Hello - Sam

Sam

Hi everyone,

I'm Sam, I've been registered on this site for a while but felt to nervous to say hello til now, I don't know why I was.

I had an SAH whilst on holiday in Oct 09, I was in hospital abroad for a few days and was eventually diagnosed with a viral infection and discharged with anti-biotics. I flew home a few days later (not a happy flight, I felt so ill and now I know why!) and I tried to function for a few days before giving in to what I thought was weakness and went to see my GP. He sent me to hospital where I was diagnosed with an SAH and was coiled the next day, spent several days in ITU and a while in hospital.

I've had many of the side affects that I have read about on this site;insomia, memory problems and general cognitive difficulties and it feels good to know that I'm not alone. I'm looking forward to having contact with other SAH 'survivors' and having people understand that even though you look the same, your not.

So thank you for listening...

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the site, Without being cheeky can I just ask is it Samuel or Samantha? Sorry but I just like to check I'm getting my info in order in my head. It must have been horrible to be in hospital abroad away from family and friends when they're most needed. I'm sure you will love it here as everyone is so helpful and friendly. It really lets you see you're not alone. I still find myself with little cognitive problems too, and I'm a few months further on than you. I do think though that it's becoming less over time. Hopefully it will go completely soon. Look after yourself and keep in touch here. It helps lift the spirits.

Sally x

Hi Sam

A very warm welcome to the site and to the family. Great that you found us cos it really does help talking to others who know how it feels. We have two things in common - on holiday when we had SAHs and Sam being our name - mine's Samantha (Sami).

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Hi Sam,

Nice to meet you, so to speak. I remember being registered for a while before posting, but am glad I did as I don't think you can beat talking to others who have been through a similar experience. Flying home in that condition must have been horrendous - good job your GP was on the ball.

I can understand peoples confusion with the name Sam - I have a son called Sam and his girlfriend is called Sammy!

Look forward to hearing from you again,

Best wishes,

Sarah

Hi Sam

Welcome to the site.

I'm glad you decided to get in touch. You will find a lot of support here.

Yep - you're in the right place for insomnia, memory problems and cognitive difficulties! They're almost mandatory requirements for site members!

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Lynne

Hi Sam

Welcome to the site!

That must have been so painful for you flying back home with SAH! my goodness...

Glad you have now found the courage to chat to us, I am sure you will enjoy joining in the banter in the green room! :)

Take care

Kel

Hi Sam, I'm new on here as well but I took the plunge straight away and posted. I have had a lot of questions answered on here by scrolling thru the topics. It has been invaluable and saved me hours of torment wondering whether it was normal or something serious. I think I would have been a fixture in my docs waiting room without all these wonderful people sharing there experience. Keep positive and I'll be thinking of you x

Thank you all for such a warm welcome.. I don't feel so alone now..

I am looking forward to setting to know you all better and I'm eager to read any advice people can give me to get through this.

Just to stop any confusion, it's Sam for Samantha, though I answer to almost anything!

Thanks

Sam

• 2 weeks later...