Hi all ....newbie alert !!-Ronnie

Ronnie S.

Hi Ronnie and welcome to BTG. I'm sure you will find it very comforting being amongst others who have experienced the same thing. This happened very recently for you so it's good that you have come across this site so early on (it took me over a year to find it!) and there is always someone around to answer any questions etc. In the meantime I wish you well in your recovery.

Sarah

Hi again all and thanks for the kind words . I'm 3 weeks in now and feeling not too bad . Had the coil op on 4th April at Southampton and was out on the 9th !! Still getting tired in the afternoons . I'm normally quite an active person so not being able to work is a bit of a pain - off for 6 weeks now then have to see what the doc says . Didn't quite realise how serious this was until I did a bit of research on t'internet . Nice to have found this site and to have 'met' others in the same boat . :-D

Hi Ronnie, they didn't keep you in very long did they!

It is a shock when you come out of hospital and begin to realize how serious the event was. You are a survivor! 6 weeks seems like a long time but it's really not. Just go one day at a time and give your brain some quiet time so it can heal. All your connections are rewiring themselves and and any unwanted blood in the subarachnoid layer has to get out of there. They say drink lots of water and get lots of rest. I'm glad you found us so early. :-D

Sandi K. Xo

Welcome to BTG.

Just concentrate on resting as much as possible for now. (I used to hate it when people told me to do that, and now I find myself saying the same!)

I am sure you will think of some specific questions over the next few weeks and you will find a lot of support here.

Take it easy,

Lynne

Welcome to BTG.

Just concentrate on resting as much as possible for now. (I used to hate it when people told me to do that, and now I find myself saying the same!)

Lynne

I will vouch for this as lynne told me this often in the ealry days & I just used to grit my teeth & try not to scream!! I hated being told to slow down but it really is important & you usually feel worse for trying to do too much. I am lcuky in that my headaches are few & far between nowadays resting 7 drinking lots really does help.

Everyone on here is so lovely, BTG really is an extended family so welcome xxx

Warm welcome to the site,

I think it took all of us awhile till it sunk in how serious a SAH is and how long the recovery is. Rest and drink plenty of water was one of the best advice i had. Plus weekly appt at my GP helped loads. My GP then sent me for counselling early on, this helped the most.

Take care Rhiann x

I will vouch for this as lynne told me this often in the ealry days & I just used to grit my teeth & try not to scream!! I hated being told to slow down but it really is important & you usually feel worse for trying to do too much. I am lcuky in that my headaches are few & far between nowadays resting 7 drinking lots really does help.

Everyone on here is so lovely, BTG really is an extended family so welcome xxx

Yup! I used to feel the same way!! But I know think I was in denial for months about how seriously I needed to take this. When "they" said 18 months to 2 years, sadly "they" were right. But now I'm trying to take that on board and to concentrate on ME and getting better. It goes against the grain, but it's the only way.

Welcome to BTG!!

Hi Ronnie

Welcome to the site and to the family. You are doing extremely well to be able to even contemplate using the net and joining us so early in your recovery.

At the moment the tiredness will be overwhelming at times but listen to your body and rest when you need to. Most importantly, drink plenty of fluids - keeping the brain hydrated helps with the headaches.

Looking forward to chatting to you some more.

Hi Ronnie and welcome to BTG! You've found us so early on - Gooood for you!!! This is the place to be for answers and support from a wonderful bunch of people.

As the others have said, Rest and Water (lots of it) will help. Hang in there and hope to hear from you soon!

Take care,

Carolyn

Welcome to the site! I've definiitely found it useful, has made some of my worries go away :-D. Drinking lots of fluids helped reduce my headaches - knew when i hadn't had enough... Listen to your body and try not to do too much too soon. Your body will tell you - makes my head hurt when i do too much and get exhausted :roll:

Any questions, please ask, there's always seems to be somone here with reassuring words.

Take care, Juliette xx