One Year Anniversary of my second anni and some bittersweet news

Hello everyone,

It has been an eventful past 2 weeks to say the least. 

My second SAH was in July 17th 2020. It has been very challenging but being off during the peak of the pandemic was a blessing in disguise being a healthcare worker. There were lots of ups and downs but I do enjoy and treasure my time with my now 8 year old boy and my husband. I am grateful for them and to my very supportive family and friends and of course my BTG family. Thank you all!

Fast forward to July 6, 2021, I had a routine MRI and July 9th a Cerebral Angiogram which are usually performed close to the 1 year anniversary. While in recovery after my angio, my Neurosurgeon and his Fellow who performed my angio came to see me. Unfortunately, they saw irregularities in my MRI and the angio also confirmed that. I was still half sedated at this point so this is most of what I can recall.

He said my aneurysm is shifting and proving to be complicated. He recommends clipping it. He explained the risks. My surgery date is September 13th. I asked what should I do or should not do while waiting for my surgery and he said nothing really. I asked the dreaded question of will it rupture and his answer was it's low probability but not zero. 

I thought of all my other questions after he left. I was in shock. My last MRI was in January and it was stable. How did it drastically change? I thought of giving him a call but after the initial shock I thought whatever will be, will be. My first SAH was in 2010. My second in 2020 was so unexpected and unexplainable. I thankfully survived both. I have learned not to ask the whys anymore and just let go.

I am glad they caught it. It is bittersweet news. I go through waves of varying emotions but have to be strong for my boys. This too I will overcome! 💪 

Also, I can't wait to rock my clipping scar. 😊 

• Like 2

So sorry you have to have another operation but I am sure you will be fine its on the 19th anniversary of my op to clip my ruptured aneurysm xxx

Try not to worry they called the clipping of my second aneurysm routine relax whilst recovering and don't do to much drink plenty of water xxx

Good luck you will be fine xxx

• Like 2

Hello Ann ...yours is quite a story to share! You have done so well to cope with all that has happened.

A second aneurysm 10 years after the first and now a year on finding you have to return for the clipping procedure ..... I can't imagine how you and your family are dealing with the pressures and anxieties.

At least you have that date in September to focus on and the relief  that afterwards you can recover and move forward.

Wishing you good strength for the weeks you and your family must wait.

Many thanks for the posts you have shared with our members especially in the past year.

Subs

• Like 2

Hi Ann

You have been through so much and yet you find strength for your boys❤️  I send you sincere wishes for continued strength waiting for your September date ...I think you will indeed rock that clipping scar xoxo

Jean

• Like 2

Thanks, Jess, Subs and Jean. 

For those of you who have clipping done, I understand that everybody is different but how was recovery? Timewise? 

And if you've had coiling and clipping, what are the major differences that you have experienced?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

Hi Ann :) 

Bless you, as the others have said, you have been through so much and now this. Thank goodness they did pick it up. I cant imagine the waves of varying emotions you must be going through, also your family. You are one very strong amazing lovely lady and you will get through this and yes....you will rock that clipping scar :) 💪 xx

Hoping September 13th will come round quickly and wishing you a speedy recovery. Very positive news from Jess :thumbsup:

Thank you also for all your caring supportive posts to others xx

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Take care

Love Tina xx

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi Ann :) 

Will be thinking of you tomorrow, just wanted to wish you well for your surgery and for a speedy recovery.

Take care lovely lady and when you feel up to it please let us know how you are doing.

Take care

Love Tina xx

• Like 3

You’ve been in my thoughts today Ann. I hope the meds they gave have been kind and the surgery has gone ok.

Now take your time and recover gently and use all the wisdom and tips of what you have learnt over the last few years to help you in that, 

Go steady,healing thoughts being sent your way, daff x 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone!

I'm doing well. Taking it one day at a time. I still feel some "fullness" in my head. I am able to do more each day then I get so exhausted and fatigued so have to watch that. I appreciate all your well wishes! 

Take care,

Ann

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1