Hello Everyone - Grace

Grace

Hello Everyone,

First, I want to say that this is a great support group. For the past month, I have read forums and articles, which have been so helpful. Now I know I’m not alone.

My SAH occurred on March 21, 2010 while I was working out with my trainer at the gym. After several repetitions on a weight machine, I felt a tremendous amount of pressure in my head. I knew something happened but I didn’t know what. I was about to tell my trainer when I became unconscious. My trainer caught me as I was falling off the machine. I was flailing while I was unconscious. When I became conscious, I could feel severe pain in the back of my head.

I was rushed to the nearest hospital. Now thank goodness my trainer witnessed what happened because a couple of doctors ran out to ask him what happened. I know his answer helped the emergency room decide to scan my head. The scan showed the blood in my head but there was nothing this hospital could do.

I was then rushed to a major hospital where two aneurysms were found. The one on the left side of my head had ruptured. The surgery (clipping) to stop the bleeding was explained to me and I had to sign papers to agree to the surgery on the next day. Then I finally reached my family, who live 200 miles away.

Three months after the SAH, I had the unruptured aneurysm on the right side of my head treated with the same surgery.

I am recovering but still have fatigue and would have more depression and anxiety if I wasn’t on medication. I am planning to see a neuropsychologist and a neurologist.

Thanks for listening!

Hello Grace,

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will be glad you joined. Everyone is very helpful and any questions you have will almost certainly relate to someone who will offer support. How awful for you to have had to have two clipping ops. I can't imagine how awful that must have been for you. I was depressed enough after only one. You do sound like you're coping well with it too. Well done for that. Hope you will continue to be so positive as your recovery progresses. It's still very early days for you.

Take care, rest plenty and look after yourself. I hope we will hear more from you again soon.

Sally xx

Hi Grace a very warm welcome to you :) I was also clipped....you have done amazingly well ! Glad you found us and look forward to hearing more from you. Good luck with your appointments. Take care Love Tina xx

Hi grace & welcome to BTG. I was also clipped but once is enough for me, I was told there might be another anni at my last review & couldn't get my head around the idea of another op so I think you are amazing to have gone through 2 clippings so well.

Looking forward to talking to you some more

Welcome Grace. Great to hear how you are after two ops as I am waiting to find out if I am going back in December for another coiling and am terrified. It's only when you read stories like yours that you realise that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Hello Grace and welcome.Being able to post at this early stage is marvelous,well done you.You seem to have a really good attitude after all you have been through. Be kind to yourself and don't try to rush your recovery,it will move at it's own pace.Look forward to sharing your experiences with you in the future.:-D

Welcome Grace! Glad you found this site - it has been most helpful for me. I'm 9 mo. post SAH and coiling. You do sound like you're doing well - keep up the good work :wink: Everyone here will help get you through this, even though we're all miles apart. I see you're in US. Me too. Look forward to hearing more from you!

Carolyn

Hi Grace

Welcome to the site!

As the others have said you will always find someone to answer you questions, or posts if you're feeling happy or sad.

You do indeed sound like you are doing remarkably well having endured 2 ops now. I was coiled so don't know how it is after clipping, but we all seem to generally suffer similar symptoms post-SAH.

Good luck for your continued recovery :D

Look forward to hearing more from you

Take care

Kel x

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

I was very nervous before the second surgery. I decided to treat the unruptured aneurysm because I wanted to get anything “aneurysm related” out of the way. I thought after the second surgery, I would be completely relieved and jumping for joy. (Well, actually, I looked like I was ready for Halloween.) I didn’t realize that recovery can be an “emotional rollercoaster.”

I hope that I can be as helpful as this site is for me.

Hey Grace

Welcome to the site and to the family. My SAH was four years ago and I have two anuerysms - both coiled, one ruptured. Over the years this site has given me comfort, hope and above all - great friends.

It's a great feeling when you're at the point where you can help others who are in a place you were yourself knowing that you can help them through it - before long you will be one of those people.

Make sure you get plenty of rest and listen to your body - it'll tell you when its had enough.

Look forward to getting to know you.