Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

By registering with us, you'll be able to view our forums in full as well as discuss, share and private message other members of Behind The Gray. Why not join us now?

It's five years since my SAH and same-day coiling.   

Whilst I've been really, really lucky, I've learned to cope with a naggingly persistent, low-grade headache, the common afternoon down-to-the-bone-marrow fatigue and a number of the cognitive challenges that many of us face. 

Folk around me, especially family, have come to terms with my occasional excessive grumpiness, my inability to multi-task (I was never much good at that!), my hit-or-miss memory and the late afternoon appointments with my pillow!

Now retired with plenty to look forward to, I keep myself busy with bits of lightweight volunteering, walking and watching sport.

Best wishes to everyone as we continue with our recoveries.

• Like 3

Congratulations! And well done from a fellow retiree. 

• Like 1

Congratulations on 5 years. Good to hear how much progress you have made. Enjoy retirement and the volunteering. 

• Like 1

Well done on the 5yr Ani-vesary...

• Like 1

Congratulations on your 5 year Ani-versary. Great to hear how well you are doing. Have fun volunteering and enjoy your retirement xx

• Like 1

Congratulations on the five years of progress as every year gives us a bit more comfort and advancement.  Super congrats on the retirement and volunteering!

Colleen

• Like 1

All what others have put and keep happy xxxx 

I wish you all happiness and everything that life can bring you xxxx

• Like 1

Hi and also well done 5 years on.

Great to hear how you are adapting your life around the SAH issues and being so positive.

Wishing you a long and happy retirement. 

Subs.

• Like 1

Well done on your 5th Anni .. I found that as the years went on, I learnt a little bit more and adapted to who I am now...it honestly does get better! Lots of love...xx

• Like 1

Dear Loose Wires - just love the name!

Congratulations on your 5th anniversary yesterday. Hopefully there is still room for a bit more recovery regarding those niggling things you mention.

It's my 11th anniversary in a few days and I still have those afternoon appointments with my pillow most days!   

Best wishes,

Sarah

• Like 1