Have to tell you all

Hi All,

I can't seem to think very well at the moment. I just need to tell you some of my story.

I had a Aneurysm sealed 10 years ago. I would have told you all about it in my story but I just couldnot find the right page to write it.

I had to see a Neurologist a few months ago about a problem I was having with my eyelids. He read my notes and thought I should have MRI scan to see make sure there was no blood coming out of the Aneurysm and everything was ok.

I had a letter back after the scan, saying that it was secure,but there was a tiny area adjacent to it, that looked a little suspicious that in fact a new Aneurysm could be forming,nothing like the other one which was resting on my optic nerve 10 years ago it was the size of a old 5p, thus I lost most of my sight in my left eye.

I went into Frenchay hospital three weeks ago to have another formal catheter angiogram done.

The doctor said they would have a meeting about it to see if they would have to do something or might leave it for another year give me another MRI scan to see what was going on.

The doctor has just rang me to tell me that they all thought it best that I go in to have it treated with a coil this time as the other had a ballon put into its not so big as the other sealed one. Coils would have just floated through it that one.

She said the hospital would get back to me when she could do it.

They rang back 10 mins later she can do it next Friday,have to go in on Thrusday afternoon to be ready for 9am the next day.

So I really needed to tell you, I am not sure how I feel at this moment. Have my weekly shopping to do tonight,I must try and just do what I have to.

Its seems so strange to me that I find you all this week,who would have thought I would need to talk to ones who understand what I have to go through again.

I know I have my dear husband and family but noone can ever know how we feel.

To think 10 years ago, I suppose I did'nt really understand all what happened to me and how I got through it all,BUT I DID. And I will again.

Thankyou all, I don't feel by myself this time I can talk and say what ever even if it seems silly.

If I have made many mistakes in this mail I am sorry,I just wanted to get it down and out.

Take care all Love Sonia xxx

Hi Sonia,

I would imagine that everything must feel very surreal at the minute ... I can understand how you're feeling, as I've still got a neck on my coiled aneurysm and recently discovered that I've got a bulge in an artery on the other side of my brain. I also had a warning or sentinel bleed, 4 years prior to the SAH & coiling. I often feel that I'm still living in limbo with it all and wonder when I will have to go through the same again ... hopefully, not with the brain haem though!

I've also experienced sight problems, a third nerve palsy and I must admit that I worry about losing my sight, especially as the new bulge is on the same artery that serves my other eye.

On the positive side, it's good that they're going to treat you so quickly, but can totally understand how you must be feeling at this minute and would imagine that you're just going through the motions and are probably experiencing a bit of shock with what you've heard.

Wishing you the very best of luck and sending love and hugs to you....xx

Sonia you are so brave to let us know this, especially when it has all happened so fast.

On the plus side, they have caught it soooo early and have made a quick decision. You know what to expect this time and shouldn't be afraid. I wish you and your family all the best. You know where we are, good luck.

Gary

Hi Sonia,

I'm sorry to hear you have this to deal with. But Good for you with the " I got through it all, and will again!" A positive attitude is a wonderful thing. I hope it all goes very smoothly and you will be back letting us know how you are soon afterwards. Keep talking beforehand too as we would like to help try you to try to prepare.

Sally xxx

Hi Sonia

Sorry that you're feeling blown away by the news today, but at least they are acting on the situation and taking preventative measures.

Must have been fate that you found us just before you got the news - and so glad that we can help you through this tough time.

I'll be thinking of you next week as I'll be travelling to Penzance on the train via Exeter so will be in "your neck of the woods" compared to where I live.

Sending you loads of hugs and lots of love

Hi All,

Many thanks for all your kind message,it means so much to know you are all in my corner. It can be hard trying to explain these sort of things to others,its not like a broken leg and you can see whats wrong.

Well its time for me to say goodnight.

I will certainly mail if I feel I need to talk about anything that I have on my mind.

My husband Trev hates it when I utter the words I have been thinking. Oh no not again,he dreads it some of the things I think about.

Life is about the journey, and we all travel along a few roads to get to the places we want to be at.

Take care. Love to you all. Sonia

Hi Sonia

So glad you've found us!

My husband's family live in Gloucester and we've had a few trips to Weston! Frenchay is a wonderful hospital (although the building's a bit old fashioned!) and I'm sure you will be well looked after. It's all happened a bit quick but maybe it's for the best, rather than have weeks to think about it.

Stay positive and take care.

Hi Sonia

I also believe things happen for a reason - you found us because you would need people who understand how you might be feeling.

Nothing you said is wrong or silly. I think I would also not know how to feel about it all. It must be a huge shock for you, but you do sound very positive.

At least they have booked you in very quickly. I hope it all goes well for you next Friday and you are back here telling us all about it, and making a good recovery.

Sending a big virtual hug your way :)

Take care

Kel x

Hi Sonia, you have come so far already, but must be dreading having to do it again. But the courage and positivity you have shown is what will get you through again.

Good luck next Friday, let us all know how you get on when you are able, we are all with you.

Take care,:wink: