Hello everyone - Rhiann SAH 15th JUne 2010

RB-R

Hello everyone i'm 34 year old who has four children ( 11,10, 6, 5 ) , we all moved to Australia FROM THE uk IN jAN 2010.It was all going well untill June 15th when i came home from work and had just put tea on the table for the kids when i felt i pain rip through my head.I made to my bedroom where i lay on the bed by then i had lost my speech and had no control of my motor skills.I tryed to get off the bed to get help but i could'nt move my legs. My husband was not due home for a couple of hours. My eldest came in to see where i had gone and could see straight away somthing was wrong.About half a hour later my husband came home early where he took one look at me and new somthing was wrong.

About hour from the 1st pain i was in ED where the dr told my husand it was prob just a headache and said he could go hoe to the kids while i waited for a CT scan . Well when i came out of the scan he had changed his mind and told me that i had to be blue lighted to another hosptial as i had had a bleed on the brain and that the swelling was very bad. My husband was called and then i was moved to another hosptial to ICU where i stayed for about 4days had a anigram which was clear, then i was moved to the ward where a week later i had another anigram which was clear. After a 10day stay i was sent home. But five days later my husband rushed me back in as i awoke in the night with my heart racing and breathless. They found out that i had a PE (blood clot on the lung) . I was then sent home two days later.

My recovery is slow, i suffer with tirdness everyday, headaches feeling sick. i have numbness in my face when my headaches are bad.Im in bed most days by four. I feel like ill never get better, but know from reading your posts i need to take more time. Its great to find people who understand. thanks for reading x :-P

Hi Rhiann

Welcome to BTG I'm sure you'll find all the help and support you need. The site is a great place for realising that you're not alone so any questions you have feel free to ask. As Jess said the first few months can be hard but it does get better, just listen to your body and try to rest as much as you can which must be quite difficult was 4 young children. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Rhian and welcome to the site, i think everyone recovery rate is different and the problems are different for everyone, the feelings of sickness the doc maybe able to give you something for that and the tiredness is something i think everyone feels for some it last along while but for most i think it gets better as time goes by, you sound as though you are doing wellif you have any problems talk to your doc otherwise lots of rest lots of fluids and i'm sure you will get there in the end Good luck Rod

Hi Rhiann

Welcome, you had your bleed jst before mine 28th june 2010. Im at the same stage as you with the tiredness and headaches, and trying to look after children. I have found it hard with 2 kids it must be hard with 4.

Just try and relax as much as possible as it really helps. I have found that out the hard way, I used to try and sort children out and then do all the things i used to do while they were at school. But that has made me very ill, ended back i hospital. So now when kids at school, i do one job a day and then rest until they come home. It seems to be working. I know its frustrating not being able to do everything like before but at least we are here and hopefully it will get better.

Hopefully speak to you soon

Tract S xxx

Hi, you will find this site a huge help. You had your bleed about a month earlier than I had mine and we all go through the same things. Things are getting easier for me because I have learnt only to do what I feel capable of doing although I do not have children to look after, mine are 17 and 22. Try to relax as often as possible and rest when you need to.

Thanks everyone, been to the doc's today where he has sent some more blood test off and given me some anti sickness tablets, so hopefully that will work. Nice to hear off people from back home, im missing Wales at the moment , but at the same time love it here in Perth AU, the kids love it here. It seems at the moment im having a couple of good weeks where i get things Done and feel ok and then i go down like a ton of bricks and end up in bed for a week. Anyway thanks for the warm welcome and G'day from down under :-D

Hi, Welcome to you. Time seem's to be a great healer and taking each day at a time.

My youngest Son lives in Sydney, he loves it, he's been there for about two years. I speak and see him each Sunday. He was showing me the view from his apartment window, as he has just moved to another floor, in the same block. I could see the Sydney harbour bridge, and all the lovely sunshine.

He is travelling to Perth for his Xmas hols, as he has not been that way.

Be positive and I am sure your recovery will take place in leaps and bounds.

Take care.

Love Sonia xxxx

Hi Rhiann :) a very warm welcome to BTG. As the others have said....take it easy...on the good days pace yourself dont zoom around :-D we have all been there and done it :biggrin: easy to say with 4 kids....take care and look forward to hearing more from you. Love Tina xx

Hi Rhiann,

Welcome to BTG.

You are really early in your recovery. But you are clearly doing very well.

If you have any questions or just fancy a natter, this is the ideal place to come. you will find people here who know exactly what you mean without you having to explain.

Take care,

Ern

• 2 weeks later...

hi rhiann,

i had my sah on 6th june. i, like urself am tired a lot. i find im very aggitated with people, because i forget things all the time. i cant multitask anymore either! just been back to neurosurgeon after my first scan, last week. he is extremely pleased with my progress, so im happy with that. hopefully you will be feeling the same soon! we are going to canary islands this week, im a bit anxious about flying, but hopefully, my headaches will be fine. keep ur chin up and i hope you start to have better times!!! xxx

Thanks for your support. I ve had a few good days . Hope you enjoy yr holiday and your headaches aint that bad when you are away. I feel when i get tired i cant cope with alot going on and i have to retreat to a quiet place.

Do you see your neuro team again as over here ive been signed off and left to my GP, who has never had somone with a SAH . HAve a great holiday and hope to hear soon how great it was .

take care Rhiann xx

Hi Rhiann, I had my SAH on 14th June and was coiled on the 15th, so we are at the same stage in our recovery. Don't know how you have coped with 4 children - you deserve a medal. I have 4 grandsons aged 8 months to 12 years and love seeing them but do get stressed after a while and look forward to the peace and quiet again. Like you, I find the tiredness is really hard to cope with but I am managing to do a little more each week. At first I went all out on good days and then had a few days when I felt really bad. Fortunately, reading this site helped me to realise that it was normal and I've worried less but it's still depressed me. I've got an app. tomorrow with my surgeon (the 1st follow up) - it wasn't supposed to be till Feb but they have brought it forward so I'm a bit anxious as to why but keep telling myself that it's best to get it over with. I think the first thing they should teach us after an anni is patience, cause we sure need a lot haha. Take care and rest loads. jan x

Hiya Jan, txs for the message.

I too go hell for leather on good days then i feel really bad for days on end , then i stress that i am ill again!!:crazy: So still have not learnt to pace myself, but when you have young kids and you have always done everything its hard to slow down. When i feel good i just cant help myself even tho it still is only running at 50% its soooo much more then when i feel bad. I to suffer with my patience , i just want to be back to my old self, its taking a long time for me to realise this is a new me !! For two days now i've been very tired and got headaches, but i know it will pass but i just wont it to be over:frown:

I've been signed off from the neuro team now as i didnt have an anni. Im left in my GP care, who has never had a SAH patient before, but still he is very understanding and sayes we will beat this together.

Hope you get some answer to some question when you for your appt. Keep us updated , look forward to hearing off you.

Take care Rhiann xx