Dizziness

Hi, I am eighteen months post Sah with coiling.  I am just so tired each day worse than the first few months. I also get dizziness if turn head quickly. Am panicking it could all happen again. Any other members experienced these symptoms. Thank you Behind the Gray for support. You don’t feel so alone!!

Hi Anne :)

At 18 months i also got so very tired doing the smallest of things. I  think it is because you are trying to do more each day and forget to rest up. I now have learnt how to pace myself, sometimes still catches me out ;) . If i have my Grandchildren, the next day i have to rest up. Like you, i just cant say no to them, they bring so much joy  :) 

As for the dizziness i get that too. Sudden movements can put me off balance sometimes. It is still early days for you and things will hopefully improve.  Wise words from Jess, go steady, rest up plenty and remember to drink lots of water.

Take care and let us know how you are doing xx  

Thank you also Tina. This site gives so much re-assurance to everyone. I know we just have to do what our bodies are telling us to. I have done well with just seems my short term memory is affected and ringing in my left ear (opposite side to my aneurysm) and tiredness. I also had back surgery six months after my aneurysm so my body is probably wondering what is going on!!

I will keep you updated. Thank you . You take care xx

Hi Anne,

Welcome to BTG, 

I jump up to go to the loo and get very giddy and they said on here, sit up slowly then swing legs out of bed still sitting and gradually get up.  I have found a slower pace does help getting over the giddies,  if I jump up quick I sway lol . 

Listen to the others and pace yourself at a pace you are not used to it will help.  I had coiling also.

Now go and enjoy your G/Children tell them Nanny needs a few quiet times  xxxx

Be Well xxxx 

Win 

Hi Anne, I also get dizziness even after 14 years. My balance is shot too. So much so I have to use a walking frame.

Any movement of my head, be it up down or side to side causes severe dizziness. I have learnt to cope with it by moving my head about very slowly, a bit of a nightmare when crossing roads. Another thing I do is to focus on a fixed point when I am moving about then slowly move my focus to another fixed point.

When in the car I focus on something ahead then change the point of focus slowly as we travel.

My dizziness is so severe that I am not allowed to drive anymore, sadly. Personally, I know that I would be a danger on the road.

Yes me too Anne...when I turn my head quickly I get a wavy feeling...perhaps you could say dizzy...I like my husband to walk in front of me instead of behind (which is where he would like to be so he can keep eye on me). as I resist turning to look at him to say something because of this feeling. 

I am 17 months out from a SAH and vasospasm.  I do continue to see improvement, perhaps some physical and some from me learning what my body will now tolerate.   I am fortunate that when I am seated the moving motion feeling stops.  I totally agree with you feeling not so alone after finding BTG...I think in many ways the folks here have been a big part of my healing..

Jean

Hi Anne,

I too still have bouts of dizziness 4 years since SAH, it was worse in the beginning but it has improved as time has gone on, I do compensate by doing things a bit slower than I used to.

The fatigue is probably the worst thing to cope with, it is still early days with your recovery as Tina said, things will improve as time goes on, just make sure you stay well hydrated and rest up when you are tired, listen to your body and brain as they will let you know if you over do it.

Try to slow things down a little bit, I'm sure things will start to improve, If you are very worried speaking to your GP may help to put your mind at ease.

Good luck, I hope things start to settle down soon for you.

Love 

Michelle xx 

• 4 weeks later...

Don't forget that if you had a large bleed there may be areas that have been damaged a little by the swelling, in these areas the fluid build up of CFS can one often happens, it'll naturally drain away.

Sometimes if there's a little more floating around you may notice this when you move suddenly. It's the same sort of sensation if you get up way to fast.

It can be very unnerving at times and we worry a lot about it. I get it all the time too. I lay down and gentle roll my head and can often feel a drain happen,  then the feeling goes away. 

I hate it when this happens when I'm walking as I get all wobbly and I think I'll topple over! 

Always rest often and take extra time to do what it is you're doing..

As Chelle and others said I also get Dizzy spells, just turning onto my shunt makes me go giddy.

It gets better or we know how to handle it better, or become used to it and take things slower xx

Listen to only happy talks and not others worries we need to think about our brain !!! 

Always keep a smile at hand when possible.  Good luck xxxx

Thank you so much for your kind reply WinB123 and Delta 157. It is so comforting to know that others have or are experiencing the same thing. You just tend to worry about the slightest pain or abnormality!  Wishing you all the very best. Kind regards 

Anne, you are not alone I am 2 years in November  when I had mine and shunt put in I am still always so tired and yes when I turn my head quickly I do get dizzy or if I bend down and get up to quickly.  This is all part of it I have been told.  Best of luck to you,

Hi Annie, I am also a Newbie (6 months post SAH). And, I am a grandma. I know what you mean about the constant feeling of tiredness and wanting to play with grandchildren. It is funny ~ but now my grandsons know that if I come over I usually end up on the couch for a quick nap. One or two will usually join me for part of the time (twins 6, another 7 and oldest 8 ~ all boys).

Like Super Mario ~ I have learned to focus on a fixed point and turn my head slowly to another fixed point (learned this in PT) ~ it does help. Again, the "no energy" thing is a bummer. I am the old lady you see reclining on a park bench while the grandsons play (UGH). I'm not embarrassed anymore. When fatigue hits ~ I have to lie down and rest.

Best to you. Kathy

Archived