4 year anniversary

weedrea

4 years today I had my bleed. Where does the time go? Been feeling pensive and a little anxious about it. I'm off to Glasgow on Monday for my 4 year check up scan. The last one I had was 2 years ago so having another scan suddenly brings the memories all back.

Also, when I had my 1 year scan, I went with my mum. At that stage she had already had terminal cancer for 18 months. Those few days in Glasgow were probably the last quality time I spent with her as she was just overwhelmed by cancer during her last 6 months. So many mixed emotions about it all. 

Thanks guys for all the support. 

Andrea

Hi there Andrea sorry about your mum but glad you got to spend some quality time with her xxx

Good luck with your scan hope it all goes well and you get the results you want xxx

Happy Anni-versary Andrea, always mixed emotions when that day comes around each year. 

Hope your scan goes well next week, must a a bit of a trip for you! I’m sure your mum will be with you in your heart. 

Clare xx

Happy Anni-versary Andrea, hope you can have a nice day without to much anxiety.

Hope your scan goes well tomorrow and your mum will be with you every step of the way locked in your heart always.

Love & Hugs

Michelle xx 

2 hours ago, ClareM said:

Hope your scan goes well next week, must a a bit of a trip for you!

Thanks all for your kind words. I used to have to fly to Glasgow or Inverness 3 or 4 times a month with work before my bleed. Now I'm not quite so relaxed about traveling but still have to do it at least one a month. So as well as my scan, I get to distract myself with work meetings... Lucky me!

I'll also hopefully get to finish my book on Edwyn Collins' recovery. It's been a tough, but inspiring read. I watched a programme last week on The Proclaimers (if you like them I'd thoroughly recommend it on iPlayer). Edwyn had been the producer on one of their albums. It was just so lovely to see him on the screen remembering, talking and laughing.

Hi Andrea and also well done 4 years after your SAH. Hope all goes well with your follow-up scan next week.

Always great to read your posts throughout the year. Thanks for your valued input to BTG.

Take care and best wishes as you continue living and working post SAH.

Subs

The question of what you do
What you see
Are integral to this life
In my point of view

-Edwyn Collins, Carry on , Carry On 

Hey Andrea, 

Hope the flight and the scan went well. I understand the missing mum bit as had my bi annual scan this year and first time for me without mum to check up on me, come along and just, well, just Be mum..but I could feel her strength with me when I was in the scanner if that makes sense, I had felt it before when at my worst and know you can always feel love that strong. Your lovely mum was no doubt watching over you. 

Four years is a big deal I think. Things shift a little, you have more knowledge of this version and how limits and changes are with you and things slow a little in terms of healing, but equally still lots of possibility and healing there to come. In the words of EC, ‘carry on, carry on’ 

Daff x

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Andrea,

Well done on getting to this milestone!

All we can all do is carry on, but we have to adapt.  Change happens - all we can do is help you adapt to deal with it in the best way you can.

The way I'd look at it about your Mum is that she was there and helped get you on the right road to recovery, even though she was battling her own issues.  What a lady!!  And you were privileged enough to have her as your Mum! 

What better legacy can there be than that?  Your battle probably inspired her to go on for as long as she could - that's what I call an inspirational lady.  You? Well you're a chip off the old block!

Carry on and enjoy your life as best you can, as your Mum would have wanted.  Have a tear now and again but just remember it was your Mum that made it all possible and on those occasions, raise a glass and say 'Thanks Mum.'

Here's to year 5 Andrea. May it be a good one for you.

Macca

Archived