FORGETFUL

I FIND THAT SINCE MY SAH I FORGET WHAT I WAS DOING THE BIGGEST IS COOKING I AM ALWAYS GETTING SIDE TRACKED AND FORGET I HAVE FOOD COOKING MY POOR FAMILY ARE ALWAYS HAVING TO CHECK ON ME,

JIM KEEPS FIRE EXTINGUISHERS ALL OVER THE HOUSE THANKFULLY WE HAVE NOT HAD TOO USE ONE, AND IF I DID I DON'T KNOW IF I WOULD REMEMBER HOW HE SAID TO WORK IT :lol:

JUST WONDER IF ANYONE ELSE FEELS LIKE THE ABSENT MINDED PROFESSOR?

LOVE AND HUGS EVELYN

Hi

Sorry, what were you saying? :lol:

Like most here, my short term memory can be poor, but only at home. Like Myra, I might forget if I've taken my medication, forget if I've put sweetners in my tea, forget why I've just opened the fridge, things like that. At work, I often have to keep many details in my head, often quite technical ones, but I don't seem to have any trouble doing so.

Regards

Keith

Hi Evelyn :D Yes i am the same...drives me mad....always double checking myself and post it notes everywhere....i hope it will improve....but alot of people say it could just be my age as well :lol: Oh i am 46 LOL !! Love Tina xx

Hi Evelyn

I can relate to that. Quite often I go up town (or is it down town where u come from) and I forget what I was going for. My worst problem is medication, I take a very strong painkiller at certain times of day and sometimes I forget whether I have taken it and of course I am then stumped as I can't take them if I already have (does that make sense :roll: ) My wife now reminds me.

Cheers

John

Can so understand this one, I have a short term memory problem like most of us, I cant afford to be side tracked especially when cooking....

I also have no memories of my past this too has been since the SAH sometimes I say I'm like an intruder in my own life.....

I have 2 timers in the kitchen (used to have 3 one broke-miss the 3rd) handy if you've a couple of things on the go at the one time......

take care

Louise.x

Guest ElaineW

Yes my mum Maggie is definitely the absent minded professor (love that)!!! and going through a pretty bad time at the moment six months on, forgetting why she is ringing someone, calling people wrong names and her given up on cooking for the moment (I am her chef at the moment) - poor thing for her!!!! Finds it very upsetting to say the least. It must be really difficult and frustrating for you all.

Elaine

Me too, if the guys at the Nottingham meet remember :lol::lol: I'd left my grill on and got all the way to Nottingham before realising that I may have left it on. I got my sis to come and check and yes I'd left it on, lucky they live so close otherwise I could have come back to ashes.

Anything like that and i'm rubbish but Keith like you i remember lots of the stuff needed for work!

Love and hugs

Laura

Hello Evelyn,

OOOOOOh Yes I am the same "absent mind proffessor" that made me laugh :lol:

I used to be really good, knew where everything was, where everyone had left their stuff but always used to fill the bath and forget. Now i forget when cooking, don't seem to smell anything when it is cooking, forget half way through a conversation what i am talking about so everyone has to listen the first time or its gone :roll: even reading the posts i have to go back and re-read it again and again. very annoying

Hoping it will come back soon, whatever it was that has to come back :lol:

Love luck and laughter

Michelle C

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx