Hi im Cath from cardiff

cathmat

Hi everyone im new on here tried to post an article without much success . i had a sah on 16th november 2011 due to a berry aneurism , i had a coil embolisation and spent 3 weeks in neurology high dependancy , im still off work suffering with fatigue poor balance and vertigo , (including nausea) , still feel pretty awful and a little lost was hoping to chat to fellow survivors and compare stories and tips really

thanks for listening

Cath

Cath hello,

I had anni in 2009....was told I wouldn't walk....etc etc ....I limp along now for 100 yards then back goes..but considering I was told I would never walk...well onwards and upwards .........

Welcome to BTG....BTG has helped me a lot and my daughter when I was out of it... BTG is a place to give vent to your feelings and worries without being judged..as we have all been through it ..I had coil fitted but needed a shunt also...

Anway Welcome once again to BTG it is a lifesaver ... Forgot this bit.......others on here say drink plenty of water..........

So I do and I feel better for it.

All The Best

WinB143 xx

Edited by Winb143

thanks for replying nice to chat to you , physically i can walk short distances but the fatigue makes general day to day living difficult. still suffering from vertigo is that normal do you know ? its only been 6 months and feeling a bit sorry for myself , some days hard to be positive ,x

Hi Cath, welcome to BHG, I suffer from vertigo with nausea and poor balance and I had my SAH 8 years ago. I have to use a walking frame all of the time.

That is not to say that yours won't improve. We are all different in terms of recovery.

You are still in the early stages of recovery, listen to your body and know when to call it a day. Drinking plenty of water helps with any headaches.

Your article will be in for moderation and should appear fairly soon, it is a bank holiday so it may take a little longer than usual.

Hi again Cath,

When I used to stand I felt giddy but someone told me to stand up then after standing for a few secs or more then take steps..it

helps me ...It is early days for you Cath...but trust me you will feel better....I was out of it for 4 months...Family said I spoke but

I cannot remember a thing the first 4 months...lol

You look back 3 weeks frrom this date and see if you have improved ..bet you say "Yeahhhh I have"...might be small steps ..but you will keep improving.....if you are unsure always consult Doc...but I know you will improve as I have been thru the same xx

Good Luck and never give up...what gave me hope was a woman said on here "I had SAH 19 years ago" ..I was so pleased yeahhh 19 years so there is life after SAH x Keep smiling and singing Cath

Love

WinB143 xx

Edited by Winb143

Hi Cath

Welcome to the site and to the family. It's all a bit scary at first but you seem to be doing really well. For me the first year was the most draining emotionally and physically but it definitely does get easier. I'm 6 years post SAH in August and I hardly even think about it now. Coming on BTG lets me give back the support I received all that time ago.

Feel free to ask anything, share your fears, your goals and your achievements - we're a great bunch of friendly people with a wealth of support and sympathy (and a little singing -that'll be Win :wink: )

Get plenty of rest and drink plenty of water - it definitely helps with the headaches.

Take care of you

Hi Cath, and warm welcomes. You've come to the right place for support and advice.

I am 7months post SAH - and its not been an easy ride - a real roller coaster of emotions - i understand your feelings of feeling alone even tho you have great family and friends around you - it's not unusual to suffer levels of depression as you will find on this site, most of us have gone or are going thro it.

You will find this site a source of information and support, full of lovely friendly people - it's a comfort to know you are not alone or you are not the only one to have suffered and survived a SAH.

Its a great site for answering your questions but also a place to let of steam and have a good rant and rave to people who know.

look forward to chatting soon

Hi Cath,

I am going on 8 months post SAH. We all are special and unique in our own way before and after SAH. It all depends on which part of your brain is affected as well. I am dissappointed Dr.s did not tell me more as I had not a clue I would be facing this much recovery. I truly thought I would be back to work in a few weeks. No one bothered to tell me 3 months for the brain to heal from the trauma alone- that is wound healing as in the "wound" not mental and physical recovery. I just recently had a big step forward..........I just started to keep a journal and I am not that great about writing in it. BUT I wish I would of started it earlier on as suggested so I would have a reference to my recovery. It would be so helpful at Dr. appointments etc as well.

Welcome to BTG, it has been truly the best thing for me. I would rate it right above water areobics! Not to say WA was not hard for me in the beginning but it is a God send now!! I wonder now looking back at it if that is why I had my big step forward??? HUM? I depend on these "friends" I have made in BTG to keep me in the game and positive. I really mean that as no one really understands how exhausting it is to THINK about your foot placement with each step you take or with memory issues. I am thankful to alive and thankful I found this website.

MaryB

Hi Cath, a warm welcome to BTG - I hope, now you've found us, that you will find some useful information and no longer feel you are so alone in coping with the after effects of sah. I can't really advise on the vertigo and balance issues as I did not experience those, although I know it is quite a common problem. Hopefully in time this will improve for you - you are still at the very early stages of recovery and most symptoms do appear to improve over time. I only had a few incidents whereby the ground seemed to be swaying and it was always worse if I was in crowded places.

I wish you all the best in your recovery,

Take care,

Sarah

Wow thanks everyone for replying uve all put a smile on my miserable face:lol:ive learnt more form you guys in 2 days than i ve learned in the last 5 months . im beginning to realise its a marathon and not a sprint even though prior to my near death experience as we in my social circle like to call it i was more hare than tortoise. i just thoughti was gonna wake up and feel myself again , another preconception i fear . i t5hink my buzz word for today will be adaptatin while healing . what you think ?

PS LOVE YOUR SENSE OF HUMOUR , LAUGHTER WHILST BEING THIN ON THE GROUND AT THE MO KEEEPS ME SANE X

Hi cath & welcome to BTG. It certainly helps to have laughter in your day, I'm sure it helps with the healing.

I think it was LIn Lin that said if you broke a leg you would be off if for 6 weeks while the bone healed. Your brain is a huge complex organ & even when asleep is carrying out so many functions we take for granted. Its not suprising it takes a long time for it to heal physicallly & emotionally even longer. I am almost 2 years post clipping & I still don't feel emotionally healed but I am getting there. I know without BTG it would take much longer & be far lonlier!!

WE;re always here to make you giggle or offer advice (I'm not so great on making people laugh tho!)