MRI scan

Hi all,

just had a letter which was a copy from my surgeon to a neuro radiologist saying it will be ok to give me a mri instead of angio as all clips now are safe to use with scanner, but how about coils? are they ok as i have 8 at present and am worried. will try to get hold of radiologist or surgeon again monday but been trying for a week with no reply from anywhere. cant even get hold of secretarys and have left messages. feel in the dark. anyone help please??

hope you are all having a good weekend.

love to you all

caz xx

thanks to you all for reassuring me about the coils. spoke to surgeons secretary this morning and they are going to sort out apt for me soon. May be MRA instead of MRI but feel happier about it all now since hearing from alln here.

Hope everyone had a good weekend

love caz x

Just wondering why they change to MRI?

I think it's risk vs. benefit. A cerebral angiogram is an invasive surgical procedure which carries certain risks, albeit small. An cerebral angiogram can give a clearer picture, but if they just need to keep an eye on things, then I think that MRI/MRA is sufficient to detect any changes.

Hi

I've had 6 angiograms and 2 MRI scans. The last angiogram was really painful when they went in through the groin and I was told it was because scar tissue builds up and makes it tougher to penetrate the artery. They said that I could have MRI scans going forward, which I have done. I also have a smaller aneurysm that needs monitoring so explains why, five years on, I'm still being seen.

Kim

X

hi,

Think it must be the same 4 me. had two angios and now going onto mri/mra. They are monitoring one aneurysm and checking out swelling????? beside the aneurysm clipped in may.

Hope all on here are ok

love to you all

caz x

Hey there

I've only had one angio and that was when I had my bleed - since then I have had MRi/MRA and all were fine - I have nine coils and it was perfectly safe - quite enjoyed the scanner - it felt like my blood was having a mini massage - I know, I'm weird :crazy: hahaha.