I m helpless

Guest kaantay

Guest kaantay

Hello everyone....First of all I appreciate the efforts put by all of you to help and support others....keep doing the good work and please welcome me in your family....

Now my case....

My mother had a SAH 6 days ago....on the 29th of january....When SAH hit her head she lost conciousness initially but on the 30th she regained it...we were happy.......But our hapiness didn't long more than a day.....On the 31st of january she had a re-bleeding.....and she went into deep coma.....also her breathing stopped immediately(Apnea)......she is now on respirator.....her blood circulation is also disturbed....we are controlling it with the help of medicines.....I m very desperate.....doctors say that the prognosis is poor but I believe that she will be alright one day....I need help, advice n support from you people....If a Neurosurgeon is reading this post, plz tell me what do you think abt my case...what is the prognosis??

Eager to hear from you ppl

WELCOME KAANTAY

FIRST OF ALL YOU ARE WELCOME AND WE ALL ARE HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER, AND I AM SO SORRY TO HERE THAT YOUR MOTHER HAS HAD AN SAH.

BUT WE ARE NOT DR. AND SO MANY THINGS CAN PLAY INTO THESE THINGS I REALLY HOPE AMD PRAY SHE CAN RECOVER BUT WE HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING,

PLEASE KNOW WE ARE HERE FOR YOU AND ALL WISH HER A GOOD RECOVERY.

XXX EVELYN

Hi Kaantay

A warm welcome to BTG.

I am sorry to hear about your mother, I hope and pray for her recovery.

It's hard to make any prognosis as we are not medical qualified but we are here for you for support and other advice.

Let us know how she is getting along and wish her a quick recovery.

Myra xx

hi kaantay

welcome to btg im sorry to hear about mum and what you are going through i am in the same situation but seven months down the line with the same prognoisise the brain is a very complex organ and has suffered a massive injury and it could take up to a month or so before the pressure reduces before mum settles all i could do was hold her hand and talk to her moving her fingers and hand to let her know i was there you can only talk to the consultant who is dealing with mum but if you feel mum might pull through then support her with talking and touching her thats all that kept me sane behind the grey kept me sane and allowed me to rant and rave when i found it hard going

i found it better as i kept a diary which i filled in daily what she was going through and what was going on in the outside world so that down the line she could read it or have it read to her if she is unable to read it im stilll keeping it up to date and im now into the second volume all you can do at this difficult time is to hold hands talk to her as the hearing is normally the last thing to shut down so you might be able to get through you say that you think mum will pull through your faith will guide you but please be aware that mum might decide she's to tired but if you talk to her and touch her it might get through it is a very very difficult time because we or you have no control its all down to mum and the dr who are supporting her and until the brain pressure starts to reduce noone will know whats going to happen think of nice times with mum the funnier the better and describe them to her and in time you might get a response but in all honesty it is very very early days i didnt get to see any improvement in lin for over a month you didnt say where you were in the country but as you say you are not going to give up and quite rightly but there is that horrible spectre hanging but by supporting mum talking and touching is all anyone can do untill the swelling goes down btg are a fantastic group they are surviors and carers of sah who care for people like us and offer there hands and thoughts and advice even though its not medical they have been through what we are going through we can rant and rave its twentyfour hours opening time and believe me it helps my thoughts are with you and my heart goes out to you at this difficult time you can pm me anytime but everyone on here will be praying for you to give you strenght to help you through this nightmare because thy have been through it before take care hugs and cuddles

Guest ElaineW

Sorry to hear about your mum, I went through the same with my mum 7 months ago - they told me at the time that mum had a very poor chance of survival but she is a marvel now, has gone back to her own home and lives alone. She has done very well as have all the others on this amazing site. The road is a very rocky one for a very long time with lots of ups and downs - 2 days following rarely being the same. My mum's name is Maggie and you can follow her story on this site. As Paul so rightly said the brain is a very complex thing and everyones recovery is different. I have read lots and lots up about SAH and I gather that in the first few days after a blled it is common to get a further bleed - I think they call them vasospasms. If you have access to the internet it offers lots of information or if you get a chance make an appointment with your mum's Neurosurgeon with a list of questions. My mum was in Intensive care unconscious pretty much for the first 2 weeks, just keep talking and holding her hand even though she may appear to be asleep (they probably have her heavy on sedation too). Keep in touch and my advice to you is just take each day as it comes and don't get too down if one day she seems a bit better and the next she does not; it seems to be part and parcel of the illness.

I also kept a diary and just kept asking the nurses question after question, look after yourself too. Hope to hear about your mum again soon.

Elaine

Guest kaantay

Thankyou very much everyone for your replies....I need your support and I already feel boosted and motivated after reading the replies.....I m glad I found you ppl.....and the good news is that my mother's Blood Pressure was a bit stable today.....I hope it remains that way.....

Hey there

Welcome to the site - you'll find lots of support and friendly people here.

So sorry to hear about your mum- I know it must be very hard for you right now. Like the others have said we can't offer medical advice only personal experience - which sometimes counts for more.

Stay positive and let your mum know that you're there - hold her hand, talk to her, tell about this horrible weather - anything so that she might be able to hear you're there.

Take care of yourself too - drop in anytime for advice or just someone to talk to.

Love Sami xxx

Guest kaantay

My mother died on 9th Feb.....but her death brought me even closer to her....Her death made me understand how much I love her.....

Thankyou all of you for your kind support....

Hi Kanntay....I am so sorry to hear your sad news, that your Mother has passed away... my thought are with you and your family.....God bless you, and remember we are always here for you. Lots of love and hugs to you. Love Tina xx

Guest ElaineW

I can only re-iterate what the others have said and feel so very sorry for you and your family. You mum would want you to be strong now. Take Care and thinking of you.

Elaine

Hey there

So very very sorry to hear your sad news. It's truly heartbreaking to hear news like this. Please feel free to carry on visiting here and talking if it helps you through this awful time.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

Lots of love and hugs to you all

Sami xxx

Guest Beth1957
My mother died on 9th Feb.....but her death brought me even closer to her....Her death made me understand how much I love her.....

Thankyou all of you for your kind support....

I'm so, so sorry.

Thinking of you

xxx