Woohoo 2 year SAH anniversary

Kathy

March 6 is the day. It feels like a lifetime ago (so many changes) and yet, also only like it happened yesterday. I am just now starting to adjust to the "new normal" and taking more command over my emotions. My faith has kept me hopeful.

I am thankful for my family, friends and BTG folks who have surrounded me with prayers, support and love ~ and patience. It's been a difficult recovery. I think more so because during this time I lost my mother while I was still in the hospital (April 2018), my father this past November 2019 and my aunt (mother's sister) just on February 15, 2020 ~ she was a second mom to us.

But, a new little grand-daughter was born April 8, 2019. I am so glad to be here to celebrate her upcoming first birthday! We have four grown adult children and spouses and have four wonderful grandsons as well 10, 8 and twins 7.

Now at 62, my husband and I are raising our adopted 2 special needs children 10 and 17. This keeps me insanely busy. The oldest joined our family just 6 months before my event!  After my SAH, I retired early from part-time teaching. I miss being a teacher : (

I have appreciated EVERYONE of you who have written about your lives, joys and frustrations and EVERYONE who has responded ~ it encourages so many readers ~ like me! My heart is full of gratitude,  Kathy  [Thank you Karen and team for keeping this website going]

Hello Kathy  and also well done two years on.

Great to hear how well you are dealing with your life post SAH.

It must have been so difficult when your mother passed away while you were still in hospital and later your father and aunt.  Yet as you say... family have been so supportive over the past two years.  

Leaving your demanding teaching job was no doubt a difficult but wise step, and I am sure the foster work you and husband continue to do must give you much satisfaction. 

Many thanks for sharing and we are glad that your new found friends in BTG have also helped along the way. 😊

Best wishes for the years ahead. 

Subs

Congratulations on your anni-versary Kathy. Good to hear that you are recovering well and enjoying the new normal.

It certainly does take time and every year brings changes and often improvements. I'm 5 years out now and have forgotten how I was before though my family say there have been changes.

Sounds like you have your work cut out looking after your two adopted children however it must be really rewarding - well done!

Hope you continue to find support through BTG.

Clare xx

Hi Kathy and well done with getting to your two year anni-versary! x

From my own experience, I think that 2 years on, is perhaps a turning point and believe you me, I'm still experiencing recovery and I'm at peace with my limitations and just glad to be here!

It sounds as though you've got great family around you to share the hugs and love! Well done! .... and a big hug, for raising your 2 special needs children! ... I have no doubt that they will be surrounded with much love and everything that you can give them ... I'm totally in awe of you! 

Sending my own hugs and love to you and yours...xxx

I so enjoyed reading your post!  I’m sure your family is blessed to have you!   The loss of loved ones is a challenge for sure and post SAH especially.    The timing must have been difficult.  But YAY for a grandchild and your two adopted children as well.   You sound busy..... my three year anniversary is the 14th of this month.  I need to share as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the cheers! I appreciate each of my BTG friends ~ and wouldn’t have made it through some of those most difficult days (and there still are “those” kind of days at times) without this network of support. Blessing to all of you. ~ Kathy (Colorado)

Archived