Some news about Dee

Hi Tina and I'm so sorry to hear the news about Dee ..... how awful for you both....

Pass on my best wishes and give him a hug from me .....

and sending a big hug to you as well ..... you must be feeling at your wits end.... hope that they get him sorted and that he's feeling better soon.

Love K xx

Hi all

Thank you so much for all your kind wishes and thoughts, I will pass them all on today to Dee when I go and see him this afternoon.

I have just spoken to Dee and they are going to do some more tests today, he thinks that he might be home this evening or tomorrow.

He said that they are "not getting it" about his headache and pains med, after all I told them yesterday, guess I will need to speak to them again, Dee said he head was pounding this morning and he hadn't slept all night.

Thanks once again

Tina

Hi Tina,

Sounds as though you're going to have to sort them out ..... Hope that Dee is able to return home soon.....

My Dad had pancreatitis a few years back and was in a lot of pain ...... he was in hospital for about 4 days I think ...... the meds seemed to eventually sort him. Dad is one of those people that says very little about how he's feeling, as doesn't like to worry us, but he seems to be okay now.

Well, love to you both Tina ....xx

Poor Dee thought he was coming home today, not in so much pain, they allowed him to eat breakfast and lunch and if all was well he said they said he could some home, but i think there might have been some confusion on someone's part somewhere. We just saw the dr a short while ago and he said he was not happy for him to come home today :( as he still had some pain, he was going to write him up yet another pill for his stomach.

On my way back in an hour or so with some essentials and his pain meds for him as some staff get it right and some dont, they have said he can use his own medication he said.

That's all for now :D

Tina

x

Hi all,

Thanks for all your support and kind words. When Dee is well enough I will take them into him.

Dee had a much more settled afternoon and early evening today, we managed to get him a pta driver for his morphine so he is in control of it now and can give himself a dose when he needs it to keep pain levels under control.

At last they have a diagnosis, pancreatitis, even so this can be serious.

Today his blood showed raised levels of the enzymes they have been checking for which have not been raised previously, these show/indicate it is pancreatitis.

As soon as I walked in and saw him I knew because he was orange/yellow, I teased him about being "Tangoed"

I am so pleased the pain in under better control now and he is more settled, think I might have an appointment with a bottle of red this evening :)

Tina

xx

PS.......... Karen, he said thanks for calling me

Hi Tina,

At least the pain is under control for Dee .... which is the most important thing ..... hope that he has a good nights sleep and better day tomorrow .... you too ... it's been a nightmare for you both.

Tina, any time you want to have a natter, then you know where I am ... enjoy your wine and put your feet up, you certainly deserve it.

Love and hugs, K x