Sharon

phil13

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well; I've been rushed off my feet and haven't been on in a while.

Sharon spoke last night. Yes, SHARON SPOKE LAST NIGHT.

I'd been in with her for about an hour and 15 minutes, she had been vocalising and coughing and out came the words, 'I LOVE YOU AS WELL'. A direct response to me saying 'I love you' God knows how many times. This past week or so I'd noticed she'd began to swallow which is directly linked to the vocal chords but I wasn't ready for what happened last night.

My head is spinning and I'm very much overwhelmed. She has a long way to go but this is a major step in the right direction and she's done it all herself, bless her.

I'm keeping my feet on the ground though, but my head is spinning and her words have been tolling like a bell in my head all day. It's coming up to two years this March and this happening is just incredible.

I'll speak to you soon I'm on my way back up to see her tonight.

Phil

x

Hi Phil :D:D:D Fantastic news.... WOW! ......so pleased for you......i am overwhelmed!!!! Such wonderful news !

So lovely to hear from you and that Sharon is doing so well....... :D:D:D:D

Hope you are well...remember to look after yourself. Take care Love Tina xx

Thank you all so much, but when I think of it she's been building up to something for a while. It could quite easily have gone into the bag with umpteen 'maybes', but the words 'as well' made it a direct response. She probably tried to say a few things last night as she was making a right racket vocalising most of the time I was there but she made it loud and proud bless her.

I'm still floating, and I've just come back from seeing her tonight and I think she probably whispered 'Phil' - she's incredible.

My brother Marty and his wife were over from Australia a couple of weeks ago and they said a 25 year old woman who suffered exactly the same complications as Sharon, suddenly spoke to her Mum after three years. And then my sweetheart does this...

Still a long way to go but isn't she something!

Phil

x

Thank you Elaine, it is absolutely incredible feeling even though I'm saying to myself 'steady on, there's still a long way to go'. Sharon was always a very determined woman and what happened the other night was all her own doing, bless her.

Yesterday I was absolutely at work!! I just floated around the building on automatic pilot. A lot of emotions that you suppress come flooding back like a tidal wave!

Since it all happened, I've scoured the net for any kind of indication, time-line that would determine whether Sharon was improving, going in the right direction, to no avail.

At some point, I will write about my own experience - things to watch for - so that others can at least have some kind of indication and not be left in the wilderness.

Thank you all again!

Phil

x

Hi Phil

I'm coverd in goosebumps and have tears in my eyes - what fantastic news. And like you say - those two little words at the end " as well" make it all the more important as she wan't just repeating what she heard - she knew what it meant and gave the response.

You've made my day - I'll go out with friends tonight and raise a glass to you both.

Take care

Love Sami xxx

Hi everyone,

Sharon has been very tired this week although she has been awake every time I've been in. But last night, I basically told her she had to try to speak more than just out of the blue and at least attempt to make some kind of sound every day.

Bless her, she then proceeded to lift her head and make sounds from her throat for the next five minutes or so, even though she was really tired. It was very intense and at the same time quite emotional.

I am so pleased for her and at the same time I feel so sorry for her.

Speak to you soon,

Phil

Guest Beth1957
Hi everyone,

Sharon has been very tired this week although she has been awake every time I've been in. But last night, I basically told her she had to try to speak more than just out of the blue and at least attempt to make some kind of sound every day.

Bless her, she then proceeded to lift her head and make sounds from her throat for the next five minutes or so, even though she was really tired. It was very intense and at the same time quite emotional.

I am so pleased for her and at the same time I feel so sorry for her.

Speak to you soon,

Phil

Oh, she's trying so hard, she must so want to be able to communicate, bless her!

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Strange day today, it's two years since Sharon had her SAH but what's made it stranger is what happened last.

I was asking Sharon to turn towards me on the left side of the bed when she started saying 'Am bla, am bla' and it didn't take a rocket scientist to work out she was saying 'I'm blind'. The thing is I've heard her vocalise this same phrase for the past six months or so and I feel so stupid for not understanding it earlier.

I suspected that her sight was pretty much a big blur but last night hit me very hard even though yes it's very positive and a direct response. I told her that the problem was the mental image and the brain connection and eventually she stopped frowning and perked up. But I feel so sorry for her and really for not picking it up months ago.

Also I'm without car at the moment and I have to leave at a specific time to catch the Metro home which means that like last night when she was gearing up to do something I had to leave.

Well, must gobble my tea down and catch the Metro so I have a decent amount of time with her. I will sort a car out very soon but it's p*ssing me off.

Take care,

Phil