Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
ToriC

Tori - 5 weeks is still very early days?

ToriC    18

Question-did any of you suffer with sight problems when first recovering from a grade 4/5 bleed?  Did it improve?  I think this is quite apparent with my Mum at the minute but she is doing so well other wise! I can't wait for rehab now! 

Super Mario    17,984

I ended up with Tersons Syndrome after my SAH. The blood had forced its way down my left optic nerve and when the blood cleared it left debris in the back of my eye. I was almost blind in that eye, it was like looking through water only worse.

The eye was operated on and the debris cleared giving me back my vision.

It may well be worth asking about that syndrome.

ToriC    18

Hi All

i just thought that I would update.  It is now 3 months since my Mum's grade 5 bleed.  She is still sat in the neuro ward waiting for a bed to become available in the rehab ward next door.  It is now 3+ weeks since she was referred.  She needs therapy now as she is at the stage where she needs to be pushed.  

She is having a peg this week so her feeding tube from her nose can be removed.  She is eating puréed food orally but not enough for her to not have a peg.  She also says that the puréed meals are disgusting.  I don't blame her for not wanting to eat them to be honest.  She eats for me as I can be a bit more forceful but the nurses have to be so careful and PC that they cannot feed her unless she willingly just opens her mouth.  I took some lovely puréed baby food in today by Ella's kitchen and asked the nurses to try her wth that (I couldn't stay for feeding tonight).

Anyway my great Auntie went tonight and they hadn't been touched.  I'm getting pretty frustrated!! I am trying to do everything for my Mum not to have the peg but I just can't be there every minute of every day and I just wish the nurses could spend a bit more time and persuade her a little more (with food that she actually wants to eat!).

Otherwise all limbs are moving now but she is bed bound again due to a seriously upset stomach that she has had for 3 weeks.  She has sores now from it. She had a stomach CT last night and they think it's just colitis.  She talks about allsorts of things-some makes sense some does not.  I am just keeping everything crossed for a rehab bed soon.  

• Like 1

Daffodil    4,402

Really hope you mum gets a rehab bed soon . Maybe see if you can chat to the matron if they have one and have a check in on mum's care and set expectations. If your worried then you could always involve the patient liaison but often a chat and conversation is the best starting point. 

Tell her her btg is rooting for her 

ToriC    18

Hi all

Mum went to rehab last Friday.  She still has a very upset stomach so it's holding them back a bit but they are assessing her at the minute.  She is in The Haywood In Stoke?  

She he is continuing to make more sense each time I see her but still forgets a lot.  She put her own glasses on when I was there the other day.  I'm hoping that there will be lots of improvements now :-) x

• Like 1

paul99    399

Hi Tori

I'm sorry I seemed to have missed a lot of your postings. please don't get upset about the peg its there to maintain mums weight and it will be removed when mum gains weight and maintains it as it is better in the tummy than the nose so mum will be a lot happier.

My Lin was in the old n/staffs and yes they were brilliant to her although sometimes the nurses seem to be over stretched hence the food was still on the table. are they thinking of mum going into rehab elsewhere after they deem her fit enough?  if you see Simon Shaw give him my regards  a nice chap, wishing you and mum well take care and try and take time for yourself please  xx Paul