New member - old SAH

Hi everyone :)

What a brilliant site and forum. I had my SAH in February 1997 and wish this had been around then. Unfortunately, there wasn't much support around at that time and I felt quite isolated with the whole thing. It must be reassuring for you all to have this community to turn to.

Although I made a very good recovery I still have problems with short term memory and concentration. I'd be interested to know if there is anyone else on these boards who had their SAH a long time ago and still has problems.

Nice to find such a friendly site.

Hey Jill

I'm just about two years in and still have probs with concentration, although my memory is improving - I still rarely remember dreams - whereas I used to remember them every night.

There was no help at all for me two years ago - that's why I went searching on the internet and I count my lucky stars that I found this place - Karen (who runs it) and the others are fabulous and I've met some wonderful friends on here.

We're neighnours too - Like Donna I'm from Nottingham.

Look forward to speaking more to you.

Love Sami xxx

Hi Jill

Warm welcome to the site, I had mine in November 1999.....

I would have gained a lot in the begining from something like this but there wasnt a lot out there was there,

hope to hear from you again soon

Take care

Louise.x

Hi Jill, a warm welcome to you :D mine was only 8 months ago , so early days for me, but there still is nothing out there when you leave hospital, a friend told me about this web site....it has been a true Godsend to me. :D I still suffer from short term memory and concentration makes me very tired.

Take care

Love Tinaxx

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all your warm welcome messages. What a nice bunch :wink: Thanks for telling me about the support group in Nottingham. Unfortunately, I work on a Thursday evening but if I have a night off I'll go along. It's just great to have found this site as, after all these years, I still have unanswered questions!

I do hope that I will also be able to offer support to others on the board.

Best wishes,

Jill xx

Hi Jill,

I had my SAH Oct of 05 and like others, still have short term memory, concentration and some fatigue issues. BUT.... I feel really great generally and very fortunate. Now I just have an excuse when I'm loopy! :)

Love to all my old friends here. I was the second one online on this forum after Karen, and I haven't posted in sooo long. I think of you from time to time and always send positive energies and love your way.

Annie

Hi Annie

Great to hear from you, it's been an age! We had a meet a couple of weeks ago - Laura, Sami, Janet and I met (the first time for some of us) and we were saying we'd not heard from you for ages. You sound like you're keeping well which is fantastic.

Take care

Sarah x :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jill,

Apologies for the late welcome to BTG, i've been away and i'm still catching up on posts!! I'm only 19 months on but still then found it difficult to find information! THis website has been the absolute godsend that i needed and has provided with with so many friends and so much support :D It makes each day a bit more bearable!

Annie- I was at the north west meet, when Sami (Skippy) and Sarah (Sasbo) were talking about you. I haven't 'spoken' to you before i don't think so a big hello

Love

Laura