hello everyone - Paula

pbyrne00128

my name is paula, i am 41, i had a subarachnoid haemorrage in may 2009 and a stroke, i have had my 6mth scan in nov and have been told i have to have a scan every 6mths as they think i have another anurysm but they are not 100 per cent sure , i am trying not to worry, am still not back to my normal self, find it hard to do day to day things, have regular headaches, dizziness and tiredness.

Hi Paula and welcome! :-D

Try not to worry too much, I know that it's easier said than done, but it sounds as though the medics are keeping a good eye on you with the scans. You've survived the SAH and that really is the worse part.

I still have a neck left on my aneurysm after the coiling, so they're keeping an eye on me too .... I have my next scan in April and I shall be nearly 5 years on.

You're still pretty early into your recovery and experiencing what many of us have had ..... anything that you want to ask, then please feel free to do so ...

Wishing you all the very best .... xx

Hi Paula,

I'm sorry to hear you have been through what you have, but am glad you have found this site - it has lots of friendly members who are only too willing to help in any way they can. There is always someone around to offer reassurance if you ever need it.

Take Care,

Sarah

Hi Paula

You have been through a lot, the headaches etc are something we all seem to have. I take heart from the people who are further down the road than me,which gives me confidence. Our recovery times are all different. There is a wealth of support and information on this site.

Take care

Liz xx

Hi Paula

As some of the others have already said recovery is a very individual thing the first 12 months are perhaps the hardest but it will get easier with time. I hope you find the site as helpful as I always have and any questions just ask....there is always someone who can answer them. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Paula

Welcome to the site and to the family.

As the others have said - you're still fairly early in your recovery. I'm almost 3 1/2 years in and this site has helped me get through every day - and believe me for the first year or so every day is different. The first year was my recovery year, the second was my adapting year and the third was my back to normal-ish year.

Feel free to ask anything - even if it's just reassurance that you need.

Like Karen said, it's good that they're scanning you regularly. Try not to worry too much - even though I know it's hard.

Lok forward to getting to know you

Take care

Hi Paula and welcome to our 'caring site' I am sure you will find it is exactly that and youwill get lots of support. I am one of quite a few on here who are regularly monitored because we have another aneurysm, believe me that is a good thing, as it means it will never get out of hand and rupture, I'm sure you too will reckon that's a good thing :-DYou are still early on and I'm sure you do feel pretty horrid, it does get better, that is a promise! The length of time varies very much as it depends on so many factors, I look forward to hearing more from you:-D

• 1 month later...

thank you very much for all the replys i appreciate it very much, i dont feel alone any more, everyone is in the same position and know how i am feeling because we have all been through the same thing, no disrespect to anyones partners, family etc, but unless it has happened to u , no one knows how u feel, i find my family getting fustrated with me when i carnt remember things what they have said to me, and they think i am back to normal cos i look ok and i am not, i know it is a long process, didnt realise that it would take time to get back to normal, sometimes i wonder if i will ever be my normal self again, i know that i am not ready to return to my job yet, i was a mobile care assistant, i looked after elderly people which i loved every minute of it, i worked long hrs, but it was very rewarding to see people happy to see u, i dont feel ready to go back to work yet, as u know have good days and bad days, i also have 4 boys, but the youngest is 17, the boys are a great help and i dont know what i would do without them, they all help with shopping, cleaning etc, anything , they have been great i am very lucky and proud of them, i just wanted to ask does anybody know what help there is for us., i was told to claim for dla which i did but got refused x

Hi Paula,

It's nice to hear from you again. I'm so pleased to hear your son's are such a help to you, that will undoubtedly make life a bit easier for you. I can't personally help you with what type of help is available out there, but maybe someone on here can. Have you spoken to Citizens Advice, they are usually very helpful. I hope you continue well in your recovery and have more good days and less bad days.

Sarah

Hi Paula,

welcome to the site. You will find lots of nice people who have experienced a full range of experiences both good and bad.:-D

Advice is always available which is very helpful when you are feeling down.

I was very lucky to have an aneurysm coiled when I was still in hospital. I have to go for my first six month scan in May June, but I am reassured that the hospital is keeping an eye on me.

Its hard not to worry, family share most of the experiences with you but not the physical ones.:shock:

Sorry can't help with the benefit situation, suggest you contact the Citizens Advice Bureau, as already mentioned.

Take care.:-D