This one's for the ladies

:frown:hello ladies,just wanted to know how many of you have a bad time round your periods, every month i dread it ,my headaches are really bad, i feel sick ,cant sleep at night ,usually its the build up to my period i get the headaches but this month its been during my period, the other night it scared me that much that i was going to phone for paramedic then i thought ,im just going go sleep if i dont wake up, i dont wake up,it just got me down that much, my partner said im the same every month, but as you all know ,we forget, i was thinking of going to gp to see about hysterectomy, ive already been sterilised, but cant take this anymore,ive been really good the past few months ,getting out ,painting the fence ,just doing normal things but its just when i come round to my periods, anyone else feel like this. headache, nervousness,feeling sick,eyes aching,neck aching,aching around temples. by the way i had 2 annies 1 which ruptured may 2010 both coiled, had follow up at 6 months everything ok, just waiting for 12 month in about 8 wks. thanks for listening. bay

Aw bay, I'm sorry you're feeling so rubbish :( I can sympathise only from afar - I used to suffer terribly with pain and when it got to the point where I was having pain both during my period and at ovulation I said enough and finally got a Mirena coil. Best thing I ever did! I don't have periods at all now.....

Have you thought of getting a referral to a gynae or to an endocrinologist? I work for an endocrinologist and she deals with hormonal problems. It's worth a try? Good luck!

Hi there

I have the mirena coil too - also the best thing I ever did - I haven't had a period for 6 years now and it's brill-i-ant!!!! I suffer from a little pain during ovulation but my PMT is non-existent and my headaches are now only brought on by illness or alcohol:oops:. I know that it can be different for everyone but it was the best thing for me. However, having being sterilised I don't know if they'll let you have a coil but its worth a try if you explain about yout SAH and the headaches etc.

Take care

Since my SAH i feel the same way you do with my periods, the headaches, sweating hot fluhes cant sleep at night all just before im due. I ave the mirena coil fitted, but i still bleed and have all things happening. Ive had a blood test to check homones it came back within normal range, but have now been sent for saliva test, so waiting for results. I would say all these things are worse since SAH in June2010. When i was in with the SAH i had just finished a period but while in ICU i started another period and for the whole stay in hosptial i had hot flushes every 20mins, mentioned it to the doc's who said it should all settle down, but i am still waiting for this to happen.

It makes sense that our hormones go crazy when our brain explodes. Depending on what part of the brain blew up there will be some upset and chemical changes. I don't really know this for sure of course! My hot flashes subsided considerably after my SAH (yay!!!!!) but the week leading up to my period is not comfortable at all because those symptoms combined with my post-SAH symptoms become just too much! It's difficult to know what is PMS and what is post-SAH. And prior to the SAH I would pop some ibuprofen without thinking twice. Now I don't. My GP says NSAIDs aren't good for people who have strokes so only take them as a last resort.

The other painkillers make my eyes hurt (reaction) which also just adds to the list of symptoms. Geesh! :crazy:

Sandi K.

thanks everyone for the reassurance, i just thought things were getting better for me ,but like my sister said ;im doing to muc h and that i should calm it down, i think if the pain wasnt in my head, i wouldnt be as bothered, i just feel as though i get to a stage where im going to pass out and that really does frighten me,so in a months time ,i come back on here with the same problem someone please tell me that i was like this last month.lol

Hi Bay,

I'm the same and can write off about 10 days out of each month and dread it! .... My periods stopped for about 3 months after the SAH and then came back with a vengeance....extremely heavy as well. (was found to be iron deficient, which wasn't helping) The fatigue kicks in, dizzy spells, headache and just feeling generally yuk and low! I'm 49 this year and am also wondering whether the menopause is starting to kick in ... Might be worth your while to get yourself checked out with your GP and have a few blood tests done.

Know how you're feeling and I've also wondered about having a hysterectomy! xx

Hi Bay,

I'm the same and can write off about 10 days out of each month and dread it! .... My periods stopped for about 3 months after the SAH and then came back with a vengeance....extremely heavy as well. (was found to be iron deficient, which wasn't helping) The fatigue kicks in, dizzy spells, headache and just feeling generally yuk and low! I'm 49 this year and am also wondering whether the menopause is starting to kick in ... Might be worth your while to get yourself checked out with your GP and have a few blood tests done.

