SAH - Luisa

LUISA

Hello to all

Firstly apologies for any typing mistakes or simply wrong spelling. I lived in the uk more than 30 years ago and my english is rather rusty at this take

I had a my sha back in september 2009 but still trying to recover. I coped with awful headache pains for 15 days, original diagnosis in hospital was stiff neck but after 2 weeks of treatment and when I started seeing double through my right eye and couldnt open it doctors looked a bit more thoroughly and changed their diagnosis. in fact I went into hospital on the 3rd and coiling on the 5th. 6 days in ICU anad 6 more in normal room and sent home.

After nearly 6 months a lot of things have gradually improved. I can now open my eye and looking in front i no longer see double. Cant look upwards or downwards and vision is rather blur but at least I can see.

Depresion is the worst to cope with. Have to draf myself out of bed eventhouh being medicated.

Well enough for the 1st message, I would very much appreciate any comments on the possible recovery of my eye from any of you would have suffered the same 2nd effects

Hello Luisa

Firstly, your English does not appear rusty at all, in fact it is very good!

Like so many of us on here, you were late being diagnosed which seems to happen all too often. Unfortunately it can and does take quite some time to recover from all this and can be frustrating at times, so don’t be too hard on yourself. Most of us do not appear to have been given much information regarding recovery, or had much indication as to what to expect when leaving hospital, so it becomes difficult when we are not recovering as quickly as we would wish.

I suffered from depression long before my sah and was on medication. Although it took many months for it to lift, it did eventually so I hope it will for you too. I can’t help you with the problem with your eye having not suffered from this myself, but I am sure someone on this site will be able to give you some advice on this.

Best wishes,

Sarah

Hi Luisa

Warm welcome to the site.

My eyes were damaged with the SAH it was optic neirve damage, still there but through time this has got better, everything just take time to heal and that can be depressing but if you think of one thing thats maybe just a bit better this month than last month, then thats good I always think....

take care and hope to hear more from you.

Welcome

I had so much blurring in one eye I was almost blind. It was caused by debris left after the blood that had forced its way down my optic nerve had cleared. I had an operation to clear it away and my sight is now alright.

I am not saying that this is the case with you but the possibility needs investigating.

Hi Luisa

Welcome to the site and hopefully you will find it really helpful during your recovery.

I was a little like yourself and in my local hospital for nearly a week before SAH was diagnosed and transferred and treated at the Neuro Hospital.

I had a "Third Nerve Palsy" in my left eye caused by the Anuerysm and lost the sight completely in that eye for a number of weeks. When my eye fully opened the vision was double and blurred for a few weeks but fortunately it has corrected itself. The only problem I'm left with is my peripheral vision is not quite what it was.

Look forward to hearing more from you and take care at your stage of recovery you still need plenty of rest.

Hi and welcome, slow diagnoses seems to be quite common, my wifes sah happened very quickly and she was taken in as an emergency and i sometimes think she was lucky that it happened how it did, she had minor problems with her eyes but different from your so sorry can't help you there, and again i think i'm right in saying depression and anxiety are quite common, It is still quite early days for you, and you seem to be doing well just to be on here posting Good luck with your recovery Rod

Hey Luisa

Welcome to the site and to the family.

Sorry can't help on the eye problem, but did get the depression - its part of post traumatice stress disorder and is perfectly natural after an SAH. If you can get some counselling it would be a tremendous help - as will this website. This place is the best for realising that you're not alone and that it's Ok to feel the way you do.

Hope to speak to you more - and don't worry - your English is more than fine.

Take care

Thks to all for the quick response, it really does help a lot¡¡

It took me some time to find this link but now be sure I will do a lot of talking even if my english may be a bit rusty¡¡

Been to the psycho almost every week during the last 2 months, not getting worse with depresion but not getting better either¡¡ Find lost interest in life, not feeling in the mood for anything. Its like if I was empty inside and also lost confidence. 1st control beg march and perhaps fit for work but will I be a able to cope? Will I still want to keep fighting?

Right now a drop of water seems to be like an ocean??

Have any of you felt like this?

Hi Luisa

Very much so hun. There are days when I think "I've had enough - I'm fed up with everything" and there are days when I'm happy and glad to be here. There are a lot of ups and downs and in the early stages of recovery more so.

We're here for you Luisa, so please don't feel alone.

Buenos Dias Luisa

That is as far as my spanish extends... and your english is fabulous - it makes me feel very lazy that I have not learnt to speak and write another language fluently!

Welcome to the site!

I have not had any specific sight problems following my SAH, although I have been using my glasses a lot more than I used to...for reading, and sometimes when watching tv.

I only had a slight prescription and my glasses were for pc use and reading. I will get my eyes tested again soon.

I do hope your sight continues to improve, and you are able to get some counselling to help with your depression - I have found counselling really helpful in just two hour-long sessions so far.

Take care

Kelley x