Untreated aneurysms or annies not 100% occluded

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the others say try not to worry too much.

Also you wouldnt be going through it on your own if you spoke to your family about it, I have been on the side of people not telling me things and it hurts not being confided in.....

not going to go on because I know I will

keep us posted take care hugs

Louise.xxx

Well finally arrived home after hospital appointment.

As i entered the room there were 4 neurovascular doctors sitting down with all my ct scans and mri, very daunting indeed.

They all feel that i can either have the aneurysm clipped or coiled, it's up to me.

They do feel that it should not be left alone which is my wish but then i am still left with something unprotected.

The question now is whether to have it clipped or coiled, maybe a feedback from people who were clipped is helpful here in order to make that decision. They feel that when i give an answer next Monday they can perform the operation in the coming weeks.

Thanks for all the support.

Take care.

Myra xx

Hi Myra

What a hard decision to have to make. I know before my surgery I was told that coiling was less invasive than clipping but I had no real choice and had to have mine clipped as I couldn't wait for the coiling procedure.

The recovery is similar with both, but with clipping you do get left with a scar that can be quite bumpy and of course its difficult to sleep on for quite a long time afterwards. It also can feel very uncomfortable and very numb my clipping was nearly 2 years ago and still feels very numb.

I'm sure that those who have had the coiling prcedure will let you know how that has affected them.

I hope whichever procedure you choose that you don't have to wait too long. Sending some big virtual hugs take care.

Janet x

Hi Myra

Janet is right coiling is less invasive however recovery is the same and in a way I wish mine had been clipped because it would have been more final, I have to still have yearly scans and everytime it gets near to the appointment its a nightmare not knowing if I might need more surgery

I think you have to go with the consultant really they are the ones who know best

Good luck whatever you decide, its a horrible thing to be burdened with and my thoughts are with you Myra

Yasmin

x

Hi Myra

I was coiled and glad that I had that rather than being clipped - probably from a vainity point of view more than anything, but it wasn't my choice to make - I was out of it. I've never had any problems with mine being coiled but can't comment on the clipping side of things.

Love Sami xxx

Hi Myra,

Thanks for the pm, will answer that separately. Obviously as you can tell I have now read your actual post.

I can only say that i was coiled but again was out of it, the doctors told Simon 3 options, coiled, clipped or die (obviously not much of an option!) They said that coiling was less evasive so simon went for that.

I'm sorry I can't be much help about clips

Love and hugs

Laura

xx

Well I had the hospital appointment and i have decided to have the aneurysm coiled, the neuro surgeon feels that it might be better for me but the biggest problem now is to sort out the other medical problems before coiling and i will have to see the GP on Friday.

I think i am relieved i made the final decision but now the waiting and i have to get my health some what better for the op.

Myra xx