Positive signs and happenings

I was so excited today as I had my first cello lesson post SAH. It went really well and I got some positive feed-back. My teacher knows what happened to me and is a fellow orchestra member so I already knew him really well. I realized that I am so scared and cautious about everything. My goal for cello is to be back in orchestra by the fall season. My teacher said that he thought it was very doable. Wow, I felt so bad about cello before the feedback. I can't wait to get on with all the practicing! Learning the second time around is way different, but interesting.

What have you noticed today that's positive?

~Kris

I love this idea!

I've got lots to post today!

I remembered I need a break when I get home so I'm laying on the couch now. :-D

Supper was pre-made so is in the oven warming. :-D

I knocked something off my list of 'things to do before I go' at work today. :-D

Slept really well last night. :-D

I see the psychologist tomorrow. :-D

Made a doctors appt for next week. :-D

Had lunch with a friend. :-D

Tomorrow is rest day. :-D

Sandi K. Xoxooxx

Wow Sandi you knocked one thing off list lol .....dont blame me if you get tired...ha ha and Kp Well done on cello xx

Tell them not to overdo things Mary lol !!

Okay today I will pick banjo up and try and play this song...plunka plinka (tuning up banjo..lol)

You are My Sunshine My only sunshine

You make me happy when skies are grey

You'll never know dear how much I love you

So please don't take my sunshine away

Have a great day all and anyone who comes here (does that make sense?)

Love

WinB143 xxxx

Edited by Winb143

Morning All!

Kris, that's brilliant news!!!

Today is bus-day for me. Once a fortnight I get the bus into town and go to the library. I found out fairly recently that there are two different buses into town, one takes an hour and goes around all the villages (which would be too much for me) and the other only goes to 1 village and takes 25 minutes, much better! i love getting the bus to town as it challenges me in new situations and it gives me a sense of independance while the dvla dither about. The sun is shining too :biggrin:

:biggrin: YES!!! This is a great thread :biggrin:

The other day I started a "Things I'm Thankful For" journal. Writing at least 10 things, each day (more is a + and always allowed :wink1:) So, I'll share today's list here, as I haven't gotten to the notebook yet!

1. I'm thankful just to be alive. 2. I'm so very thankful to BTG (that of course includes each and everyone of you wonderful people!) 3. I'm thankful it's Friday (even though I don't work outside of the kitchen, Friday's always feel like mini vacation time). 4. I'm thankful that the sun has come up and is shining. 5. I'm thankful for my daughter, who has been my bright light throughout my recovery. 6. I'm thankful for my sisters, who are always there for me and ready to help in whatever way they can (I'm the baby of the family, so I'm special :lol:) 7. I'm thankful I still have a sense of humor and can laugh at things, and make other people laugh too. 8. I'm thankful I have some very special friends that I can share good times with (and the bad too). 9. I'm thankful for music, which has always moved me and been with me through all times. 10. I'm thankful I can sit outside, drink my coffee and listen to the birds chirping, watch the sky turn from dark to light in the early morning hours.

As I've been typing, so MANY things are popping into my head. I'll put the rest in my journal-might write for a good while :biggrin:

Sandi - I loved your post with all the smilies. Made me laugh and feel happy for you. You go girl!

Kris - Thanks for starting this with your question about positive signs!!! Most excellent! Congrats to you on starting the cello lessons - I'm sure you'll be brilliant.

Win - You and your singing - love it! Keep at it. Here's an oldie but goodie: Sing...sing a song. Sing out loud...sing out strong. Sing of good things, not bad........

MaryB.- Yum...dinner and cake. Smiles to you.

Well done Kris! I am looking forward to reading your thread in the fall when you are back in the Orchestra! ;)

Great thread!

Todays Positives for me;

It is Friday :biggrin::thumbsup:

I got parked in the car park this morning without any problem :-) (yesterday was a bit of a mare…had to park down the road at the local DFS and walk back to work… cos we had Vauxhall in with their new Ampera vehicles and they took up a lot of our surface car-park, and then the other 2 basement car-parks were full… the positive was, that 8 of us managed to reverse back out of the 2nd basement and get out! :shocked: no mean feat I can tell you... )

I am doing some overtime tomorrow to help towards the cost of the Lady Gaga tickets I bought yesterday :-) (only 9am til 1pm)

I bought Lady Gaga tickets yesterday!! ;)

I go on holiday 4 weeks tomorrow :-)

