Hi, I'm Eddie in Alabama

Epaul1967

Hello to everyone. I thank God for this site. I've learned more in one day than I've been told since this started.

My second life began on April 7th 2012. I was in the middle of a 30 mile bike ride. I've always been blessed with great health. The pain started in my neck and worked its way over my head. To say it was a terrible headache would be a huge understatement. I continued to ride for 3 miles, to my girlfriends, scared that if I stopped I would pass out. She call 911 and I was taken to the ER. A great doctor called for a CT right off the bat and the bleed was quickly found. He called it an SAH and I was sent to a bigger hospital's ICU. After lots of prayers a second CT showed the bleeding had stopped so they made me comfortable and told me VERY LITTLE about what had happened. In 4 days I saw the Neuro Dr a total of 5 minutes. On the fourth day I was told that I no longer met the insurance requirements and was discharged.

I worried my self to death for two days and then went to my family doctor. He arranged for me to see a new Neuro Dr. That Dr ordered an MRI and Angio. (Tues 5/2/12) Both came back clear. No Evidence of anything. He made me a follow up appointment and gave me a return to work slip. I haven't drove in a month and just like that I'm supposed to return to regular life like nothing happened.

My life has changed forever and until today I had never heard of a NA-SAH. I've lived 4 weeks scared to death that it would happen again.

If you haven't read it before....here it is. THANK YOU for everything you write on this site. It is all such an incredible help.

God Bless

Hi Eddie and a warm welcome to BTG. So glad you found us all and have learned a lot from the site already. Here in the UK there is also little information given following a sah, which I believe is the reason we all start searching for a few answers on the internet. This site is such a great place to find, giving reassurance that you are not alone when dealing with recovery. If you have any queries, concerns etc, you only have to ask and someone will always be around to help and support.

Best wishes,

Sarah

Hi Eddie welcome to btg you are still early days we all felt like that at the start.Drink plenty of water rest when you need too and relax.If you have any questions just ask one of us will know the answer. Jess.xxx

Hi Eddie,

Welcome to the wonderful BTG family.

It's been a godsend to me, the light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

You're early into your recovery, so have lots of patience and understanding with yourself.

Have you read 'a letter from your brain'? It's on the home page, in inspiration,an excellent piece of writing.

Drink plenty of water, then more water, and then some more water! It really does help.

I wish you well with your recovery.

Take care and keep smiling,

SarahLou Xx

Welcome Ed, BTG is a lifesaver for most of us!

I remember coming home from hospital & praying every night for months to wake up the next morning I was so scared of it happening again. Now I am pretty relaxed about it knowing that I am as likely (or unlikely) to have an anni.

Jump in & come see us in the green room, its pretty busy right now but that means there is always someone to help if you need to ask anything

Hi Eddie, warm welcome to BTG. This is a group of big hearted and caring people who are there when we need them. We all share similar after care stories, we are left to our own devices to try and figure out what happened, what it means, and how to move forward. BTG is a wonderful place where loads of information is in one spot.

Sandi K. Xoxoxo

Welcome Eddie,

Great to have you along for a ride - ok so it's a rubbish gag - ask as many questions as you like. Don't hold back, the only daft question is the one you don't ask!?*. If we don't know an answer, one of us generally knows 'a man who can'

If you don't want to ask questions then just have a rant, let your feelings go, this is the place to do it - just doing that will make you feel better and you'll get some fabulous responses too

best wishes

Macca

Hi Eddie. So glad you found this site as early as you did. Its very frightening to have gone through what you have,to then be sent home without any real after care or information on recovery!

Come here often-its a tremendous help to have others to talk to who've been through the same things.

Take care. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Carolyn

Hi Eddie

Welcome to the site and to the family. Like everyone else, really glad you found us and so soon. I joined this site three weeks after my SAH in 2006 and I really don't know where I'd be without all the help and support I received back then - there were only 9 of us on here then :crazy:.

It is a long road to recovery (and I always say this) but you can make as many pit stops along the way as you need to. Ask anything you want, vent frustration and fear, or just come and chat and have a laugh - there are a tonne of fabulous people on here - just watch out for Win's singing :wink:.

At the moment, make sure you rest lots and drink plenty of water - it really does help with the headaches.

Look forward to chatting soon.