Still tires very easy

Hi,

Hope everyone is well. Jim still gets very tired and needs to sleep at least 2 to 3 hours each day. He is back to work for 4 hours each day. He suffered his SAH on December 1, 2007. He was wondering if anyone else still requires that much rest after almost a year.

His GP thought it seemed like he should be better by now but my feeling is everyone is different. His GP made an appointment for Jim to have an MRI (which I was very thankful for since this is the first follow up since his discharge) and he will be seeing a neurologist November 14th. Jim's legs also still get very tired easily.

As always, thanks for your responses and support. Jim has come a long way since last year and the help and information that you have given us has been so helpful. :wink:

Cal

XXXXX

Hi Cal

I only work 5 hours a day and still get very tired although I try not to sleep during the day if I can. My legs also get very heavy if I get overtired and I'm nearly 2 years post SAH. So glad his G.P has arranged a further scan and an appointment with the Neuro hopefully they'll be able to answer more of your questions. Love to you both.

Janet x

Hi CAl,

Yes, I still get very tired too, I do not sleep during the day but still have to rest at regular intervals and if I have been busy I just flake out and am good for nothing at all, sometimes that can last for a few days if I have been really busy. Similar reaction from my GP and I am on a similar time frame to Jim as I had my SAH in January 2008,I also have been referred back to neuro on November 13th but don't suppose it will acheive much. Seems it is normal according to everyone on here who really knows the score but does not appear normal from medics perspective who feel we should be mended by now. I know whose opinion I would value most!

Ann

Hi Cal,

Well, I'm just over 3 years on and don't need to nap during the day ..... sometimes I have to take a "quiet break" for 15 mins and re-charge my batteries, depends how busy I am, but that's about all. Still get tired early evening though, but it's better than it was when I was at the 2 year point.

Jim is still early days into recovery ..... I still think that it takes a lot of people a good couple of years to get back on track and even then, the tiredness/fatigue still tends to feature, which I believe is common after a SAH. It certainly does improve though.

Hi Cal :D I am at nearly 11 months and still get very tired. I do not sleep during the day, just rest up...never have been able to sleep during the day!.....am not back to work yet, but hope fully soon.

Take care Love Tina xx

Thank you all so much for your responses. Jim feels better knowing this is normal. I have printed out many of the questions and repsonses from this great site and will be taking them with us to his appointment in November. We are also sending copies to his GP who thinks Jim should be so much better at this point in time. This will let them know that the people who have experienced the SAH are the ones who know best. :)

Have a great day!

Love,

Cal

XXXX

Guest ElaineW

I can relate to tiredness with my mum six months on. Some days she has only been up an hour or so and she says she feels so tired and weary. In bed just after 8.00 p.m. every night and sleeps at least 12 hours.

Elaine

I had mine in July 2004 and even after I went back to work full time I still got that tiredness for the best part of two years, but hasn't been nearly so bad this last 2 years and much better in the last year although I can't burn the candle at both ends any more, but neither do I want to! I find exercise has helped enormously. I still get overwhelmed and stressed if people try to put too much onto me and still need a quiet time at the end of the day. Best to go with the feeling rather than listening to anyone who says what you "should" feel. Take care Lauren x