Know how you're feeling and I've also wondered about having a hysterectomy! xx

thanks karen,it just feels strange in my head and thye feeling sick that comes in waves,i bet i will be fine by monday.thanks x

I had a tubal ligation in 86. I do not have the coil, but several years ago my GYN suggested it - so I think it's safe regardless of sterilization. Funny you should mention feeling as though you may pass out. This is what happened to me several days ago - but this time I did pass out! Since the SAH, all previous pre-menstrual problems have worsened, including the feelings you get just before you faint. My neurologist told me as soon as those feelings start to come on, sit down immediately and put your head between your knees OR lay flat on your back. Coming home from the hospital after the SAH, I didn't have a period for 3 months. I was hoping the SAH had thrown me into full blown menapause!!! NOT :lol: Had my hormones checked about 6 mo. afterward - all fine. So still with the hot flashes, night sweats, cramps, and emotional drama! Here's to being a woman :roll:

Hi I had hysterectomy 12 months before SAH (aged 36) best thing ever!!!

Can't help with the monthly problems but what's a hysterectomy compared to SAH:lol: There was also an injection available that tricked your body into thinking you had had a menopause & helped relieve the monthly symptoms, I can't remember what it was called but a gyneacologist would be able to help with that.

Good luck to all xx

I had a tubal ligation in 86. I do not have the coil, but several years ago my GYN suggested it - so I think it's safe regardless of sterilization. Funny you should mention feeling as though you may pass out. This is what happened to me several days ago - but this time I did pass out! Since the SAH, all previous pre-menstrual problems have worsened, including the feelings you get just before you faint. My neurologist told me as soon as those feelings start to come on, sit down immediately and put your head between your knees OR lay flat on your back. Coming home from the hospital after the SAH, I didn't have a period for 3 months. I was hoping the SAH had thrown me into full blown menapause!!! NOT :lol: Had my hormones checked about 6 mo. afterward - all fine. So still with the hot flashes, night sweats, cramps, and emotional drama! Here's to being a woman :roll:
thanks winter,nice to know others are going threw this as well, i think its just reassurance we need more than anything, i think im going to come back as a man its easier lol

Hi Bay,

SNAP I have had a REALLY bad period this month and the thought of fainting is my biggest fear it even leads to massive panic attacks x x and like yourself this month I nearly phoned for a paramedic but I just thought I cant phone them everytime I feel weak and feel faint so agaion like you I just went to sleep to wake up feeling 10 times worse x x

I am only 31 and want another baby (which aqlso worries me how I will feel) x x I dont want to go on the pill or anything like that because I am trying to loose weight and I know I will just put even more weight on if I did x x

some months I feel fine but some are like a nightmare and like others takes over at least a week of my life x x x

I am moving doctors soon and going to talk to them with regards my periods so will let you know what they say x x

keep smiling

donna

I to have really bad periods and moods (which are bad enough without this) the week leading up to mine i can be sure if there is cold or flu going about i will catch it (mildly) and you cant look at me for about 10 dyas my only saving grace is my cycle is long im not allowed the coil as i havent had any children and they dont like given it out :shocked:

hi ladies,

I have always had a bad week before my period. It still is , only now with an even shorter fuse. ( ovulation time is also a nice one. trying for kids when having a killer-mood has always been fun)

When my period starts however, my mood clears up. (before SAH it didn't)

Last month I had a great one where I was about to do something with a cottonswab (what u use to clean your ears).. I was thinking that something wasn't right.. and at the last possible moment realised it was not a tampon I was holding in my hand.

Sorry for the visual, but I made me laugh! It is a typical example of the little things that go wrong in this house though...

Hi Bay,

SNAP I have had a REALLY bad period this month and the thought of fainting is my biggest fear it even leads to massive panic attacks x x and like yourself this month I nearly phoned for a paramedic but I just thought I cant phone them everytime I feel weak and feel faint so agaion like you I just went to sleep to wake up feeling 10 times worse x x

I am only 31 and want another baby (which aqlso worries me how I will feel) x x I dont want to go on the pill or anything like that because I am trying to loose weight and I know I will just put even more weight on if I did x x

some months I feel fine but some are like a nightmare and like others takes over at least a week of my life x x x

I am moving doctors soon and going to talk to them with regards my periods so will let you know what they say x x

keep smiling

donna

hi donna, been docs yesterday about these headaches, there still bad, he did a test on me and said its nothing to do with annies, he seems to think its pmt and that i should keep a diary and note everything down about mood swings ,headaches, aching and then see if theres a pattern , im in bed now, just hoping this headache will shift. thanks everyone aswel,it really perks me up when i come on here,cus no one else understands. xx

As always I find this site always helps me regardless of what the problem is. I went out with my two grown up step daughters today. did a bit of shopping and began to feel "just not right"

Came home and went to bed! Thought this would effect my mood you know one step forward 3 back!!

Decided to go on BTG and found this thread. What a coincidence, that timeof the month for me!!! Found reassurance. Will see how I go on before thinking the worse or rushing to the docs,

As usual this site always helps to explain and reassure through individuals experiences. Always more valuable than doc speak

Thanks to all

Karen x