Introducing myself - Linda B

Guest lindab

Guest lindab

Hi, my name is Linda I am a 39 year old mother of one.

After suffering a SAH on March the 6th and finally being treated for the condition on Thursday the 12th March, undergoing surgery on the 13th, of all days, I am now recovering at home.

I needed four hours of brain surgery to clip the aneurysm.

I am making really good progress although I have have been having more bad days than good.

I now have to wait 7 weeks before I go back to Neuro Ward then maybe another 2 weeks as I need to have a skull plate fitted, has anyone any information on this proceedure as I m worrying myself sick after already having the 1st four hour operation and now having to go back for another.

Any information on the plate operation would be very welcome.

What a scary time, good for the weight loss though thats the only thing !

I would also encourage anyone going through a similar expreience to contact me as I am keen to put my mind at rest at the same time helping others through this difficult time.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Linda

Welcome to BTG. I was also clipped but didn't need to have a skull plate fitted so can't help you with that. If any of our members have had something similar I'm sure they will respond to you.

The first few months are the worst but it will slowly get better just remember to listen to your body and get plenty of rest. You're right about the initial weight loss but sadly it does go back on and more. Think a lot of us ladies now have problems trying to lose it.

Look forward to hearing more from you and try not to worry to much the Neurosurgeons do know what they are doing. Take care of yourself.

Janet x

Hi Linda :D A very warm welcome to you.......i was clipped like you.... i have a clip at the stem of my brain and have a metal plate in the side of my head and cheek bone.....this was done during surgery. I had to wait nearly two weeks for my brain swelling to go down before they could operate. Mine was 7 hours.

As Janet has said try not to worry....you are in safe hands......easy to say i know!

Take care and rest up as much as you can.......keep in touch.

Love Tina xx

Hi Linda

Welcome to BTG, I had mine coiled so I can't help you there but I am sure you are in safe hands.

As Janet has already mentioned, you need to listen to your body and get plenty of rest.

If you have any more questions feel free to post them and I am sure either myself or the other members will be able to help.

Look forward hearing from you some more.

Myra xx

Hi Linda,

You can relax now that you've found BTG: this lot are great! Only joined a wee while ago myself and immediately felt better, thanks to everyone being so understanding, so I'm sure you will feel happier soon too. :)

Sounds like you're over the biggest hurdle already then! I had my anuerysm clipped not long before you. I've not had a plate fitted myself, so can't advise on what to expect. I would recommend talking frankly with your Neurosurgeon; he/she will be quite able to put your mind at ease about it all. My N/S was really good and told me everything in gory detail before my op which in fact made me feel a whole lot better and much less scared. Things are more frightening when they're wrapped in mystery!

Hope you feel much better very soon, although that certainly isn't an invitation to push yourself hard! Take things at your own pace, always. :)

Hey Linda

Welcome to the site and to the family. I was coiled too so can't help with your question, but please rest assured that you're in safe hands and have found the best place for support on here. Feel free to ask any questions you like about anything you want - there's usually someone who can answer or help.

Look forward to getting to know you

Take care

Love Sami x

Hi Linda,

Welcome to the family of BTG'ers :D These lot are fab and will give you loads of advice and support :D

It is hard but try not to worry, you are in good hands.

I too was coiled so can't help with your question on the metal plate

Any questions, shout, someone can usually help!

Love and hugs

Laura

xx

Guest lindab

Hi All,

Great to know I am not alone !

I have had a much better today, went out with the family, spent some of my money for a change !! It didn't take long did it ?!?!?

I look forward to speaking with you all very soon and keeping in touch as this means a lot to me, I will more than likely be on line during the working day when my hubby is out at work and daughter at school.

Looking forward it .... :)

X

Hello Linda and welcome :) I'm afraid I'm not much good to you either as I was coiled and only managed hydrocephalus not anything else so no plate, just a drain, so that my brain doesn't drown :wink: I bet there will be help around for you, our Tina for starters, I think that Neil advice is spot on, if you don't feel that you want allthe gory details, have a word with a Staff Nurse, Sister etc ( I'm old fashioned and can't call them Ward Managers and the like ( I was a manager, but could not manage a ward if you paid me huge sums even! :wink: One thing is for sure we will all be rooting for you and no-one will ever say don't be daft, that's for sure :)

HI LINDA AND WELCOME TO BTG. I WISH I COULD HELP EASE YOUR MIND BUT I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH PLATINUM PLATE. I DO HOPE YOU FIND THIS SITE AS WONDERFUL AS I HAVE, GREAT PEOPLE AND VERY WARM AND CARING. THEY ALL HAVE HELPPED PUT MY MIND TO REST MANY TIMES.

TAKE CARE EVELYN

Hi Linda,

I myself have a Coil, so I can't help you in your original question, but what I can do...is say as all the others have already.......In find this site, you're not alone, and whatever question that you have...consider it shared. We all help each other one way or another on here.

Megga hugs to you, and look forward to reading how you are progressing.

Take care,

B x x x

Hello Linda and welcome to this site :)

I am another who was coiled, so no knowledge of plates, I hope all goes well for you, they are very good the docs who do these ops, so you will be in capable hands I am sure.

Take care of yourself

Vivien x

Guest lindab

Thankyou for your reply, my recovery is really good I am just worrying about going back for the plate fitting. Even though everyone including the surgeon has said it will be fine. I am just a born worrier and with all this time on my hands it does not help. Linda x

Guest lindab

Hi and thanks for your reply, I actually feel ok at the moment, its just the thought of having to go back for Plate surgery even though the surgeon has said it will be fine. I have all this time on my hands to worry which is what I am doing. Never thought I would say that I miss going to work and doing all the routine jobs you do when running a home and family.

Linda

x

Hi Linda,

You're bound to be worried ..... all of us would be .....

I don't think that many of us have had a plate fitted ..... but think that I can remember the odd person or two having one... but can't think who it was, so forgive me.

We may not know what you're going through, but we're here to support you, so keep posting with any worries or fears that you have .... we're all here for you.....even if you just need to sound off...

You could try posting on the Different Strokes website http://diffstrokes.webfactional.com/ds_ ... nt-strokes they also have a telephone/email helpline.

The Brain and Spine Foundation is another very good site and they have Neuro Science Nurses that should be able to help with medical issues. http://brainandspine.org.uk/

You could also try Headway ... http://www.headway.org.uk/

Wishing you the very best Linda...xx

Hi Linda

Though I was not clipped and only coiled I did have that awful wait for 12 weeks for the second op and as I was back at work (never realised how much work meant to me till I had the SAH!) that helped pass the time but it was hard to fill in the time not worrying. I was able to go swimming which helped me and had to stay quiet to keep on top of things - I couldn't really talk about it to anyone - but you can share your fears here and see if you can find things which might help take your mind off it which you feel up to and try not to stretch yourself beyond what you feel like doing. Don't try to push yourself just now. Hope you managed to get hold of BSF.

Best wishes

Lauren