Dark circles like Chi Chi the panda.

Ladies I direct my post mainly at you but gentlemen feel free to join in the discussion. :-P

Since my SAH I have noticed that I have developed very pronounced dark circles under my eyes. As per the title of the post on most days I resemble a panda. It hasn't really bothered me til now, my appearance has not been a priority at all but the last few days I've gone to the effort of putting on some concealor because I look so dreadful and lets face it Halloween is well past :shock:

Does anyone have tips they can share to reduce dark circles ? . Is it a vitamin deficiency or just evidence of the tiredness? I know there are far worse things to worry about and i should not be so vain but , hands up, I confess, I don't like the panda look.

Having felt like I've survived by the skin of my teeth is one thing, to actually look like it is rather a bad reminder. I figure someone will have some ideas.

Panda eyes is what hubby says to me when I'm absolutely out of spoons. Yesterday was such a day & I ended up in bed at 7.40pm & slept!!

I don't do anything for them as I wear glasses so they can't normally be seen unless I take my glasses off!! I am asking hubby for some lift & luminate cream from Boots which is supposed to be good for over 45 year old skin. Will let you know if it works but I suspect its more to do with tiredness. I do take a multi Vit & iron every day & although it helps with the woolly headed feel (I think but I have taken the muti vit since my op & don't want to stop it to see if the woolly headed feeling comes back!)

I do find the skin on my cheeks is dryer now so that includes under my eyes, maybe I need to up the water intake again?

Daff,

My friend at work has horrible dark circle as she has a 2 & 3 year olds at home. She has not slept in almost 4 years. Maybe some cucumbers? Or some chill some round little something’s to put on your eyes when you rest?

When I buy make up I have to go to the mall to the major department store to get the right make up- I use Bare Minerals right now (allergic to chemicals) and they give lessons. I have a CD video that I wish would SINK in so I can remember how to hide my flaws.

Chin up honey, when we were watching the new Bond movie I told my husband my face will be looking like Judi Dench soon. She is 24 years my senior but that is what I see my face looking like now in my magnifying mirror now!

Maryb

Hello,

i was jusy thinking of this yesterday Daff. As I looked in the mirror to go to work and thought "I look terrible" My next thought was thankfully somebody loves me (my wife). So now not only do I feel 80 years old I look it. I have noticed the circles since SAH worse than before. I'm sure it is fatigue. But it gets worse in the cold weather.

My sister in law just spent 300 dollars on some wrinkle cream but I think I'll try some $10 sunglasses!

And Mary with your perfect hair no one notices!!!!!!!! Thats a compliment Mary :)

Thanks,

David

Hey there

only when I'm tired I guess, but hey-hey you must be feeling good to notice stuff like that so woo-hoo.

Ok so my Mum used Olay cream day & night & Im kinda the same NOW their night cream is really good...also for a while (when I had my Panda eyes really bad) I used L'Oreal youth code Eye Cream that was amazing.

I doubt your vain but if we look good on the outside we feel good on the inside isnt that not what they say...

[h=1][/h]

Hey there

A short term fix would be to use a light reflecting concealer - L'Oreal do a Touch Eclat, but mega expensive - Avon do something similar for a lot less pounds -go online to order.

Cucumber does help and apparently so do cold, used tea bags

Hi All

Before my SAH I looked at my eyes and went "oh Win you old moo" as I had a dream about my parents being alive, so when I woke up

I cried (Water on the Brain) lol.

That evening looked at my eyes and decided to use teabags lay there all cozy and the next thing I knew my hubby woke me up

saying "Win Win you been eating in bed" he was all annoyed lol the teabags broke lol got giggles as all leaves

were all in the bed..So Funny it was, the pair of us shaking sheet out of window and Al cursing at me.

Another thing for the neighbours to talk about xx

Be Well All

WinB143 xx xx So you use what? David lol passes David spare sunglasses xx passes Daff Gel called Old bag eye gel..honestly ! lol

I got it from Boots or Superdrugs ...it is good David make a note lol

Edited by Winb143

I've always had dark circles under my eyes, but I have noticed since sah that i often wake up with puffy swollen black bags which are also quite red/purple and it takes quite a while before I stop looking like I've been crying or punched! I find when I try to cover them up, the concealer just sits in my wrinkles and really doesn't look better :crazy:

As a long time severe allergy sufferer, I get these all the time and there is NOTHING you can really do (Believe me, I've tried and talked to Dr.s, read everything about it etc...). However, when it has been exacerbated by stress or lack of sleep...then I can do something about these. So that's my 2 cents. Sorry it's not a quick fix.

~Kris

Hi Daff, I am loving the tips on this thread! I'm going to try them ALL :cool:

I have very dark circles too and even on days when I feel quite good, I look in the mirror and cannot believe how tired I look. I get sick of people saying how tired & pale I look when I think I'm having a good day!!! I hate seeing photos of myself for this reason & will avoid having my photo taken whenever I can.

As Louise said - it's a positive sign that you have started to notice or even care - that is surely a step forward? Let me know which tips you try & which work best before I spend a fortune :wink:

Michelle xx

I've noticed bags under my eyes. In general, I feel like I look 20 years older than a year ago. I feel like on bad days I have it written all over my face. I tend to be happy go lucky, smiling all the time, happy with life. It does frustrate me that I look older and crankier!

Oh well...I guess the alternative is looking dead and peaceful.

Yep I'll defnately accept the panda eyes as my SAH badge of honour over the alternative teechur !

Thanks everybody for pointing out the positive which is that I do care now and I wouldn't even have a few months back. :-D

So far I think the lipstick works best as when I put lippy on people comment on how well I look: maybe I just looked a fright before and it takes their attention away!:lol: nice one Mary!

Am trying the cucumbers, like that, thnk I'll gve the tea bags a miss for now.

Sleep is the answer then, making sure I'm getting enough. I also think I have been letting the water intake slip so it's kicked me up the bum to up my levels again. I'm with you on the photos Michelle. I duck quickly.:wink:

PS. I do believe if I had dark circle I WOULD invest in a trip to the makeup counter and ask how to conceal them. There are things worth the money when it makes you feel good.:-D

My thing is my teeth are not very white and it really bugs me, I cannot do anything about it. I am allergic to toothpaste and use a non chemical one because of my lichen planus. I use to have to use liquid prednisone to rinse my raw mouth out with etc...:devil::devil::devil: BUT if I had a problem with a solution I would gladly spend the extra money to find a way to make me feel & look better. It is priceless.

For now I think smiling in photos make me look fatter anyway. :roll:

Also as we age we lose the "highlighted" parts of our face. I saw that photo of me on fb that was taken in like 1986 someone posted and I was like OMG look at how pretty my eyes and smile were. (That was after I realized it was me) I have lost my eyes. I literally have next to no lip color so wearing a natual shade helps as well. I make an effort to highlight them more now in an appropriate way for my Judi Dench face.

:shocked: