Pins and Needles

Andi

Hello, I was just wondering if this was conected to my TIA, about 2years proir to my TIA i had real bad pins and needles in my arms it was almost to the point that when i picked up knives and forks to eat i had to put them down as i couldnt grip them, I had been to the Drs many times and said about them but they just told me it was through being overweight and smoking, seems like if i had an ingrowing nail it would have been caused by smoking and eating, anyways i was just wondering if this could have been conected as since my TIA i havent had them back at all, I know Ive lost weight and slowed right up on the smokes but could it have been all to do with it?

Probbaly me being stupid again but just thought has anyone else had experiences like this?

Many thanks for reading x

hi andy i havn't had pins and needles much in my life, didn't have them at the time of my sah and stroke, up until now 6months after it happened, i wake up with pins, needles and numbness in both hands especially my left - my effected one, docs not very concerned said it may be caused because of the anxiety i'm currently living with

Hi merrill my wife 6 months into her recovery has just started getting numbness and pins and needles in her left leg and very often she gets acheing in that leg, bad enough to keep her awake,just going to mention it to gp next time we go Good luck Rod

• 2 months later...
hi andy i havn't had pins and needles much in my life, didn't have them at the time of my sah and stroke, up until now 6months after it happened, i wake up with pins, needles and numbness in both hands especially my left - my effected one, docs not very concerned said it may be caused because of the anxiety i'm currently living with

I have suffered a lot of pins & needles after my SAH/stroke and numbness in my arms when I wake up. Doctors just suggested better pillows, but I bought a new memory foam bed and it's a lot better. Hope that helps.

Dawn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just catching up with the posts i still get lots of pins and neeedles in arms and legs and sometimes my fingers

Rod how did Merril get on at the gp with her pins and needles in her left arm and leg?? hope its all sorted.

The other night i was dreaming that my right arm and elbow hurt and guess what it was agony when i woke to go to the toilet.

Love all

Michelle c

Hi Michelle Merrill saw the GP who did'nt really have any answers about the pains and pins and needles, but now in her 10th month and it seems to be settling down she get a bit of cramp in her calf and foot and an achey left shoulder but i dont think the pain is as severe as it was as she does'nt complain like she did and since she has been on citalopram for the anxiety she sleeps much better at night, i think things seem to come and go and it's a matter of time that sorts them out

• 3 weeks later...

my partner had his SAH 6 mnths ago although he didnt get pins and needles at first,over the months hes noticed numbness in his left hand that seems to be getting worse over the last month or so,was wondering does anyone know what causes this?

Hi all,

I have had terrible pins and needles and cramps but was caused by statin(simvastatin) so if any of you are on this maybe you could ask dr for a change but please dont go without before discussing with gp first. This is my proffesional head working here !!! lol

take care all

love carol x

Cramps can sometimes be ruled out by a simple blood test and it needs to be mentioned to the GP.... I was found to be lacking in calcium + Vit D, Iron (folate) and both supplements have made a big difference. I also used to get pretty bad restless legs, but the supplements have improved this too.

my partners numbness in left hand is gettin worse lately. Hes finding it hard to hold things and says its most of the time now that his feeling has gone. Hes at GP tomorrow so hopefully he will shine some light on what is going on,just cant understand why its took 6 months for this numbness to start,he was fine straight after the SAH!!

• 8 months later...

I have the pin and needles to in my right leg an on my right side of body a lot sinces stroke got me . Inever had it before the stroke . Ican be walking or sitting our sleppying an bam it hits me electric wavesare going threw me . iv ask my doctor about it an he does not give me an answer . Iwas woundering if eny on mite know what it is .:-D

Hi Jo,

I'm glad you brought this thread to my attention today, as I hadn't noticed it before. I have developed pins and needles in my left hand ( little finger and ring finger only). Like Paris' partner, It started around six months from SAH time. It was sporadic at first but over time, has become constant. I have now seen my dr who has referred me for a Conductive Nerve Test. I hope this will show some sort of nerve blockage in order to rule out any head related issues. Am keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

Sally x

PS. I hope Paris can call back in and update us on how her partner got on.

Edited by sallym25
Spelling... again

• 3 months later...

I had a lot of pins and needles and numbness in my arm after my SAH and at times they did frighten me as I my left arm went numb when I had a SAH.

I bought a new memory foam mattress a couple of years ago and it solved it. I also think that when I was a sleep that I did not move much and this might also have added to it.

Hope that helps you.

If you sleep with someone, ask them it you move position as you sleep.

Take Care

Dawn

tina this sounds just like me i thought i was maybe just holding it funny or somthing :lol:

Hi Jo,

I'm glad you brought this thread to my attention today, as I hadn't noticed it before. I have developed pins and needles in my left hand ( little finger and ring finger only). Like Paris' partner, It started around six months from SAH time. It was sporadic at first but over time, has become constant. I have now seen my dr who has referred me for a Conductive Nerve Test. I hope this will show some sort of nerve blockage in order to rule out any head related issues. Am keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

Sally x

PS. I hope Paris can call back in and update us on how her partner got on.