Hi all

Feeling really fed up today, 3 weeks after my sah.

I can't do anything wanted to take son to school this morning and just couldn't do it, felt dizzy and sick with a headache so went back to bed :-(

I finish my course of nimodipine today so at least I won't have to take tablets every 4 hours, I'm a bit anxious stopping taking them though.

Phil

Hi Phil :)

Its such very early days for you, you have been through a major trauma... don't be so hard on yourself.

At 3 weeks I was still in hospital and not capable of even walking !

Please just rest up  and as Jess says drink plenty of water & listen to your body.

Try not to worry, baby steps. If you push too hard you will go backwards in your recovery.

Take care, things will get better xx

• Like 1

Phil,

I am amazed you are up on your feet, let alone taking your son to school.  Slow down a bit, your body has a way of telling you that you are going to fast for it to cope at this early stage!

I wasn't able to go for a walk for months, and then only a few paces at a time.  Keep drinking water as Tina says.  It's a natural thing to want to get back to how you were Phil, inside you are thinking you don't want to let anyone down, but you aren't letting anyone down.

You need time out to recover, you've had a serious knock.  And if you notice anything untoward after stopping your pills, get straight back to your doctor and let them know pronto - don't dwell on it, just do it, that's what they're there for.

Good luck Phil

Macca

There is no way you can just bounce back like nothing ever happened. Nice thought though. After three weeks I had to take my daughter to the bus stop and the side road I live on is fairly long and there was no way I was walking that. My husband bought me a golf cart and off we went. It was still painful and I actually did run off the road and I can't tell you the number of days I cried all the way back to my house after I put her on the bus.

Give yourself breathing room. You can only take it one day at a time.

I

Oh Honey, taking your son to school will be asking WAY too much of your brain. The input of the traffic, the decisions you will have to make, the lights, the sounds...just don't do it. We all wanted to just get back to life immediately but the brain has a mind of its own both literally and figuratively. 

You have suffered a traumatic brain injury. You must remember that and you must act accordingly.

Thank you all for your kind words and support.

I am finding it very hard to come to terms with what has happened, I have never been ill in the past.

Tried to do too much again this morning and ended up in bed for most of the day.

I just want to be ok and do normal stuff :-(

Phil

That, we all wanted to do and I think we all learned the hard way that recovery takes a very long time in most cases. It is difficult to train yourself to do this when you have always been fit and active but eventually realisation comes.

Drinking lots of water really does help, believe it or not.

Possibly not your preferred beverage but ..... ;)

I got so scared that I knew I was close to death. I listened to everything the doctors and physio told me. I laid on the couch for 6 weeks. Dark glasses, ice packs, worst headache, lots of lots of naps and so dizzy and nauseous. I did NOTHING. For the first time in my life I stopped doing all the things I thought I had to do. I took no phone calls as I just couldnt talk.

I have never had a serious illness. I work out with a trainer 3x a week, Healthy and full of energy. Then Kapowwwww!!!

Now almost 4 months it is a miracle. The doctors say I am a Superstar. Really nothing wrong except a bit of dizziness bending over,

I am not crazy working out. I take breaks. I dont have to be places and most of all not having people in my life who stress me out. I have changed my life. Please change your life and you will get better.

• Like 3

keep your spirits up.  I still see signs of healing after years!  Be kind to yourself and let your brain heal at it's own pace.  Your mind has no control over how fast or slow this will be so just let it unfold.  Your brain is so much bigger than your little mind that thinks it's thoughts are so grand.

Most of your brain is charged with doing things that are not under conscious control and those parts need to heal as well.  3 weeks is still so early, and yet so ripe for healing.  Your life has so much potential right now for change as well as relearning.  Watch it unfold with curiosity and it will happen for you.

~Kris

• Like 2

Like Penny say's we've all wanted that Phil, you have to be patient I know its hard but believe me it'll happen....

Hope your taking things a lot slower and listening to your body when it says 'stop' drinking plenty and just chillin....

Take care