feeling down

bay

hi everyone, im mum of 3 with a loving partner,for the last 7 years or so ,i kept going to the docs about headaches ,feeling dizzy, thery just kept saying anxiety , but i kept saying that i had nothing wrong with my head it was just these symptoms, they kept palming me off with AD,which i would take then stop them cause i couldnt cope with side effects,so then came across a site called power surge, its about menopause ,my hormones were all out of whack so this is what i put it down to ie,dizzys,headaches,blurry vision etc, just learned to deal with it. then 1 day 23rd may 2010 i went to pick my son up from my brothers, we were just chatting all of a sudden ,i bent forward and it was like when you yawn your ears feel muffled then they pop, but they didnt pop then came the headache,my partner sat me down ,then i started to shake,they phoned for an ambulance ,rushed me off,got to the hospital i started to scream cause of the lights and thats all i could remember.i ended up with 2 aneurysms ,one which burst,they coiled both ,was in hospital for 2 wks ,ive had all the tests done since then i.e ct,mri,angio everything came back fine. i went to see consultant after all tests he said the good news is that im prob healthy as my partner cus of all the tests done , but the bad news is i have brain damage frontal lobe. this means my concentration isnt good and my short term memory isnt either. my headaches seem to be 2 wks on 2 wks off, but just lately i feel as though my head feels bruised and tender spots, and i have the feeling of passing out which comes from the back of the head then it passes and the cold water sensation over my head now thats weird, i dont know anyone else but when i get the headaches my eyes really ache and my forehead where the anerysm burst ,tingles and feels tight, i also i get the feeling sick that comes and goes it comes in waves, i know this seems long but i dont know who to talk to,but is this all normal.

Hi Bay and welcome to BTG from reading your post it sounds very much like how im feeling im just behind u 3rd may 2010. my headaches are constant and im going to see a consultant soon. I would keep going back to your doctor and tell them u need help. Did you stop your AD without your doctor advice if so i would ask to try different one rather than just stop this could be causing more headache. Anytime you feel down just come on here there is always someone to answer any questions you have.

Also drinks lots of water i find this helps when my head is really sore.

Please take care and speak to your doctor

anytime you want to talk just pm me

Donna

hi bay

welcome to the site you are in the very early stages of your recovery many of the symptoms you are describing are the same as many on here and will come on to say hello we are hear to support people who have come through such a nightmare all i can say is it does get better over time rant and rave on here if it helps just take one day at a time and if your worried about anything talk to your gp and consultant take care and stay safe

Hell Bay and welcome,

You have just described exactly how I am feeling at the moment and I am 2 1/2 years in x x

My doctors says all these feelings are normal so I am agreeing with them x x Like yourself I have a little one but you have 3 :-D (No wonder you feel dizzy).....

Everyone has different sensations and feelings and one piece of information I always remember is my Neuro nurse (Jayne at QMC) says its ok to have headaches because when my annie burst it was like my head had been hit by a bus x x so Has long as I dont have that feeling everything is going well x x

EVERYONE has anxiety already in them BUT after something tragic happens it triggers it and your guard comes up and you have anxiety worse because of all the triggers in your mind x x

Its a long emotional process of recovering x x

Hope this helps a little I have gone on abit :lol:

Keep smiling hun x x

if you want to message me you can x x I am going through anxiety the same has yourself x x good days and bad x x but we are survivours x x :-D:-D

tc lots love

donna

xxxxx

(I think we are nearly neighbours I live in derbyshire)

Hi Bay and welcome to BTG from reading your post it sounds very much like how im feeling im just behind u 3rd may 2010. my headaches are constant and im going to see a consultant soon. I would keep going back to your doctor and tell them u need help. Did you stop your AD without your doctor advice if so i would ask to try different one rather than just stop this could be causing more headache. Anytime you feel down just come on here there is always someone to answer any questions you have.

Also drinks lots of water i find this helps when my head is really sore.

Please take care and speak to your doctor

anytime you want to talk just pm me

Donna

hi donna, the ad im not taking, ive never really took them, because i always said i didnt have anxiety they were trying to treat me for something i didnt have , i try not to take my pain killers because i think it might be rebound headaches, i dont know about you but when it comes round to my cycle ,i get really bad headaches and dizzys, i just want to know ,does it ever get easier, i just want be normal, the memory thing is awful and embarrassing, not to others just for me. dawn x

Hi Bay

Im going through anxiety at the moment as Donna said.

My SAH was 29th June 2010 not quite 6 months yet so quite early. But i was fine Aug, Sept then all of a sudden in Oct 21010 started feeing very strange. Cant explain just weird dizzy feeing in my head like im here but not here if you know what i mean. Ive been told its the healing and anxiety that is causing it as i panic when i get strange head feelings. I also get strange feelings at night when im trying to sleep like im not in my body and jolts me awake. This in turn panics me and brings on anxiety.

It really does help talking on here when you realise we all have similar things going on.

Tracy S xxx

Hi Bay

Im going through anxiety at the moment as Donna said.

My SAH was 29th June 2010 not quite 6 months yet so quite early. But i was fine Aug, Sept then all of a sudden in Oct 21010 started feeing very strange. Cant explain just weird dizzy feeing in my head like im here but not here if you know what i mean. Ive been told its the healing and anxiety that is causing it as i panic when i get strange head feelings. I also get strange feelings at night when im trying to sleep like im not in my body and jolts me awake. This in turn panics me and brings on anxiety.

It really does help talking on here when you realise we all have similar things going on.

Tracy S xxx

hi tracy, i to was like this ,at first i was really bad ,then i started getting a few days where it was good,so i would make the most of those days then i would end up in bed for a week,then i was going 2wks good then 2 wks bad,but this month ive been really bad its like im going back again ,ive had all the tests done and everything is normal, i know i have brain damage to the frontal lobe but thats where my short memory issue comes into it,but the sore spots on my head and my eyes hurting and tightness across the forehead really get me down, i just hope that i get my good days back again.dawn x

hi donna, the ad im not taking, ive never really took them, because i always said i didnt have anxiety they were trying to treat me for something i didnt have , i try not to take my pain killers because i think it might be rebound headaches, i dont know about you but when it comes round to my cycle ,i get really bad headaches and dizzys, i just want to know ,does it ever get easier, i just want be normal, the memory thing is awful and embarrassing, not to others just for me. dawn x

HI Bay HAVE PM YOU :-D

Hi Bay, welcome to the site :)

I have to say that it really is quite early into your recovery, and it does take a long time to recover, both physically and emotionally. A good bit of advice is to listen to your body and rest as much as you can, and also drink lots of water. Hard, when you have children, and household stuff to do!

I am three and a half years from my SAH and I still get frustrated by my memory problems, but most of the time manage to laugh about it, and people close to me know about it and help me out if I get stuck.

Headway are good people to get in touch with and also possibly seeing a counsellor might help .

Hope this helps

Vivien

Hi bay, you feelings are very familiar to em. I cna totally empathise with you on the feelign down. I go throuhg phases of feelingok & then dip suddenly & drastically. I am seeing a nurophysch in Jan for help with mood management & the emotional side fo the operation. As for the headaches lots of rest is key as well s drinking lotd of water. I only have one child so I take my hat off to you with three.

Take care & keep talking on here

xx

Hello Bay, and welcome! I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. If I can try and give you any advice it would be to RELAX. Easier said than done, but you need to find time for yourself, so you can chill. Relaxation or meditation tapes (I have some on my iPhone) are very helpful with this. I also found the neuropsychologist very helpful - the hospital referred me. She helped me with counselling and then did all the assessments so that I now have a report that explains all the issues with my memory, facial recognition etc etc.

Also don't forget the 3 litres of water a day - try using low cal squash in it to make it more palatable.

Last but not least, it DOES ease with time. I felt like someone flicked a switch at 9 months post-op. I'm not back to "normal" yet, but I get so much less tired, my memory is improving, I can tolerate noise.... lots of things are much better, but I didn't realise till afterwards! My head still makes that "tick tick" noise, and certain areas of my scar are still tender (in front of my ear for example), but I'm sure it'll go eventually.

Yesterday I saw the surgeon at Queen Square and was discharged from follow-up. When I told the reg that I am going to set up a support group locally, he said that was essential work because patients need to speak to other survivors. He said it's not that they don't believe the doctors, but it's easier to hear from other people who've been through the same thing. I do hope you find BTG helpful. Take care x

Hello Bay poor you, your really going through it right now and you are in the right place for real empathy so a warm welcome to you!What your going through just now is pretty much the same as alot of us survivors and somehow we muddle through it but there is no easy way. Keep talking both on here and with your doctor,it's important. In time and with the right help these feelings and symptoms of yours will ease.

If you read the posts on here you'll see that life does get better and does improve! The first few

months are the worst.

I wish you all the best and send my love .

Maggie.... BIG HUGS xxx

Hi Bay :) a very warm welcome to you...you certainly have come to the right place for advice and support. You mentioned your sore spots and the painful tightness across your forehead...were you clipped ? I still suffer from that now 3 years later...it goes in waves. I was told it is nerve damage. Look forward to hearing more from you. Take care love Tina xx

Hi Bay :) a very warm welcome to you...you certainly have come to the right place for advice and support. You mentioned your sore spots and the painful tightness across your forehead...were you clipped ? I still suffer from that now 3 years later...it goes in waves. I was told it is nerve damage. Look forward to hearing more from you. Take care love Tina xx

hi tina. i was coiled front middle of forehead, thats the one that b urst and there was one on the left side above ear they caught that in time b4 bursting and they were both coiled. do you ever a burning sensation around where you had your annie. take care dawn x

Hi

Welcome to BTG.

