? ..own up if you had earache as Lyn is in pain xxx

Be Well

Win xx xx

• Like 1