Annie - new member - Sore head

Anne Morris

Hello, I am new to this forum and so glad I found it, I suffered a SAH in April of this year, I have made a good recovery and am back in work full time but have been suffering quite a lot of headaches recently (gather is relatively normal) but the pain at the base of my head is like toothache, does anyone else have anything like this?

• Like 2

Hi Annie :)

A very warm welcome to BTG. Glad you found us.

You have done very well to be back to work full time so soon.

I had a lot of pain at the base of my head/neck in the early stages of recovery. It was very painful for quite some months.  My bleed was brain stem and my ruptured aneurysm clipped .

What type of SAH did you have? I was told the pain was the blood dispersing down the spinal cord. It can also cause painful back and leg ache too.

I would definitely get checked out by your Doctor, but it could just be that you are over doing things, as you are only 4 months in recovery. Everyone is different in their recovery.

Take care and let us know how you get on.

Tina xx

• Like 2

Hi Annie,

Not unusual this one.  Everyone's rate of recovery is different but your body lets you know when you have done too much too soon and it sounds like yours is telling you now!

Ease up on the pace a bit and as Tina says - talk to your doctor - you are already doing so well to be back at work so soon.  You don't want to set yourself back.  Perhaps take some of your annual leave allowance to give yourself a break.  Look after your body and it will look after you - abuse it and it will make you pay!

Good luck,

Macca

• Like 2

Hi Annie,

I was told by my surgeon "Never stress yourself  out and keep calm so I do (not) lol

Hard when you have had what we have been through to get back to normality,  but it does come slow but sure.

Keep calm and think happy thoughts or sing (I drive my Family mad singing)  it seems to help me.

Do what helps you get better and Good Luck on your recovery and as peeps have already said if worried see Doc.

So Keep calm or I may break into song ha x

Welcome to BTG  Annie

Regards

Winb143 xx

• Like 2

Thank you so much for all the comments, really helpful, have read the literature and expected some residual pain but this threw me a bit. I had a bleed at the back of my head, just one of those things I was told and no other treatment required other than blood pressure medication.

Maybe my body is trying to tell me something though as have tried to run before I can walk, will speak to my GP, thanks again.

• Like 1

Hi Annie

Think your body is trying to tell you something. My Nasah was in feb and I am still not back at work full time. Are you drinking plenty, it does help as does taking rest breaks. Ditto what everyone else has said though- speak to your GP. Good luck

Clare

• Like 1

Hi Annie :)

Glad you are going to see your GP.

A bleed is a bleed and a huge trauma for your brain to recover from.

Karen who created BTG said to me once 'Listen to your body and be kind to yourself ' very wise words :)

Good luck and keep us updated.

Take care

Tina xx

• Like 1

Hi Annie,

Welcome to BTG, you will find lots of information and support here,

I had a lot of pain at the base of my skull after SAH, I like Tina was told this was normal 

but we are all different, I hope you get some help when you see your GP.

I was told to make sure that I was drinking lots of water and having plenty of rest,

As Macca said it sounds like your body is telling you to slow down,

As I have said to many newbies you brain and body have suffered a massive trauma

they need time to recover and heal, this takes time and unless you listen to your body

you will suffer for it, you are doing great but maybe you are doing to much to soon,

maybe slowing things down a bit may help.

I did find drinking lots of water did help though, it`s worth trying.

Good luck with your recovery

Take care

Michelle xx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Annie

warm welcome, Wow! you did well getting back to work and full time too, maybe that's the reason your having the headaches...  your doing way to much..

but YEP if in doubt see your GP.

But ditto everything everyone else has said, rest, drink plenty, listen to your body...