my story - Debbie

Guest debbie

Guest debbie

hi my name is debbie i am from northampton on the 15 november 08 i was driving my son to finedon and also took my daughter melissa she is 10 years old to irish dancing we had also been shopping at 2pm of that day i kissed my husband gerry as he was taking his father to the football just after he had left

i said to melissa shall we have a clear up in the garage so i went and picked up two carrier bags full of material and pop i said to melissa i have to sit for a minute as i didnt know what had happened she phoned her nan and there was no reply so she went to find a neigbour who came she knew there was something wrong and phoned the dr who said ring the ambulance in which she did

they came and walked me to the ambulance and sat me down as we drove off i passed out i remember coming around a little not remembering much but i was sick they gave me a scan and told my husband who had arrived that i had an sah they rushed me to oxford and sedated me the next day they gave me another scan and said that they had to opperate a.s.a.p. they coiled that one but had found another which has to be clipped

i have to go in march to speak to the surgeon to when i have to have the opperation when i returned home two weeks later i was told to rest and do nothing because i still didnt really know what an sah was i looked it up and found behindthegray its the best thing that has happened to me i have found it very very helpfull so thank you all for your support debbiexx SAH 15 NOV O8 STILL ONE TO BE TREATED

Hi Debbie :D

A very warm welcome to you....you will find this web site very friendly and supportive and it has lots of information to help you. So sorry i had to go earlier....had visitors...hope to chat with you soon...take care.

Love Tina xx

Guest ElaineW

Hello Debbie - I am a carer and have found this site so helpful as I know you will. You will make lots of new firiends.

Best of luck with your recovery.

Elaine

thank you to all who have sent messages to me i have been in the chat room and made many m8ts its the best thing i have done and every one is freindly and very very helpfull thanks again xxxxxxxxx

Hi Debbie

Sorry I had to rush off the other day - work (yawn!!! lol) Definitely looking forward to talking to you some more.

You are very early on in your recovery, so like I said to you in the chat room - the best advice at the moment is to listen to your body - it'll tell you when you need to rest. My favourite saying (from one of my husbands footie friends) "It's a long road to recovery, but you can take as many pit stops along the way as you need".

Take care hun - we're all here if you need to ask any questions, get something off your chest or just look for reassurance - don't be afraid to let us know - we all know how it feels.

Love Sami xxx

Hi Debbie

Welcome to the site. Early days for you but we're all proof that you'll come through. I read that you had a second annie to be treated? That happened to me. My SAH was in September 06; it was then they found the second one which was treated just over a year later (Oct 07). Both clipped.

For me, there was no question of not having the second one done as I couldn't live with the thought that it might burst. I'm coming along fine and I'm sure all will be ok for you. Just take one day at a time, as the others have said, and don't punish yourself if things don't happen quickly enough......there's always someone here to chat to, who's been through or is going through just what you may be and we all have a great sense of humour (that's necessary!)!!

Hope to chat soon

Sarah xx

sarah thank you for that post i would like to talk to you further if thats ok with you i had a really bad day yesturday but spoke on the chat room and was a bit better but i would like to ask you some questions if that ok on headaches,driving,how you feel thanks regards debbiexx

thanks again fore all your support you are all to nice im in the chat room most days if noone is around i leave the computer on if any one would like to chat your support is always welcome thanks again debbie xxx

Guest Beth1957
thanks again fore all your support you are all to nice im in the chat room most days if noone is around i leave the computer on if any one would like to chat your support is always welcome thanks again debbie xxx

Sorry Debbie, I'd like to chat but I can't use chat rooms these days - well, not very easily - my typing is so bad that without a spellchecker it comes out as complete gobbledegook! And I'm very very dlow lol.

Just wanted to explain that I'm not being unfriendly, just incompetent :wink:

Hi Debbie

Sorry not to have responded for a couple of days, not been on the site. Sure, would be happy to chat. Do you want to PM me? If you like you can either list some questions/concerns to which I can responde or let me have a phone number and I'll call you, whichever you prefer.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sarah xx