One Year on today and what a day to celebrate!

At times I thought the one year 'anni' would never come, but it has and today my partner and I celebrated with dinner in our favorite restaurant, it was truly memorable, not only for the food but just being there :D Being normal, and once again feeling like 'me'. For much of the time after my SAH I felt that I had lost 'me', as things were so different, one minute a lively senior citizen and then when I came home six weeks later, there was this old woman looking out of the mirror at me! I felt old too, but now the energy is returning, it goes absent for short times, but all in all we progress and life is good again :!: I now intend to show everyone just how well I can do in the next year. Thanks to all friends on this board, for support, inspiration and above all companionship and helping to make me realise that there are others out there who can help, thanks to everyone who has made me welcome and especially to our Karen for Behind the Gray :)

Hi Perry

Happy 1st annie-versary, I am happy that you went to your favourite restaurant, you deserve it.

I hope the next year will be even better for both of us and can celebrate every year for this day will always be special.

Keep getting better and I wish you all happiness and joy.

Myra xx

Hi Perry and many congratulations on your 1st annie-versary! :D

I've always said that my 1st year seemed to be a very long one, especially not knowing what to expect with recovery ..... and yes, I think that you're right, when you say that you felt "lost" ..... think that it was the same for me.

I'm so glad that you and your partner celebrated and enjoyed the day ... here's to many more Perry! :D

Love Karen xx

Hi Perry

How good it is to hear you are feeling well, I am 10 months now and know what you mean when you say an old woman looked at you from the mirror - I felt exactly the same! after being fit and healthy one minute! time does heal and I feel better now and will continue to improve, (though still look old!!! :) ) it is a long haul!

Take care

Caroline

[Hi PERRY HAPPY 1ST YEAR ANNI...ITS SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A LOVELY TIME.

i KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN "LOST ME" I STILL FEEL LIKE THAT NOT KNOWING WHO IS "ME" BUT I WILL GET THERE ESPECIALLY WITH THE HELP AND SUPPORT OF YOU GUYS, SENDING LOVE AND HUGS.

lOVE LUCK AND LAUGHTER

mICHELLEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXcolor=#BF0040][/color]