Food Pharmacy Two!!

The Tomato/ Heart

A Tomato has four chambers & is Red.

The Heart also has four chambers, & also Red

All of the research shows Tomatoes are packed with antioxidants including vitamins A for growth, healthy hair, skin, bones, teeth and eyes as well as resistance to respiratory infections. Vitamin C for anti-ageing, wound healing, decreasing blood cholesterol and prevention of infections. Assists the body in absorbing iron and Lycopene.

High in vitamin C they stimulate the bodies immune system.

ANTIOXIDANTS - Term used to describe a number of organic substances such as vitamins A, C & E, the mineral Selenium and 'Carotenoids' - the pigments which colour many fruits and vegetables.

Antioxidants are thought to help prevent cancers, heart and stroke problems by assisting in the 'mopping up' and expulsion from the body of substances known as 'free radicals' which can be created by exposure to various environmental pollutants.

Next Installment - Food Facts

Keith Henman :twisted:

Fellow Stroke Survivor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am the same and my tastes have changes as well i really taste my food these days as it also takes me ages to eat...i really have a thing about mushrooms and tomatoes i cant get enough of them :lol: I dont thinks your getting old Lauren we just appreciate our food more :wink:

michelle c

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I only caught the end but must look and see if it on I-Player etc online.

My tastes changed, used to hate Tea, Now love a cuppa.

I Find my Energy Levels a lot better when sticking to foods that are natural. E.g Dinners like Granny used to make. Cutting out anything artifical/ preservatives, cutting down on Caffeine etc. Still save a bit for a glass of wine, but grapes are natural. :D

Book I'm finding very helpful is "the diet doctors, Inside and Out."

Aine

Guest Beth1957
I read somewhere that tomato seeds contain nicotine! so all you smokers eat loads!

Caroline :D

Apparently aubergines do too; I can see myself living on ratatouille (or however it's spelled!) once I take the plunge into not smoking :D