Hi From New Member Tim

TimS

Hi everyone my name is Tim and had my SAH a year ago, went to bed as normal and no warning of what was about to happen about 4.30am.

If not for my wife waking I would not be here now!

Had my SAH coiled the following day and spent two weeks intensive care.

Left me with severe depression and a lot of learning difficulties to this day.

Found this website and reading your experiences I no longer feel alone.

Hi everyone my name is Tim and had my SAH a year ago, went to bed as normal and no warning of what was about to happen about 4.30am.

Hi Tim i am also a newbie i had a SAH in jan 2012 and was operated on twice first failed coiling and then 7/3/12 success with stent,blood flow divertor and coils .One annie had bled and other was smaller but they decided to fit a blood flow divertor as a precaution while they were doing the rest.I got discharged 10/3/12 and was fine until 2wks home and then i suffered a sinus infection followed by a massive reality check and now suffer badly at the moment with anxiety and stress.My g.p says its only natural after such a traumatic event.I have to take clopidegrel for three months and asprin for life.But hey as everyone around me keeps saying its a lot better than the alternative lol.

This website is a godsend though,so welcome Tim i wish you a full recovery

Tom

Hope you get good advice on here Tim...it has made me feel hmmm well, like I am not the only one who had this! and that in

itself is a help for me.......BTG has helped me, hope it can do same for you ..

Keep Chin up...

Good Luck and remember we all had good n bad days even before our brain went pop ....

Regards.

WinB143 x

Hi Tim, a warm welcome to BTG - I hope you find comfort in reading other people's accounts of what their experiences have been like. I found this site about 14 months after my sah and up till then it had felt quite lonely at times - not that I was alone - I had family around etc, but it's not the same as finding a group of people who fully understand because they have been through the same thing. I'm sure the support and friendship that this site offers will help you along your own journey of recovery and like you say, you no longer need to feel alone which is a great starting point.

Take care,

Sarah

Welcome Men!

This place is the thread that holds me together when things are rough. Where everyone understands you and your problems and joys. Nice you found this place so soon.

There is pleanty of good reading material in here that will help you so much.

Maryb.

:-D

Hello Tim,

Welcome to the site!!

I had my SAH 11 years ago and was very isolated and confused for sometime, I was told I'd had a stroke and joined a stroke community, but never met anyone else who'd survived an SAH so BTG was light at the end of a dark tunnel when Karen contacted me when she'd seen an article in a magazine about me.....

We're all here for a reason and it wasn't your "time"... the day of my SAH my husband was home from work almost two hours earlier than he usually was on a Saturday :) .....

Its very early days for you and I would like to say that we continue to improve ...(for ever) I hope!!!!

All The Best

Julie x x

Hi Tim

Welcome to the site and to the family. See my reply to John's intro and apply it to yourself too :wink:

I notice that you're from Falmouth - Cornwall is my favourite place on earth and one of my best friends moved down to Penzance not long after my SAH - I go down there at least once a year to stay with her.

I was in Devon when I had my SAH and was treated in Derriford - is this where you went?? Six years ago the treatment I received was amazing and the nursing staff were brilliant.

Look forward chatting soon.

Hi Tim,

Good to see you here! So glad you found us.

BTG has been my lifeline for a good while now - I truly don't know where I'd be without all of these wonderful people :)

So much information and support is right here at your fingertips, and someone is always around to answer questions or hold your hand through all of this.

It's comforting to know we're not alone in this.

Look forward to hearing more from you!

Carolyn

Hi Tim

Welcome to the site and to the family. See my reply to John's intro and apply it to yourself too :wink:

I notice that you're from Falmouth - Cornwall is my favourite place on earth and one of my best friends moved down to Penzance not long after my SAH - I go down there at least once a year to stay with her.

I was in Devon when I had my SAH and was treated in Derriford - is this where you went?? Six years ago the treatment I received was amazing and the nursing staff were brilliant.

Look forward chatting soon.

Hi Sami

Yes you are right Cornwall has to be one of the best places in the UK.

I was also treated at Derriford for my SAH and the nursing staff looked after me well and were very caring.

We used to have a lovely dog like yours, she was called "SKY" but we had to have her put to sleep in August of last year four months after my SAH which did not help matters!

All the best for now.

Tim

Welcome Tim!

I had my NASAH on January 28 and I am SO glad I found this. I was released from the hospital with literally the words, "Take it easy for a few weeks. We'll do an MRI in six months." I had no idea what I was in for, what had even really happened. I was standing at a movie theater, suddenly was struck with the "worst headache of my life" and life has changed dramatically ever since!

Fortunately I found here and I found some material from some UK resources (I'm in the US) and they described, to a T, what I was experiencing. "Take it easy for a few weeks" doesn't really cover all of the things you end up experiencing during recovery. If I never had found this I would have literally thought I was going crazy. No one I know personally has had this experience (a few friends have had strokes and one was a similar situation but caused by a vasospasm when he was in his 20s). Some treat me like I'm made of glass. Others treat me like "What? You're fine now, right?"

Through these people I learned to advocate for myself. I saw a new neurologist last week who took me out of work (I went back after four weeks to teaching full time), told me to drop my classes I teach (I'm a teacher and personal trainer/running coach), and said REST! "Your brain BLED! What don't you get about that?" were his words. Wow, now if only my original doctor had just said "Your brain bled. You must take it easy! You will recover, but it will take awhile and the more you push it, the longer it takes!" What a concept!

you're going to like it here!

Welcome Tim,

take things slowly - this condition takes some adjustment but we are all proof that life goes on and it is to be valued greatly. There are some great people on here - I'm still finding my wway around some of the threads! i can't believe how lucky I was to stumble acreoss this site and how positive they all are!

Macca