Feeling weak & almost like passing out

Hi,

Hope everyone is well. Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this. We went into Boston on Saturday with our grandchildren. We did a lot more walking than Jim has been doing and also took the train instead of taking the car. I think Jim over did it and when we were coming home he got very weak and he said he felt like he was going to go down.

It also had happened once before when in was in a store.

As always, thanks for your responses.

Cal

XXXXX

Hi Cal

I occasionally feel like that 22 months on. Not very often, but when I do, it usually hits me suddenly and I just have to sit down. It is usually accompanied with feeling dizzy. As it is infrequent, it's quite frightening when it happens. I also have to lie down and rest or sleep when I get home and it usually passes within a few hours. My doc says it is related to SAH, but he can't be more specific.

Regards

Keith

I know i am only 2 1/2 months in but i do experience it from time to time and it really scares me i find sitting down and just resting helps because i get so worked up and think i cant walk any further....

Alot of it is confidence with me i think i am going to buy one of those sticks with chairs so if i want to sit down i can where ever i am and being 28 that will make people stare but i dont care my health is more important than what others think :lol:

I get different feeling of dizzy and faint but take a few deep breaths and relax myself it is alot worse when i am around people and feel over powered....

Hi there that happened to me quite recently in barclays bank I had to get out i was hot dizzy and panicking but the following week i went back in and i was fine i had to do it cause if i hadn't i probably would of never gone in again that would of been awkward seeing as it is my bank :lol: I am sure he will be fine has time goes on it will get better. Jess.xxx

Hi Cal

Like others I get it as soon as I get overtired, especially when I have walked too far. Getting a bit better but had it a number of times the past few days as I have been overdoing it. Regards to Jim

Ann

Hi

Get that feeling frequently and I'm 2 1/2 years from my aneurysm. If I walk too far or do too much gardening or any physical activity I can feel dizzy and very tired. My only cure is sit or lie down and more often than not go to sleep so its nothing unusual and my neurologist is never surprised when I tell him so you are not on your own. My motto is "Do as your body tells you".

Cheers

John

Hi Cal

Me too. I guess we all get dizzy etc if we overdo things.

You just have to take immediate action and sit or lie down or lean against a wall otherwise personally I get a tightness in the chest and feel nauseous (can't spell this morning sorry) and then start to feel faint.

Like John etc say: listen to your body its trying to tell you something: its cream crackered and wants you to STOP RIGHT NOW.

Big hug

Lesley xxx

Hi Cal

I've experienced what Jim is feeling. I think it's to do with overdoing it. I just have to stop and have a cup of tea and put feet up or whatever or have a lie-down if I can. I'm 7 months post SAH but I'm hoping it will be less frequent in time.

Best wishes to Jim

Anne x

Me too, when I've overdone things and too much visual stimulus etc ..... nothing awful has happened though (yet!) and I often wonder whether it's a combination of over exertion and may be over stimulation for the brain.....but then again, I also have sight problems, so perhaps I just go into overdrive :) .... Cal, does Jim use anything to aid his walking?

Karen,

No Jim does not use anything to aid his walking. He does fine most of the time. I think it just happens when he overdoes things. He has started to listen to his body more. He just misses some of the things he use to be able to do so easily and gets frustrated when he cannot do them as easily.

Cal

XXXX

Hi Cal

I am the same as Karen, and agree with the others, it is when you over do things, it is your body telling you to stop! I can really relate to the frustration part of not doing what you used to, but it will get better, slowly but surely. All the best to you and Jim.

Take care

Love Tinaxx

Cal, I know how Jim feels with the frustration ..... he's still pretty early on with his recovery and hopefully he will find that with time, this type of thing will improve ..... My stamina is much better now than it has been, even when I look back to how I was 6 months ago ...so I'm still seeing improvement, but it's all been slow .... If I have a busy week, then I normally pay for it with the fatigue, weakness and dizzy spells, but at least at my stage of recovery, I recognise the signs and it's not as scary as it used to be. Take care xx