A reason to be thankful ....

I don't know if anyone has seen this article in the Daily Mail about 11 year old Megan White who suddenly collapsed and died of a brain haemorrhage, but it does make me feel truly thankful for being given yet another chance. It certainly makes you think.....and tomorrow, I will try harder ....xx

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2090637/Megan-White-11-collapses-dies-brain-haemorrhage-school.html

Hi Karen,

I didn't see it but am going to clink on your link now.....

Before I do, I'd like to say that my wee boy slumped to the floor on Friday night, clutching his head and sobbing with the pain, he was 'out of the game' for the rest of the night after it. His words were 'it was like someone hit me from behind with a bat'.....He was pale, shaking & very cold with a blown pupil.

I have taken him to the GP and been told he's fine now. That immense pain is not 'fine', I have done all I can to make people listen.....

I'm scared to read your link but thankful that I have been given the chance to do EVERYTHING I can to help my own child.....

Michelle xx

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the link.

It really does make you count your blessings, be grateful for the here and now.

Cherish every day with the ones you love.

After I'd read this story, with a few tears running down my face, I crept into Miss Cs bed for a snuggle cuddle that was much needed.

There really are many reasons to be thankful eh.

Take care,

SarahLou Xx

Have now read it Karen, how unbelievably sad.

What a beautiful little girl. I wonder if it was an annie or if she hit her head in some way? There doesn't seem to be an explanation in the write up but even with one, I'm sure her family & friends will never understand why it happened or be able to get over it. Heartbreaking xx

Hi Michelle,

I'm really sorry to hear about your wee boy and even though my children are adults now, I still worry about their headaches ...I would always say that if anybody is showing signs of a brain haem to go straight to A & E and cut out the GP... especially if there is medical history.

SarahLou, hope that you enjoyed that cuddle!

xx

Thank you Karen,

Even with his medical history (his brain op was a year ago 21st Jan) we still get told ' he's fine now' when we get to the doctor......He is absolutely NOT 'fine now' but the link you posted helps a little bit in that I know there is a major problem and I didn't lose him with no warning a year ago. I am grateful every day that he is still with me & that I have had the chance to do everything I can to keep him here.

Totally endorse your words to contact A & E in any similar situation

Michelle xx

That is indeed a terrible thing to have happened, so young, so much to offer. I know I said in another thread that everything happens for a reason, i do believe that but it's so hard to understand the reason one so young should lose her life.

I've no children but I know that when my mum died I would have willingly taken her place in that hospital bed, easy to say but I know I would, like a shot. How that young girls parents must be wishing it was them and not her, got to be one of the hardest things to bear, losing a child, I'm grateful that is one thing I will never have to face.

Michelle, I know how my wife worries about me and my head, always asks me "how's your head", I know she can't help it, sometimes I catch her out of the corner of my eye, staring at me, looking for signs, poor girl. So you must be beside yourself with worry for your boy when things like last Friday happen, Just follow your instincts, nobody knows him or cares about him more than you do.

Hi all.

We have all had some kind of life, all of us survivors. This poor girl had not much.

It's not fair and it's not right.

I don't know what else to say.

It puts all our problems into perspective.

We are still here, she is not.

Very humbling, and just be grateful for what you have had, and whatever problems you have to defeat in the future.

Lost potential, is the greatest loss.

Very sad.

Bill B.