I read your exercise thread before reading this one and I think that you really should speak with your GP before commencing any fitness routine. I am sorry you feel rotten.

You are unbelievably early into recovery, although I appreciate you won't feel that it is! It is only as the months unfold and we look back, that we realise how early five months is after a SAH. However, when you are living it it seems like a very long time and it drags on.

I predict one thing, that you may not believe at this stage.

When you, (like me,) are 12 months into recovery and someone joins this site explaining how they feel five months in; you will tell them how early it is and how feeling tired and emotionally drained is common. You will probably also point out that five months is such a short space of time in SAH recovery.

When I was five months in, I assumed that I should have been feeling better and that I was somehow failing in my recovery. I now understand things a bit more and am far more gentle with myself.

If I had my time back again, I would have taken the first six months a lot calmer. Easier said than done, I know; but really, there would be no harm at all in you taking the next four weeks very gently. Rest is an important part of recovery and the one we neglect the most. I think we all push ourselves too much initially, but we then reach the stage where we 'get it' and take the foot of the accelerator!

Take care and keep in touch.

L xx

Hi

welcome to the site, i had my SAH June 2010, i still have headaches most days, recently had a bad one for four days. I have funny feelings in the head alot too, burning, tinlging. I have four young children and find it hard to cope, even tho my husband is fab!! My dr sent me to conselling as i could'nt sleep and felt scared all the time. It has helped loads!!!!!! Fatgiue is a big one for me too, although it is improving alittle. I seem to have good periods then follwed by bad period, i to think it is around my periods. I get nausea when feeling at my worst. I think it is all part of the reovery.

Hopefully ou will improve soon, ask your dr for some counselling as t does help:-D

Take care Rhiann x

Hi

welcome to the site, i had my SAH June 2010, i still have headaches most days, recently had a bad one for four days. I have funny feelings in the head alot too, burning, tinlging. I have four young children and find it hard to cope, even tho my husband is fab!! My dr sent me to conselling as i could'nt sleep and felt scared all the time. It has helped loads!!!!!! Fatgiue is a big one for me too, although it is improving alittle. I seem to have good periods then follwed by bad period, i to think it is around my periods. I get nausea when feeling at my worst. I think it is all part of the reovery.

Hopefully ou will improve soon, ask your dr for some counselling as t does help:-D

Take care Rhiann x

hi rhiann, thanks ,its nice to here people are going threw the same , my dr is referring me to sumit like neurophycholigist ,i think thats right just to help me threw it, my kids and partner all seem to think because im up and about that im me again, but i dont want go down that same road again , i was always on the go to the moment i got up til i went bed, this was 24 7 ,i dont want people to feel sorry for me ,i just want them to know that i might look alright on the outside but its the inside where everythings going on, we all just seem to hide it good. thanks dawn

Hi and warm welcome to the site, not sure if I've said hello or not but welcome.

A phycologist will help you understand whats happened 'n' stuff....

Been there with you not wanting people feeling sorry for you but with family if you look ok they asume you are YOU have to tell them that isnt the case, sometimes getting all the info you can Brain & Spine foundation is a good sorce as well as on here print it out to let them see for themselfs.....

Hi Bay

Welcome to the site you will find lots of people who understand exactly how you're feeling at the moment. I know the others have already said it but is very early on in your recovery try to be kind to yourself and rest as often as you can also drinking plenty of fluids can help with the headaches. Wishing you well with your recovery and look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Bay

Everything you have described is everything we've all been through. It IS still very very early days. Regarding the memory stuff, my neuro-surgeon described it really well and simplistically (which I needed at the time!) - memory is a photograph in the brain and sometimes negatives get damaged or lost.....that statement still rings true with me and helps when I get frustrated over the memory thing even after 4 years. We'll never be the same again and the hard thing at first is accepting the new you. You will, in time, but first try and be patient and listen to your body in these early days.

Lots of love and understanding

Sarah x

Hi Dawn. Welcome to BTG! I agree with what all the others have said here. I'm almost 11 months on and just the past couple months have really noticed big improvements (kind of like Jen and hitting that 9 mo. mark) I still have my moments with fatigue and headaches, and short term memory problems - but they occur much less frequently now.

Hang in there sweetie and do get on this site for questions, concerns and chatting. We're all here to support one another:biggrin: It truly does help.

Sending you good energy and seeing you well,

Carolyn