I have most of my dinner cooked for tonight, I just need to do some veg :-)

I made it to the gym last night :-)

I cannot wait to read some more of Steig Larsonns ‘The Girl Who Played With Fire’ tonight… I am quite near the end and it is sooo good! :-)

You (BTG) guys (and gals) make me smile :biggrin:

I am thankful that I have been strong enough to get this far! :-)

Carolyn – I love that song! ;) I must also start a gratitude journal…I am always thinking of things that I haven’t got or cannot do, and yet there is lots of things I do have and can do! :crazy: I just need to keep reminding myself of that… ;)

Mary – I do think we need Like buttons! ;)

Take care

Kel x

I am grateful for all the peeps on Behind the Gray The serious ones xx The funny ones, xx The ones who make me laugh without

knowing they are doing so xx The (My Term for Them) Starters of BTG/Bosses/Mods..lol xx and anyone who laughs with me..lol

Now onto my own Family/people...

My Daughter who has just cut me an apple up xx...My husband who is keeping out my way today xx lol

and my Sisters who visited me when I was out of it..and they made me sing wiith them ~ got me on the mend singing

(all Dads songs rude ones I am told we sang !!)

And so grateful for my family who have passed on that sang to me ..apart from Mum.who was always telling me to go home..lol.

She loves me really xxxx

And My Surgeon thank you ..but drilling was a little clumsy....ha ha xx Ta for song Winter xx

Love you all on BTG xxxxxxxxxx

Love

WinB143 xxxx

Edited by Winb143

Hello:

I am thankful for the folks at BTG and my wife's health.

Win- I have to tell you a story about singing. My father was very sick several years ago and we were told he had 2-4 weeks to live. We had several nurses that would take care of him during the day on the days I had to work. I came home from work one day and his nurse Maria was singing to him. She was singing Ave Maria. As I walked in he started singing with her and it was the most heartwarming thing I have ever seen. He was smiling but so sick.

I immediately called the Hopsice (Nurse) Care and asked if we could have Maria be his sole caretaker. They said sure. So Maria and my father sang together for the remaining two weeks of his life and it was neat. So I am thankful for Maria.

David xxo

Ahhhh David that is such a touching story but to sing is good as you know with Dad xx

Thank goodness for the nurse..and Ava Maria is such a beautiful song........I love the song...

And it's been said on the news or somewhere head trauma patients are helped by conversations and singing songs

Thanks David it was really nice to hear..made me cry but with happiness for your Dad to have a good nurse and your thoughts of

Dad are happy ones

Regards x

WinB143 x

Edited by Winb143

As a music therapist, I love all the music that everyone is thinking about! I have used all of those songs for therapy and they're been very effective. I also have been singing 'What a wonderful world' sometimes and then there is all the light classical that I've been listening to. I never really liked Mozart or Hayden...I was always a 20th-21st century kind of classical music lover...but now those pieces are very hard for me to analyze and it takes too much effort...so I've gone back to classical-pop type stuff.

Also I found this album by Michael DeMaria who is a Grammy nominee and psychologist. He expertly takes you on a very relaxing sound journey with his new album "In the FLOW: music for emotional healing". I can't recommend it enough if you'd like a quiet musical experience.

'Make it simple to last the whole day long....'(sing it with me y'all!)

~Kris

Its so weird before the SAH, I liked singing I wasnt a great singer but hey I could hold a note....since the SAH I've lost the lot the liking for music & so sadly the ability to sing....:-(

David that is lovely, what a lovely memory to have....

• 2 weeks later...

I only had to nap occasionally this week! I'm still slow at everything, but at least I'm not tiered all the time while doing easy things.

I always write at least one thing in my journal that I'm grateful for at the end of my nap. It sets the tone for the rest of the day.

I can last at least 1/2hour playing my cello. At first I could only manage one short piece ~5min

Loved the palliative care story too!

The holiday sounds good too, Kel.

Sandi, thanks for the smiles

Kris,

Every night before I doze off....I thank my parents and brother who I saw when out of it..sounds daft but I do it because

They are loved ones whom I miss ... sounds sad but it isn't...as I know I am loved by sisters/brother and family especially hubby and my daughter...and the ones who have passed on Love me...it might be a dream I had when I was out of it..but it will live with me forever.and I am happier for this xx

Keep playing cello xx

Love

WinB143 xx

Edited by Winb143

• 2 weeks later...

