Guest richards

Guest richards

Afternoon everyone..I suffered an SAH back in 2001, didn't know this website exsisted. I was treated at Hull Royal Infirmary twice for my SAH. I am know the proud owner of 48 platinum coils!! after my right opthalmic artery decided to pop. For all the people who have recently fallen ill its a long haul, even after 7 years I still have good and bad days. I work part time still, 24 hours a week, and couldn't even think of returning full time. However my employers now want me to return back to my old job which is much more stressfull than my current role so I may have to leave my job.. seems like you only get support from certain areas when its beneficial to them..

Richard

Guest ElaineW

Hello and welcome - my mum's was six months ago so early days for her though she does try running before she can walk sometimes and gets very upset if she goes back. Everyone has a story to tell here which makes many peoples days more bearable.

Elaine

Hi Richard and welcome!

This website hasn't been running for that long really ..... 2006 or could have been late 2005....I think, but my memory lets me down....I had my SAH in July 2005. There wasn't a lot on offer as of support and don't think that there is now or nothing specific to SAH.

It's always good to hear from others that have been through the same and how they've coped and adapted to their life.

Hope that we will hear more from you.....xx

Guest Beth1957

Hi Richie & welcome :)

Thinking about your job; can your employers do that? Can you get them to let you stay as you are under disability legislation or the like? Do you have a union rep you can talk to? It just doesn't seem fair...

Hey Richie

Welcome to the site and to the family. I'm just over two years in and have made quite a good recovery - but 48 coils!!! WOW - I am truly humbled - I have nine!!!

This site is a fantastic place to be to get advice, sympathy or just chat - it's saved my life without a doubt.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Love Sami xxx

Hi Richard

Welcome, I'm still a NooB myself! Its always good to hear from people who have had SAH and gone on to make such a good recovery. My mum's was less than a month ago and things are still very uncertain, but I'm definately going to have to find out how many coils she had because 48 sounds like some kind of record! Maybe there should be a prize... :D

All the best

Jo