Hi I'm Sarah C

Guest sarah c

Guest sarah c

I have posted the following introduction from Sarah C .... hope that you guys are able to give her some support - thank you, Karen xx

Hi Karen

I had my Grade 5 Subarachnoid Haemorrhage on the 16th January 2001, I spent 5 weeks in Charring Cross Hospital in Hammersmith and underwent a brain operation to have the artery clipped, from the time my husband came home and found me collapsed to when I came home is quite a blur to me. I think everyone else went through a very bad time especially my husband and two children then aged 14 and 11. I returned back to work far too soon after this happenened, I just felt as though if I did not go back then I would never go back. Now seven and half years later I think I am having real trouble coping. At the moment I have been signed of off work with depression, I am constantly tired and this has been since the Haemorrage, and I just feel very very low. The reason I thought I would tell you a bit of my story is because my Mum really upset me yesterday by saying I have just got to pull myself together and get back to work, everybody sometimes feels that they just want to crawl into a corner I just want some advice from someone who has been through the same thing. If it was not for my Husband Gordon and my children Leah and Ashley, who I'm keeping fighting for, I think I would have given up a long time ago. By the way my age now is 43 I was 36 when I had the Haemorrhage,

Thankyou for listening and would be grateful for your advice

Hi Sarah mine was in sept 02 and another aneurysm clipped jan 03 I was pregnant about 2wks later with my first now got 2 lol. I felt like you do now but it was more just after my first child was born. I was 23 when mine ruptured I am really sorry that your mother is trying to rush you back into work, tell her you will go when you are ready. If you want to ask anything at all just PM me or post on here. Welcome to BTG it really is a great support group. Jess.xxx

Hi Sarah C :D

Bless you , you have had a hard time of it. I was clipped 8 months ago, and like you want to go back to work, want to be normal again, but just know i am not ready. Trouble is we look normal, once our hair and scars have repaired and our nerve palsy etc, and unfortunatly people just dont understand. It is lovely to hear you are still fighting for yourself and your family. Maybe you could show your Mum and family some of the posts that we have written on here. It seems that some of us have good days and then some really bad days, we all suffer from the dreaded tiredness, something i have never experienced before sah. I was always running around like a headless chicken, and if i try that now i suffer, I am 45 two kids, 18 and 20. I know it is early days for me, but there are others on here that are further on and still suffer much like you. Stay positive, look at what you have achieved, you should be very proud of yourself. I am sure your Mum is just trying to help, and loves you very much, it is difficult for others to comprehend what we go through. This web site has been a God send to me, i hope you find it as wonderful. and as helpful as i have..and remember we are always here for you and know how you feel. Take care and as Karen always says...dont be so hard on yourself :D

Love Tinaxx

SARAH you are not alone in these feelings x x x

Welcome to the family x x

I suffer with my nerves and find myself crying for no reason at all i think its because i cant understand how i can be alright one day and not the next....I have a 2 year old and a supporting husband and like you am trying my hardest to fight this for them x x

I have lots of nasty thoughts and feel so scared......I have been referred to a councillor who gave me a web site i have to visit once a week and fill in how i feel ( beating the blues ). it is only 4 months since my sah but feels like a lifetime already.....we have to beat this sarah and we will x x not everybody understands how we feel and it is hard telling people we care about the truth..... i find myself shouting at my hubby sometimes saying i know i look well but i'm not but i dont think he understands fully but i know he trys x x

Keep your chin up hun and like jess if i can help in anyway you can pm me, i have more good days than bad now but my tears and fears still get me down xxxx

Hi Sarah

Welcome to the site and to the family.

I had my SAH two years ago at the end of this month and I still get tired and have the occasional day where I feel really really low and just wish I could run away from it all. The only thing I would say to someone who told me to pull myself together - besides swearing profusely :wink: - would be "Walk a mile in my shoes and then come back and tell me how it feels".

You're with like-minded people on here hun, who now what it's like to struggle through each day even though you look perfectly well on the outside. We've often said on here that we should be given huge plasters to put on our heads so that people know we're ill.

Anything you feel like asking - or sounding off about - then feel free - we're generally one big, happy, nutty family :lol:

Look forward to "talking" to you more - don't let them get you down - you, and you alone, know what you are and aren't capable of doing.

Take care

TTFN

Sami xxx

Hi Sarah

And a warm welcome to the site....

And take it from me your not alone in how you feel, or that people seem to say oh get on with it and pull yourself together, yes been there no easy answer except its good to talk as they say....

Hope we hear from you again soon.

take care

Louise.xx

Welcome to BTG Sarah

I had my SAH in March 2008 and was at the Royal Free Hospital Hampstead where i had been coiled.

It is still hard, i do not think there should be a time limit on how one should feel, we all have days that are good and days that are bad.

I cannot work at the moment as i still suffer from constant tiredness but i try to keep myself busy with other things.

The one good thing that you have is the support of your husband and children.

I am so glad that i can visit the site 24/7 and be able to write for any advice or just talking about i how i feel.

I hope to hear from you and you are not alone :)

Myra xx

Hi Sarah

Welcome to the virtual family hope you find it as useful as I do. I think you were very brave returning to work so soon and managing to keep it together for so long. Its great that you have a supportive family around you.

I returned to work at 7 months on a phased return but didn't manage to get back to full time. Its only a couple of weeks ago that I made the decision to reduce my hours back down again as I was constantly tired and spent most weekends recovering ready for work again.

Hope to hear more from you soon.

Janet x

Hi Sarah 2!

Welcome to BTG. Sorry to hear your experience with family but know just what you're going through. My dad in particular is of the same mind as your mum - because he can't see anything visible and that I look and sound just like before then everything is ok, surely and I should just get on with it. Well, I can only re-iterate what my good friend Sami says - "Walk a mile etc etc" - because no-one knows how you feel and what you have to experience except you. It's such an alien thing that we're having to live with daily, and we are all different too but that's why this site is so great; we can share experiences and help each other in a way that nobody else, no matter how close they are to us, can.

Stick to your guns and stick around here, we're Family!

Lots of love

Sarah xxx :wink:

Guest sarah c

I would just like to thank everyone for the replies, you have all made me feel better already. It is just so nice to speak to someone that has been through the same thing as me. I am going to post my full story onto the web site and hopefully help others like you all have.

Well done Sarah! :D ......it's great to see you posting ..... if you have any problems with getting around the website, you know where I am, so send me an email as I'm always happy to help.... :)

Hope that the support here helps a little, we all know how you're feeling ...... :D

Guest Shiree

Hi Sarah C

Welcome aboard luv :D

I am five months down the track from my SAH and have good days, and bad. I get the same reaction from some people too and its horrible. Nobody who hasnt been through what we have has no idea, and certainly no right to judge us. Keep talking to us mate, you are amongst friends here....

hugs

Shiree

Hi Sarah,

Wecome to this fab family :D

How annoying when people say things like that, they want to live ourlives and feel the difference with headaches, emotions and dizziness, tiredness etc. Lots of peple don't understand as we look normal. Everyone on here understands and that is why this is a great family to be in.

Stay positive

Laura

xx