Hello Every body my name is JO

Estella

IM new to this siite my name is JO .I had my ischemic stroke 2-13-2008 . I was paralysis from my arms down to my toes had to learn to walk all over . AND i had heart attack the same day but it did not do eny damage to me thank GOD i had enough going on with me at that time . I was in ICU .Becouse of my heart being deform it is side ways i was born with it that way . BUT im ok now i learn to walk by my selfwhen i came home from the rehab . i did it all by my self . NOW i can get on my Exercise bike . I get tired easy but i gess that is the way the ball bounces.

Sincerely JO

Hi Jo,

It sounds as though you've got a great deal of determination and well done with the exercise bike, as it can only improve your stamina! :-D

Yes, the tiredness is the pits after a brain injury and I don't know anybody that doesn't suffer from it, even though it does improve with time.

I can see that you live in the United States ... is GA Georgia?

xx

Hi Jo,

The last couple of years must've been so hard for you to deal with. Hopefully now you've found us here you will be calling in more often and I'm sure it will help you to have people to chat to about it all. It has definately helped me realise I'm not the only one dealing with such hard times. I'm quite amazed to discover so many people have gone through it, and how many more, will still have to!. The human race seems to be a bit ignorant unless it is happening to us personally. Most of us seem to have had no idea what an SAH even was till it "slapped us in the face". I look forward to hearing all about you.

Sally xx

Hi Jo,

The last couple of years must've been so hard for you to deal with. Hopefully now you've found us here you will be calling in more often and I'm sure it will help you to have people to chat to about it all. It has definately helped me realise I'm not the only one dealing with such hard times. I'm quite amazed to discover so many people have gone through it, and how many more, will still have to!. The human race seems to be a bit ignorant unless it is happening to us personally. Most of us seem to have had no idea what an SAH even was till it "slapped us in the face". I look forward to hearing all about you.

Sally xx

Thank you Sally

Hi Jo,

It sounds as though you've got a great deal of determination and well done with the exercise bike, as it can only improve your stamina! :-D

Yes, the tiredness is the pits after a brain injury and I don't know anybody that doesn't suffer from it, even though it does improve with time.

I can see that you live in the United States ... is GA Georgia?

xx

Yes i live in georgia and i live in byron Georgia

Welcome Jo! Sounds like you have made some remarkable recovery!!! Good for you. I think I recognize your name from another SAH site? BTG has been wonderful for me - great people here, wonderful support group. So many times I have felt so alone with my recovery, but I know I can come here and there is ALWAYS help :biggrin: I see you're my neighbor. GA is lovely! We vacationed in Helen and surrounding towns 2 yrs. ago and loved it. Thought about moving there, even! Hope to hear more from you.

Take care and be well,

Carolyn

Hi Jo

Welcome to BTG.

We seem to have a few American cousins joining of late! It's nice to extend the group!

I'm sorry you've been through the mill and acknowledge that your difficulties have been more challenging than most. I am certain we will learn a lot from you, especially in how to adapt to our new lives.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Take care,

Lynne

Hi Jo and a huge welcome, I am a very new member too and I must say everyone has been so welcoming and it really is good to be with people who can relate to me and understand.You sound like you've been through it. You do sound strong and positive,I'll never forget what a nurse told me which was Positive,Mental,Attitude,that really does work well it has for me anyway :-D. I hope you continue your recovery well and look forward to chatting with you.

Jules xxx