Hello again....

Hi everyone,

My name is Scott.... I used to post on here a few years ago.... Under the nickname rince. ...I have now had eleven anniversaries. ... and again I need your help..... I have a new partner and she has agreed to be my fiance! !!!

What I would like is for you all to give her some advice on what to expect..... I have a shunt and suffer from the "normal" stuff that we all experience.

Thank you to Karen for pointing me back here via her Facebook. ...

Love you all

Scott Xx

• Like 2

Fabulous news Scott and so happy for you!  :D and I've known you from my early days post SAH from Wessex Neuro/Southampton Hospital  and probably before I started the website or just after and we met at a pub in Basingstoke. I can remember you having taste issues or losing your sense of taste .... but you could imagine what crisps tasted like ... was it cheese and onion? ... Think that people like yourself and what I learnt from you all, pushed me forward in developing the site.

I think that it's lovely that you've met somebody who makes you feel happy and for being you ... irrespective of the SAH ... must admit that I find myself a bit of a challenge, let alone giving advice to somebody that's further forward in terms of years than I am .... however .... Be patient is one of them... Short term memory isn't always good ... Fatigue often rears its head ... I'm sure that others will add something to this, but so very happy for you! xxx

• Like 1

Welcome back Scott ! Wonderful news, Congratulations to you both xx

As for advice can't add much more than Karen ;) ...be patient with each other, always try and work as a team...even on a bad day just doing as much as you can. Communication. Trying to understand the frustration of not being the person you used to be and realising there will be days when fatigue hits and you will need to rest up. Being patient if you have to repeat yourself and not say....I just told you that!!

Scott I wish you and your fiance lots of love luck and happiness xx

• Like 1

Hi Scott and congratulations. 11 years eh? Well done on that as well. My advice to you both is to cherish and look after each other. I suppose the only thing I would add is that maybe let her know how you feel with the shunt / head injury some days, it's great when you have understanding that you're not deliberately being withdrawn or grumpy but that's just how that day is playing out and people around you should not to take it personally. But enjoy each day and be happy.

Hi Scott, welcome back & Congratulations to you both..

I remember (sort of) Karen meeting in the pub so reckon I knew you then too...

If she's agreed to be your fiancé then I'm thinking she knows what to expect Tina has it spot on its just what everyone has to do really ...

All the very best for you future together....

Hey Scott

Welcome back and congratulations on your wonderful news.

Can't really say much more than the others have - love, cherish, be honest, be patient, be understanding of each other.  I think its just as important that you are patient with your fiancee when she doesn't understand how you're feeling as it for her to be patient with you.  I'm sure you'll have a wonderful future together. So pleased for you.

Hi Scott, congratulations on your news :biggrin:

It's hard to add to what the others have said, but there is one thing that has taken some time for my partner to get used to - when I am exhausted I can be seriously extra grumpy. This doesn't mean I'm annoyed/irritated with him, it simply means that I've run out of the ability to cope with things around me. I try not to be grumpy as my tiredness is not his fault, but he has a habit of answering a different question to what I've asked and sometimes I just don't have the brain-space for it. He can take it a bit personally sometimes!

• Like 1

thank you to everyone for your kind word.  I love the bone of Scott, i know there will be days which will be harder then others.   I wont pretend i fully understand what he feels on a daily basis but will be by his side every step of the way.  

thank you again  :-D

love Amanda xx

• Like 1

Congratulations to Scott and Amanda.

If I could just add one little thing.  My husband seems to know exactly what I'm capable of on a daily basis and frequently tells me to rest etc or I'm doing too much, because as we know the fatigue can hit really hard.

I'm just not able to judge this for myself!

I'm sure you will both have a great future together.

• Like 1

Congratulations Scott and Amanda,

We had a bleed but are better now,  and Scott had his 11 years ago.

I find stress bad for me but other than this and me saying "No Stress please !" I am getting there.

You will both be well and have a happy life  xx Wins words xx

So off you go and be happy both xx

God Bless you both

WinB143 xx xx

• Like 1