Today I had a glimpse of 'Normal' in my perception. It only lasted one second and then I cried because it's so missed and it was such a tease. I think it is a sign of potential so I'll take it. If my brain could do it for one second today...maybe tomorrow it'll be longer? I have hope, I love the feeling of hope. Lets give it up for hope!

~Kris

I am glad that the "downs" of having a SAH are always followed by "ups"

I am glad I have far more patience waiting in a queue.

I am glad I have empathy for people who are less fortunate than me.

I am glad my family hasn't put me out to pasture :lol: I am sure they are fed up of my ramblings!

I am glad I enjoy the simple things in life, like the sensation of washing ones hands. Silly but I look at it differently now.

I am glad I have had a couple of weeks without headaches.... funny I am glad I got a headache today because it made me realize I hadnt had one for some time. HAHA

Hope is a wonderful feeling Kris. Each time I seem to stumble I look around to see who is watching then I get up.

We have all been through a lot and I think BTG gives us all hope, knowing we are not alone.

enough ramblings for one day :crazy:

Kris,

Every night before I doze off....I thank my parents and brother who I saw when out of it..sounds daft but I do it because

They are loved ones whom I miss ... sounds sad but it isn't...as I know I am loved by sisters/brother and family especially hubby and my daughter...and the ones who have passed on Love me...it might be a dream I had when I was out of it..but it will live with me forever.and I am happier for this xx

Keep playing cello xx

Love

WinB143 xx

Is this commom? I was speaking to my Mum when I was out of it. It was so real to me and my memory was so badly affected that when Andy and Nana explained to me that my Mum was dead, it was like I'd heard the news for the first ever time and was devasted. Well, for about 3 whole minutes until I forgot what I'd been told again. Very sad, and feel badly for Nana who must have felt awful as Mum was her only child. I keep hoping I'll get another chat with Mum but so far she hasn't appeared again. I'm glad I got the chance to talk to her though as it was very, very real to me at the time. It is in fact, one of the very few memories I have of my time in hospital. Sorry if I'm going off topic a little here :oops:

Carl,

those aren't ramblings, they are reflections and realisations about the enormity of the struggle you have emerged from. You appear to have come out stronger, wiser and more able to move forwards with confidence, perception and with a renewed and refreshed context of what is important in life - that is yourself and your family who love you very much. Your humility and humanity are very evident - they are remarkable qualities, ones of which you should be very proud.

You are indeed, a very lucky man - count your blessings and wallow in the comfort of all that is dear to you.

You are a deep thinker Carl, let those thoughts be about what and who you love, not those disparaging souls you work with. Between them, they are not worth one of you

Kris - that's progress, I am sso pleased for you - long may it continue!!

Best wishes

Macca

Edited by Macca

I thought my Dad was still alive Dawn.... I used to say..tell Dad I'm okay and will be up to see him later when I am better

But my Dad died in 1999.......I was so worried that he was worrying about me as I am his baby..(bigun) lol ie spoilt brat !!

My sisters said "don't worry Win he is okay" fibbers....lol ....then one day I said "My Dads dead isn't he ?" had a good cry then

I was okay....well hurt me all over again....but I was okay after a blubber....lol daft Win

So we have had similar feelings Dawn ....We are the normal ones just a bad memory....lol....

Be Well Dawn and All xxxxx love ya all xxxxx

Love

WinB143 xxxx

I was so intrigued to hear about the 'Memories' you guys experienced and how they comfort you even today. Nice.

I cried at the zoo on Saturday - 1/2 out of excitement and 1/2 out of just climbing huge amounts of stairs. Anyway, I realized that I hadn't had any reflex crying except that in the past week! I sometimes feel the churn in my stomach, but I just make myself take a deep breath and then it dissipates instead of forcing me to cry like before. I mean every morning I used to wake up crying for no reason like a little baby. Now I can get up and just start my day like an adult (or as my husband says - like a turkey).

~Kris

I do not get up until I tell myself my Dogs dead....as it hurts when she isn't there.....then I go "come on Win she is out of pain"

Then up I get....and think how lucky I am to be here and hope the family will take me out for brekkie or lunch..

As you can tell my diets going sooo well !! not..lol

When I had shunt fitted I used to say jokingly to hubby..I see dead people lol like the film sixth sense..he used to say

"Shut up Win"..then laff at me.....lol.....I'd say "I didddd.."but he doesn't believe me..but I do ....so what xxx

love to all

WinB143