Cold Weather

Hi All

Not been on for a while, hope you are all well! Just wondered if anyone else is bothered by this cold weather, my joints especially fingers seem to be affected, legs and feet still numb and tingly also made worse by the weather! never mind will have to have to put another pair of socks on and dance! :wink:

Caroline

Hi Caroline

Yes the extreme cold is playing havoc with my head/eye and face been that bad haven't been well enough to work. I also have oesteo-arthritis in both hips so feeling a bit stiff in most joints as well.

Hope apart from the bone aches alls fine with you.

I am busy debating with myself, if it is the cold weather or me! Yes, I really do feel ropey and far from my usual recovering self. I'm honestly not sure what it is but the athritic parts of me ( most of my parts;-)) certainly do not like the cold.I am gradually trying to find out what is going on and I'm sure you will all understand if i say I hope it is the weather as at least I can be fairly sure that will improve.

I don't seem to be able to cope with the cold at all, it is not something we get much of here in NI, we are considered to be one of the milder parts of the UK. Not at the moment though, as I write the temperature is -8 and going down! That is almost unheard of here, everything seems to be ice, including my brain:roll:

Hi Caroline :) good to hear from you :) yes me too.....the cold weather makes my head/eye and face worse like Janet.....have been taking medication constantly which i hate....take care xxx

Janet...not surprised you are not at work....hope you are ok xx

Perry ...hope you thaw out ;) take care xx

I woke with the worst headache I have had in months, I even felt a bit sick. The temperature here yesterday at 2pm was -8. I've not being going out because we are snowed in, only the main road is clear but you can't get to it! I was popping in and out yesterday when my sons were clearing our path and the pavement and I think this is what caused the headache. It was -19 last night, we now have very long icicles hanging down from the roof. The town looks absolutley stunning. I wont be going out until the weather improves a little! Most businesses are closed. The health centres and the hospital have cancelled all apointments are ony seeing emergencies!

Liz

Hi All

I have had the return of headaches (not as bad as SAH). I also suffer with arthritis and sciatica which is worse. As we were snowed in I used a taxi yesterday got my leg trapped in front seat and when I pulled it out this aggravated my sciatica so I was a real sight hobbling home. It would appear that the cold doesn't agree with us. Still we've got the summer to look forward to ha ha ha.

Cheers

John

Hi Diane

I first try soluable paracetamol, works quicker. But I'll then try codeine. But if it's very severe, I take dihydrocodeine 30mg, although I get very sleepy with this, so it has to be unbearable. Although I'm now at the stage when I kind of know what type of headache I'm going to get. If your husband's not getting relief from over the counter tabs then he should say to his doctor and get a prescription. My last prescription for dihydrocodeine was written on 6 October for 30 tabs and I've only used 5 but it's handy to have them in the medicine cupboard.

Liz xx

Hey there

I only take paracetamol and nurofen - don't take any other meds before seeing your GP. Codeine and Tramadol are opium based pain killers and can actually cause headaches - ironically!! Always consult your GP before taking any other meds than usual - it may clash with what you already take.

Good advice Sami.....:-D

Codeine based tabs are something that can become addictive and should only be taken in the short term, so you need to seek medical advice from a GP.

As far as I can remember, I only took Codeine on a regular basis up to a max of 3 months post SAH and then I was told, that I would have to come off them.

"One Size" doesn't suit all and when it comes to regular pain relief, then a GP really needs to be consulted. xx

i know the weather has lots to do with it and it is only been 2 months since his SAH. His CT in dec was normal but they sent him to the wrong clinic for a follow up appointment. to try and get hold of his consultants secretary to arrange another appointment is near impossible. Mark is getting bored and wants to know how much he can do with regards to exercise.

Hi

Karen i went back to my gp about the codeine and my neurologist.

I told them both that i didnt think they where working anymore..my gp said go back upto full dose 2 x 4 a day with para. Mr neurologist gave me amitryptaline for pain and to help me sleep so now on both!!!!.

Michelle x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

The is pretty severe in in Vermont, and I have a hard time warming up. My head suffers more than anything else. Just the dull veil of achy, crummy feelings. But, pushing through and layering up has allowed me to take my boys skiing regardless!:wink: I am still, however, a spring hopeful.

Best,

Noah