:redface:Hi everyone :o)

My name is Melissa, I am 26 years old, and about 8 months ago just after my 26th birthday I suffered a stroke which has left me with a four inch blood clot in my brain - I have been diagnosed with CVST or Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis. I am undergoing warfarin treatment for this. I also have Intracranial Hypertension, for which I am awaiting an operation to insert a shunt into my head and attach it to my stomach. I also have epilepsy which I have had since I was 13 - I suffer from JME or Janz Syndrome Epilepsy and I take medication for this. I have tried tirelessly to find a support group or network that I can fit into and talk to people going through similar things and I really hope this is the place that I can accomplish this. Hopefully we can help each other through our various experiences :o)

Take care everyone and thank you for letting me be a part of this community :o)

Hi Melissa and welcome! :-D

Gosh, 26 is so young .... I'm going to have to Google Janz Syndrome Epilepsy, as I have never heard of it.

There are some lovely guys on here and I'm sure that they will help to support you in any way that they can. I haven't got a shunt, but there are quite a few on here that have and it has helped to improve their situation.

Going to do some googling! xx

Hi Melissa and welcome to behind the gray

gosh you have alot to deal with. i look forward to hearing from you. i dont have a shunt either but as karen said there are plenty of people here who will be able to help you. Take care and rest plenty

Donna xxx

Hi Melissa,

I echo Karen's comments; gosh, 26 years old is very young. I am very sorry to learn that you have been through the mill.

I don't have a shunt either, but came very close to having one fitted. I am unsure what the future holds for me in that respect as I have 'dilated ventricles,' which is damage caused by the hydrocephalus after my SAH. There are people here who have shunts and I am sure that you will receive a lot of support from them.

It is very helpful to be part of a community where you can share experiences with others and it has helped me enormously.

I look forward to chatting with you again and receiving updates of your progress.

Lynne xx

Hi Melissa

Warm welcome to the site....

I have a shunt also a tube too which goes down into my tummy....(my brain drain:roll:)

Like the others 26 is so young for all this but you've found a good place here hope it helps...

Hi Melissa

I have had epilepsy since I was 14 and I had SAH in 2009...then in 2010 I had shunt fitted.

For me it was good as I was not with it as I had Hydrocephullus...(poo I cannot spell that word !!!!)

Now I can go shopping etc... eat chocs ..No Docs put me on diet darn it !!!!

Seriously though..Do whats right for you, as I can only speak for myself ....You will be fine so try not to worry

easily said than done !!!!!! Smile and sing it helps xxxxxx

Regards

WinB

Hi Melissa

Welcome to the site! Glad you found us, and I hope some of the members on here will be able to relate to issues you are having to deal with. I haven't had epilepsy or a shunt so am unable to relate (and like Karen I will have to do some googling!).

You are so young to be dealing with so much, but I hope you find some comfort speaking to others on this site and getting some much needed support.

Take care

Kel x

Hi Melissa! A warm welcome to you - so glad you found this site. I'm sure you will find lots of help and support from all the wonderful people here!

You've been through a lot, sweetie, and we're here to help you get through the coming days :)

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hugs,

Carolyn

Hi Melissa and welcome!! Yes, I hope you find the support you need here. There are such wonderful, warm people, people with and without shunts, with and without epilepsy... ! My friend's daughter had CSVT last year, she was about 17 I think - it was a tough ride but she's doing great now.

Come back and talk to us again :)